IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

7 minutes ago, bailyhill said:

Perhaps I should have said Uptone did a great job selecting and supplying the SMPS. I stand corrected. Thanks for that.

However that does not detract from my original suggesting that this topic be giving its own thread, and organized so that all the 

posts on power supplies and the SQ changes as a result.

There already is a thread for this, see here.

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

2 hours ago, BCRich said:

And we’re off to the races! Up and running....all ancillary devices are out of the loop.

ie: ISO Regen, Optical Module. Straight into to the “B” side from my Cisco Switch and SFP out to my Optical Rendu. 

If I may suggest, try it without the Cisco. 

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

Mine arrived today as well. Orbi router(Farad Super3) (Sablon Audio Elite Ethernet) -- etherRegen (Farad Super3) (Sablon Audio Elite Ethernet) -- ultraRendu(Farad Super3) (Sablon Audio Elite 2020 USB) -- Lampizator Golden Gate 2 DAC. First impressions are good. I'm noticing a warmer sound contrary to the brighter sound many reported. Still early days though, so will report back.

Today arrived. Within 3 days from the USA to the Netherlands. 👏

• Just installed Mac Mini I7 2020 (Belden cat8 with JSSG) to ER. A-side.
  • ER (B-side) with Linkup Cat 8.1 (sh) to Allo UsBridge Signature & Shanti lineair power.
  • Usb Signature with Ghent USB (JSSG) to Uptone ISO Regen feeded by LPS 1.2 and Ghent DC cable.
  • Project Ultra S2 feeded by Shanti and Uptone Iso Regen.
  • Only Native DSD 256/512 upsampled by HqPlayer 4.0
  • Auralic Taurus and Cambridge Edge W

First impression .... after 1 hour! Wauw.

A very subjectieve statement! 🤣 I know.  How can ??? But my ears love the better bass, mid-range and overall separation resp. Stereo image.

Have read will even be bettter .....after a decent burn-in period.😇😇😇.

Thanks U P T O N E,

Regards Andreas

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

Some more experiments to be done, I have 2 emo 70-HD’s in line that are connected to each Mac Mini, using the Monoprice Cat 8 cables which have the shields intact, the emo’s break those ground points.

Tried breaking the ground on the Cat 8 going from my wall jack to the EtherRegen with some heat shrink. Holy Moly, things came alive....

Then I tried removing each of the EMO-70HD’s, first from the HQ Player Mini and listened, put that one back and removed the Roon Core Mini one and listened.

Then listened with neither, end result they are both out for now.

I’m probably doing to much tinkering too soon as the ER is not fully settled in; I’m having fun though, it’s only gonna get better.....

My Ethernet Regen arrived as promised when I ordered in January. I was skeptical , but having products from Uptone Audio before, I was intrigued what this could do to my Ethernet signal. I am using the Innuos Zen MK3 server with my PS Audio Direct Stream dac and using the Bridge 2 as a renderer. All  can say is BUY the Ethernet Regen and stop procrastinating! Digital glare is gone. The pace of the music is superb. I was demoing some $1500 cables and will send them back. The difference is like buying a new component upgrade. JUST BUY IT!

22 hours ago, Tubeburner said:

I am using the Innuos Zen MK3 server with my PS Audio Direct Stream dac and using the Bridge 2 as a renderer

I have a Lumin U1 Mini as network player but other than that a very similar setup. May I ask how you connected the ER in the system? Do you use both Ethernet ports of the Zen (going directly to the Bridge II)? Or do you you connect the Bridge II to the ER? And: Have you tried both options? Thanks!

On 3/1/2020 at 12:51 AM, BCRich said:

Tried breaking the ground on the Cat 8 going from my wall jack to the EtherRegen with some heat shrink. Holy Moly, things came alive.

@BCRich, thanks for your reporting so far. I am working on a nearly identical pre-DAC chain w/ an eR since November and loving the initial SQ improvements, but haven’t had a chance yet for ethernet cable experiments. I wonder, would you (or someone) be willing to post a couple of photos (or direct me/us to some) that show how you used heat shrink to block the metal-connector ground on the Cat 8, and what a successful job of this looks like, for the uninitiated? (Perhaps to avoid going off topic, this could be done in the eR installation & usage thread? [Apologies if something like that is already there and I’ve missed it.])

10 hours ago, ppilihp said:

I have a Lumin U1 Mini as network player but other than that a very similar setup. May I ask how you connected the ER in the system? Do you use both Ethernet ports of the Zen (going directly to the Bridge II)? Or do you you connect the Bridge II to the ER? And: Have you tried both options? Thanks!

I am using the B port out to the Innuos Zen MK3. Ethernet from the Zen to my dac bridge. Simple and wonderful sound.

If you (as I am) are obsessed with female voices, you aught to listen to norwegian vocalist Kari Bremnes. Choose her 24/96 recordings when streaming or downloading. With EtherREGEN in the system, she is an absolute joy to listen to.
BTW - I have a new USB-cable connected from DAC to my Mac Mini: CAD USB-1 - and it's delivering the goods to an overwhelming degree 🙂

UpTone JS-2 LPS x 2 > Mac Mini (UpTone MMK/JS-2 LPS) > Cisco 2960 > EtherRegen 1 (1.2 LPS) > EtherRegen 2 (1.2 LPS) > OpticalModule (JS-2 LPS) > OpticalRendu (JS-2 LPS) > Denafrips Hermes DDC (i2S) > Denafrips Pontus II R2R DAC > Conrad Johnson Tube Preamp > Denafrips Hyperion Amp > SoundLab Dynastat speakers // CABLES:  Ghent Audio (JSSG360) / Sablon Audio / Tubulus Argentus / AudioQuest / PS Audio / Transparent