IGNORED

Qobuz streaming MQA CD's?

crenca

Being in the USA and not part of Qobuz's beta program I don't have access to this particular track.  In all probability it's a glitch on Roons side, but if anybody has access you can get mansr a snippet that would be swell.

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

11 minutes ago, crenca said:

Being in the USA and not part of Qobuz's beta program I don't have access to this particular track.  In all probability it's a glitch on Roons side, but if anybody has access you can get mansr a snippet that would be swell.

Does that mean you con't tell me which album it is so I can check?  If you know.  I asked there too because the poster did not make it clear.

No electron left behind.

23 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Does that mean you con't tell me which album it is so I can check?  If you know.  I asked there too because the poster did not make it clear.

Ha you're right.  I thought it was in the screenshot but it's not.  Hopefully the poster will let us know...

2 minutes ago, mansr said:

We need that capture to say anything for sure.

According to the poster in the Roon forum, it's some or all of the 2L 16/44 tracks.  Again, I don't have Qobuz (in USA, not a beta tester - though as soon as Qobuz becomes available for all I will be signing up) but I know at least a few folks around here do. 

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

Yes, at the moment I am using my computers built in output...  This is what I found and its very disappointing, very first 2L album I tried.

1226306846_ScreenShot2019-01-27at4_04_15PM.thumb.png.08e4d280fe7f2e357e5a921bd0312ba0.png

Strange! Audirvana shows 24/192 in play queue listing but FLAC 16/44 when playing direct from Mac Pro USB to Kii 3. This is for a Studio sub.

I see some pictures of folks using OS X.

In 2017 when I was looking at MQA and getting the decode off the Mac, I used Soundflower. Worked well for me for these kinds of situations back then. As Mans said, disable MQA decoding and grab the 16/44 stream.

A shame about 2L potentially "polluting" pure PCM streams with MQA-encoded stuff (especially 16/44 "MQA-CD"). I see the original CD came out in 2009 or thereabouts which means it should be available in a MQA-free state.

Archimago's Musings: A "more objective" take for the Rational Audiophile.

Beyond mere fidelity, into immersion and realism.

:nomqa: R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.