IGNORED

Qobuz streaming MQA CD's?

crenca

3 minutes ago, crenca said:

If we are to take to 2L for it, then the same album on Tiadal is also an MQA CD, it's just that the Tidal app is not recognizing it or show it to you that way.  In any case the only real way to confirm is to capture a snippet and apply mansr's tool, or ask him to do it.

You're right - until now, I've been assuming Roon's MQA detection is our canary in the coal mine, but maybe that canary isn't 100% accurate!

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This is strange. I went back and searched for two different strings of words. When I search for Pat Metheny and click to show all his albums, the MQA version if the only one available. See screenshots 1 and 2 below. When I search for Pat Metheney What's it all about, then Tidal shows me both versions. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Search and Tidal has always been problematic. The Roon guys say the back-end database is a mess

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This is strange. I went back and searched for two different strings of words. When I search for Pat Metheny and click to show all his albums, the MQA version if the only one available. See screenshots 1 and 2 below. When I search for Pat Metheney What's it all about, then Tidal shows me both versions. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Chris, these stream as you'd expect:

1. TIdal:
    • Redbook version is CD (not MQA-CD)
    • MQA version is full (24-bit) MQA
  2. TIdal:
    • Redbook version is CD (not MQA-CD)
    • Hi-Res version at hi-res

Right now, it seems to be 2L, but who knows how many other labels have adopted (or will adopt) MQA-CD.

3 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Very believable.

Tidal used to be full of "rock stars" who were great to deal with and knew their stuff inside and out. Now, not so much.

Anybody worth their salt will not last long in a hip-hop driven management culture 😋

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

10 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I wonder if these albums are MQA and consumers don't know? If yes, this really sucks. If no, then Morten should stick to his word and supply HDtracks with the MQA versions.

http://www.hdtracks.com/music/label/view/id/87/

Right: if Morten is so proud of his MQA CD sound quality, he should be more than happy to comply with Qobuz and clearly label his content as MQA CD.

1 hour ago, mav52 said:

Interesting, I followed your choice on Tidal and searched for the same artist , same album and got the MQA version and a Flac 44/16 version.  Using the Lumin app,  NOT USING ROON

Aurender shows both also. Great sounding album BTW. Using the Conductor app.

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

4 minutes ago, austinpop said:

@David Craff 

Any idea what the above means? I'm not familiar with Phonofile or The Orchard.

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/the-orchard-bolsters-distribution-might-europe-finetunes-phonofile-acquisition/

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

2 minutes ago, mav52 said:

The Orchard specializes in media distribution, marketing and sales based in NYC and owned by Sony Music Entertainment

So begs the question...do we know what Sony's position is on MQA?  I am assuming UMG is fully on-board, correct?