IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

Hi @austinpop - I did some digging and found a bug that's not been fixed for years! It has to do with CKEditor. Here is one bug report - https://dev.ckeditor.com/ticket/12142

And here is one specific to the software we are using - https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/424803-auto-capitalize-first-letter-in-editor-for-phone-keyboards/

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

When you hover over each one it presents a tool tip saying, Like (heart), Thanks (trophy), and Upvote (arrow). 

These are pretty self explanatory, but maybe not. I actually like the granularity this provides. We'll see how it goes. Nothing is in stone. 

P.S. We can create custom reactions as well. I can only imagine what some people would like to say to others in the middle of certain threads :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

5 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

When you hover over each one it presents a tool tip saying, Like (heart), Thanks (trophy), and Upvote (arrow). 

These are pretty self explanatory, but maybe not.

I say not. It's basically three different ways of saying you agree with someone.

5 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I actually like the granularity this provides. We'll see how it goes. Nothing is in stone. 

P.S. We can create custom reactions as well. I can only imagine what some people would like to say to others in the middle of certain threads :~)

On some other site, I've seen voting buttons for "funny" and "insightful." That's a clear distinction that might even be useful. What we have here now is mostly confusing.

14 minutes ago, tmtomh said:

I really like the new look. I think it improves some of the contrast/color aspects and makes the site even more intuitive to use.

Change sucks!  I got used to the old look and now I have to get used to it again and I am getting too old and cranky to do this every 6 months...so just allow me to bitch a bit...it will all be alright... ;)

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

51 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi @austinpop - I did some digging and found a bug that's not been fixed for years! It has to do with CKEditor. Here is one bug report - https://dev.ckeditor.com/ticket/12142

And here is one specific to the software we are using - https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/424803-auto-capitalize-first-letter-in-editor-for-phone-keyboards/

Wow - I cannot believe this has been around so long.

I guess the massive amount of computing power needed to implement that complex algorithm to capitalize the first letter of a new paragraph has made this an intractable, NP-complete problem. 9_9

13 minutes ago, mansr said:

I say not. It's basically three different ways of saying you agree with someone.

That's because you are a negativist.

15 minutes ago, mansr said:

Agreed. It is ambiguous. Anyone in IT gets brain damage from it.

Of course anyone in IT already has.

So don't make it worse please ?

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

23 minutes ago, crenca said:

Change sucks!  I got used to the old look and now I have to get used to it again and I am getting too old and cranky to do this every 6 months...so just allow me to bitch a bit...it will all be alright... ;)

I promise we have reached homeostasis for the foreseeable future. 

11 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Oops - ignored users are back!

I notice a few posts above mine, a couple folks who are on my ignore list are showing up anyway. I still see this: 

Capture.thumb.PNG.f3a1b6080f56ff93af10a5353861bebb.PNG

Is this a known issue you're already tracking?

Never mind - I refreshed the page and it's fixed. Must have been some stale cookie in my cache or something...

14 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Oops - ignored users are back!

I notice a few posts above mine, a couple folks who are on my ignore list are showing up anyway. I still see this: 

Capture.thumb.PNG.f3a1b6080f56ff93af10a5353861bebb.PNG

Is this a known issue you're already tracking?

Hmm. This is one of those things that pleases half the people and pisses off the other half. Some people want the option to see something ignored (as in the screenshot below), while others don't ever want to see anything related to an ignored user. 

Let me look into what can be done, now that we've updated the platform.

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 2.18.08 PM.png

1 hour ago, austinpop said:

Looking great, @The Computer Audiophile!

My immediate reaction was to wonder - "where did the themes go?" - but then I realized I don't need a customized theme. What you have looks great as is!

BTW - there's still this very minor bug with iOS devices where when composing, new paragraphs do not automatically switch to caps for the first letter. This was there previously too.

Um, Chris - I may have spoken too soon. I may just have been reacting to an earlier iteration, but I just refreshed on my desktop, and it looks like a lot of the nice gray and blue accents are gone, and it's all looking very monochromatic again.

Any chance of restoring the themes feature? I really liked the "standard" and "CA blue" themes.

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

These are pretty self explanatory, but maybe not. I actually like the granularity this provides. We'll see how it goes. Nothing is in stone. 

What is "up vote"? I want to think it could form the basis for creating an automatic index of most-upvoted posts, in decreasing order of number!

35 minutes ago, austinpop said:

What is "up vote"?

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/upvote

"in an online context) an instance of using a particular icon to register approval of or agreement with a post or poster."

.....which I think equals to "thanks icon" (which I thaught meant ?  as I thaught it was a glass?) or maybe the ❤️ icon equals as well....

I'm a bit confused, but then again I'm not native English spoken ?

What actually could help @The Computer Audiophile, is if you copy Roon forum when you press ♥️, then the word "like" appears. 

So do with other icons maybe.