IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

What happened to the new color scheme?

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It was a bear to manage multiple custom themes / schemes when it came to update time. 

I settled on this one going forward. 

Ok. No biggie. 

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

5 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Would love to, if enough people purchased All Access subscriptions to keep the lights on around here. 

Time for a group buy ?

How many needed for a reasonable price ? Like 50% to 60% off the present price for a year ?

You can create a vote button to check the interest. 

How about run a test, one week, or one weekend, ad free, so we can understand the value of an ad free edition ?

I'm probably missing something obviously ... but is there now no way to "jump to first unread post" once you are viewing a thread?

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

16 hours ago, austinpop said:

Wow - I cannot believe this has been around so long.

I guess the massive amount of computing power needed to implement that complex algorithm to capitalize the first letter of a new paragraph has made this an intractable, NP-complete problem. 9_9

OT: Ah - you might be interested in this blog:
http://www.scottaaronson.com/blog/

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 hour ago, Jud said:

You do realize you've just expressed gratitude for advice from someone whose forum looks like this:

Phasure.com.png

You do realize you've just expressed ingratitude for participation from someone whose forum makes a lot more of this.   $$$

:P

Chris, seems to me that member search is no longer working.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

On 3/23/2017 at 7:23 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Please ask questions and I think you'll find the new possibilities can be much more tailored to your needs. 

I wish the "Ignore this topic" red button was available right on each topic listing instead of having to open the topic(s).

Hi Chris - It can well be that nothing changed regarding this annoyance I see happening :

At this moment I am in the wealthy position of receiving a PM or two, but when I see one while accidentally these two are at about the same time within the one notify I receive from it, then I click the one and deal with it, and never see the second. Well, I could, but by coincidence (like just happened). Thus :

1. Mr A sends a PM;

2. Mr B sends a PM;

3. PeterSt sees notification (green envelope), and blindly clicks the top one and never sees the second.

4. Notification has gone.

Possibly this can't be changed. But just in case it can ...

Thanks.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

@The Computer Audiophile, yesterday you banned someone, but he is not tagged as such.

If this is something you need to do manually (I recently saw one "Banned as Troll" so it looks like it) then you might have forgotton it. But I'd say that additionally this should go automatically (some kind of "banned" tag") so maybe something is not right.

Thanks.

@PeterSt

(this last one is for fun, just to see what happens)

(Edit : which is nothing)

XXHighEnd (developer)

Probably not solvable and also not a big deal :

When you click the envelope for PM, you see the checkboxes in the left margin. Click one and nothing happens.

Of course this is a about the garbage bin which appears on the bottom of the screen once you opened a PM and can do  the same in the left pane of the screen (at that moment). But no garbage bin when it is only a pop up (drop down actually) after clicking the envelope.

(at desktop - Opera).

XXHighEnd (developer)

Here's one which is quite annoying, and which maybe can be solved. Or maybe not because it seems difficult :

Suppose you are catching up with a thread and respond to a post here and a post there. They are at many pages back. Now, each time you respond you and up on the last page again. I understand why that is, but it is the most inconvenient because you want to continue with the next post x pages back.

XXHighEnd (developer)

6 hours ago, PeterSt said:

Hi Chris - It can well be that nothing changed regarding this annoyance I see happening :

At this moment I am in the wealthy position of receiving a PM or two, but when I see one while accidentally these two are at about the same time within the one notify I receive from it, then I click the one and deal with it, and never see the second. Well, I could, but by coincidence (like just happened). Thus :

1. Mr A sends a PM;

2. Mr B sends a PM;

3. PeterSt sees notification (green envelope), and blindly clicks the top one and never sees the second.

4. Notification has gone.

Possibly this can't be changed. But just in case it can ...

Thanks.

I see the same thing happen with standard (topic) Notifications as well (the "bell" icon). You may have 6 or 10 Notifications stacked up, but when you click on one, it seems to squelch them all. 

This should be a user preference I think. Some people want to deal with Notifications quickly as a set (one click, forget about the rest), others want to deal with them atomically (clicking each one decreases the Notification counter by one until all are handled).

The only time this gets challenging is when you're following someone's posts and they're very active in a given topic... so, suppose I'm following PeterSt and he makes a couple of comments back-to-back in the "USB cracked" thread. I'll get 2 notifications of his activity. If i'm managing my Notifications "atomically", I would have to click each one to "clear" it... when in fact clicking either one should clear both of them for a given page of a given topic, because I have indeed "seen" both of them.

On the other hand, if he's made comments on page 2, page 10, and page 14 (before I got around to viewing them), then I would expect each Notification to stay put until I clicked on it, since there's no chance I saw all 3 by clicking on a single Notification.

Clear as mud? :)

Several times recently I have encountered what I think is a bug on mobile (iOS):

When trying to insert a link--by highlighting the text, tapping the link chain icon, and pasting the link--it appears that I am unsuccessful until after I submit the post.  That is, the text I want to become a link does not show as underlined until after posting. 

Even stranger is that if I try multiple times with the same text, then some other text--mine above or quoted--may show that strange text overwritten on top of other text. That's a bug that I know others have seen once in a while.  

Of course now that I finally post about this, it appears to be fixed or I am doing something different now. Maybe I only encountered it when editing my own post and trying to put a link in then. 

Anybody else come across this?