IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

Would it be possible to change the color of the thread you just read to a different color like grey?  The thick blue color to thin blue color after reading and returning to your activity page is kind of hard to distinguish.    

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

OK, I just enabled some major adjustments to the theme. From here on, I'll try to find issues and make recommended adjustments. Hopefully all major work is complete. 

Please keep the suggestions coming and let me know if something isn't working right.

Thanks everyone. 

P.S. It's 5:44 AM here, I'll probably get some sleep for tonight. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, Teresa said:

If I agree with a post, I like it too. However, I can't select both. I have to select one or the other. Not sure which one is the best to use. :)

You can use both all right (I just tried it on you :$) but the removal of either of them goes awkwardish. So it looks like you can't remove the one you want (it's a bit of guessing) after you applied both. Anyway, maybe the "Like" shouldn't be an option at all ? ... problem solved.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

Looking good to me. I'm especially glad the automatic login works again

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

12 minutes ago, fas42 said:

I would suggest that the size of the avatar circle, in posts, match the current size of that same circle that comes up in mouse over popups of a member's profile info.

The size as it is at the moment, is I think. too large; hovering makes it smaller and that would not be correct.

Btw, I liked the "too small" which make you hover to see the real thing. Thus, as it was.

XXHighEnd (developer)

All my ignored topics have disappeared!  I think the point size of the font is a bit too small now.  Is there a setting to change it?  I know I can change it for posts I create, I'm talking about the font used for viewing.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

4 minutes ago, rickca said:

I think the point size of the font is a bit too small now.

Hmm, I don't see that (in viewing posts or posting).

(Opera)

XXHighEnd (developer)

5 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

Hmm, I don't see that (in viewing posts or posting).

I think the point size of the font in the expanded Activity Stream is too small, especially relative to the point size of the thread topic.  When you go look at the actual post, the font point size is good.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

5 hours ago, PeterSt said:

Color settings as of now will attract more women now. Girls actually. 

4 hours ago, PeterSt said:

KabyLake01.thumb.png.e4104bbf0e8dd6c360294931ae1cffc1.png

Someone has their priorities set to excitable this morning.  :x

@The Computer Audiophile Thank you for keeping the advanced features like content restore in place.  Get some rest, your long night of work is appreciated.  The site looks and works great.

I hope my quote from Hydrogen Audio, as we guessed which forum was being merged with us while you re-indexed the site,  didn't play into your decision to change the site again so soon.  It was too funny not to post given a chance they were the one.

Feel free to make other suggestions as to how to make links more visible to people who can't see subtle changes in color and faint underlines, which are apparently as major of a sin as the garish gray on white color scheme so many modern sites seem to be adopting.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

OK, I just enabled some major adjustments to the theme. From here on, I'll try to find issues and make recommended adjustments. Hopefully all major work is complete. 

Please keep the suggestions coming and let me know if something isn't working right.

Thanks everyone. 

P.S. It's 5:44 AM here, I'll probably get some sleep for tonight. 

Thanks for this work. I find the site much easier visually.

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

Just now, mansr said:

animation effect when pointing at those buttons.

The most irritating of about all "shops" these days.

XXHighEnd (developer)

3 hours ago, rickca said:

All my ignored topics have disappeared!  I think the point size of the font is a bit too small now.  Is there a setting to change it?  I know I can change it for posts I create, I'm talking about the font used for viewing.

Hi Rick - Mea culpa. I made a mistake last night upgrading the Ignore Topics plugin. As soon as I did it, I thought oh no we could lose everyone's ignored topics. Please accept my apology. 

Looking into the font size now.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

17 minutes ago, mansr said:

Please get rid of one of the like/upvote options. It's confusing to have both. Also please get rid of the horrendous animation effect when pointing at those buttons.

And now it's suddenly sprouted a "thanks" button too.  Seriously, one liking option is plenty.

Hi @rickca - The font size for the normal comment text is 14px and the font size for the expanded activity stream is 13px. Due to the way it's coded, I'm not sure I can make a quick adjustment without effecting other items. I have to see what will happen downstream first, before making the change. 

24 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi @rickca - The font size for the normal comment text is 14px and the font size for the expanded activity stream is 13px. Due to the way it's coded, I'm not sure I can make a quick adjustment without effecting other items. I have to see what will happen downstream first, before making the change. 

It sure looks like a bigger difference than 1px to me.  Maybe it's because the topic text in the expanded activity stream is so big and bold.

Actually, the expanded activity stream font size may be the same as before.  It just looks like a lighter grey on my display than the text in an actual post.  Problem is that if you make it bigger, people may complain that now it takes too much scrolling.