IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

Better to habe 3 dedicated switches linked to each server nas streamer on one side all sws connected to a router non wireless like ubiquti edgerouter 6p .

One of the switch is etherregen for streamer. 2 other cheap cheap pro cisco 2960. Use sfp port on router reconfigured as lan port to link with etherregen with startech 80km sfp module monomode fiber

See i have my plan...

1 hour ago, Ricardo007 said:

Better to habe 3 dedicated switches linked to each server nas streamer on one side all sws connected to a router non wireless like ubiquti edgerouter 6p .

One of the switch is etherregen for streamer. 2 other cheap cheap pro cisco 2960. Use sfp port on router reconfigured as lan port to link with etherregen with startech 80km sfp module monomode fiber

See i have my plan...

Maybe you have a diagram to illustrate what you are saying?  It isn't clear from your text.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

4 hours ago, Ricardo007 said:

See i have my plan...

If you link all these switches to a Non Wireless router as you describe, where does the wireless come into play? We live in a world now where it’s impossible to live without wireless in your home? 

At least one port on one of the switches needs to be wired to a WiFi access point, be it traditional router or mesh network router.  In my simple setup my current Cisco switch has 3 wires: one to a Roon software app server, another to the downstream DAC related device (an upsampler) and the third wired to an Eero mesh WiFi access point.  Others may also wire up a NAS to provide the music files to the player, or even run the Roon or other player within the NAS device.  My files are living on a USB attached drive connected to the Roon server.  As you indicate, many need to access their music player via an app running on an iphone/tablet/computer via WiFi.

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates

Thanks Alex.  Just got my notice of shipment.  This is as close to winning a lottery as I'm ever likely to get.  And being here in the Bay Area I'll eagerly await my postman's approach...

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates

14 minutes ago, Superdad said:

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

There was a nice pile of 35 EtherREGENs all boxed up, and with a little time left in the day I thought it would be fun to ship out some of the domestic units today--since Priority Mail will delivery most of these in two days, so this Saturday.  So we are shipping these more than a week ahead of the promised November 15th date! :D

Please do not send messages asking when your first batch unit will ship.  Just some of the lowest order number domestic Priority Mail units went today.  You can see another 120 units sitting in the back near the window.  These will get kitted up tomorrow and probably a few more will go then.  All the international units take time because of export paperwork and commercial invoices that have to be attached.  But every last first-batch unit (up to order #8913) will absolutely be shipped out by next week. You will receive a notice with tracking number.

Thanks for your patience and we hope you all enjoy your EtherREGENs!

1489136271_Firstdomestic35shipping.JPG.1da3b960dc81902e9d043596c080c8a2.JPG

Very nice!

I will refrain from sending you an email and asking whether order # 8787 was among the lucky ones 😉

Just got my order notice that my ER should be here Saturday!!!

Unfortunately I have to travel next week, but at least I'll have a couple of days to enjoy it, and by the time I return it should be fully broken in.

It will be interesting to hear all the top end systems at the NY audio show this weekend then come home to listen to (probably) better sound!

I was all excited to get a USPS shipping notification within about 30 seconds of Alex’s post and got pumped! Alas, it was for a different package from Chicago.  8801 standing patiently by ;)

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

Unbelievable! I also got mine!!!!!

Unfortunately I will received just in Monday as I have my office address. Goshhhh.

thank you so much Alex and John.

I guess I will be spending my weekend glued to this thread...

Cheers,

Jorge

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

Also got my too!!!

With expected delivery on east coast this saturday.

Thank you Alex to hard work to ship my 

EtherRegen way before promising date 

and perfectly timing (usps is close on next monday due to Veterans day holiday)

NUC7i7DNBE Akasa Plato fanless case(Windows 10 Pro bridged,LMS)>Cisco WS-C2960G-8TC-L> 2x Buffalo BS-GS2016>Buffalo BS-GS2008>Uptone EtherRegen>BG7TBL master clock>Sonore MicroRendu 1.4>Singxer F-1>Wyred 4 Sound Remedy>Lite DAC60>Schiit Audio Mjolnir 2>Hifiman HE1000

5 hours ago, stevebythebay said:

At least one port on one of the switches needs to be wired to a WiFi access point, be it traditional router or mesh network router.  In my simple setup my current Cisco switch has 3 wires: one to a Roon software app server, another to the downstream DAC related device (an upsampler) and the third wired to an Eero mesh WiFi access point.  Others may also wire up a NAS to provide the music files to the player, or even run the Roon or other player within the NAS device.  My files are living on a USB attached drive connected to the Roon server.  As you indicate, many need to access their music player via an app running on an iphone/tablet/computer via WiFi.

Yes indeed i have another routed port on the router for a cisco switch with a ubiquity unifi AC pro AP which i desactivate when listening music

I’m to waiting for my device from the dealer in UK. Very exciting times indeed.

I’m glad and proud to have learned that there is a dealer here in Sweden. Sometimes it feels like this is a desert when it comes to people interested in this kind of products. I’m grateful that there is hero’s prepared to sell products with less profit. At the same time I understand the other dealers who need more profit to make there business go around.

I have no deep technical understanding, but a feeling that this is exiting times. I hope that innovations like ER will open up beautiful music experience without have to pay the enormous amount that many great audio gear costs today.

I wish I was technically skilled so I could feed my Dac with external power like UpTone LPS instead of the power supply built in the device. Maby that could be a way to take it to higher levels without buying another one. I like the thought to better things I already own. Clean power and signal is as I understand it the the way to go.

Its not my intention to go of topic. If someone knows a thread or forum that cover power modifications on DACs I would be grateful for tips.

I wish us all wonderful experiences with ER.

19 hours ago, HumanMedia said:

Trying hard to wait patiently for the second batch next month............

Congrats early shippers.

Beta testers, unleash the reviews!

Yes, please bring on the reviews.

And you think it is tough being a second-batcher?  Try being a lowly third-batcher!    

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

11 hours ago, Superdad said:

So all 65 remaining first-batch international orders (and the rest of the domestic ones) will ship on Wednesday.

Will it be FedEx that does the international shiping?

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree