IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

Can we get 30 seconds to edit for typos before the message is considered edited?

I know I should check my spelling and articulation before I submit my message but it always works best after it's been published...

Cheers

R

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

@The Computer AudiophileDid we lose the ability to just paste an image link into the chat box and have it embed?  It might just be my weird offshoot of Chromium browser.  Which is to say it might work, just not for me.  Very trifling request born out of pure laziness on my part.  

Example:  This would have produced the image instead of a link.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/uploads/monthly_2017_03/self-thumb.thumb.jpg.f3469e830c65dc5850626f2a7e0c6dc4.jpg

This one can be annoying, and I suppose it is a bug in the software which IMO manifests itself more than in the previous version. Look :

CALineCut01.thumb.png.ddce9d90facd6d9c53e8351bd30eb381.png

That line has been cut while I tried to have it in full in there. This happens half of the time, and usually it is a few characters of the last word copied. I recall from the previous software version it was 80% of times the dot behind a sentence only (which was cut).

Here I tried to drag-copy the behavior, which is quite easy (half of the times it goes wrong) :

CALineCut02.png.09fbcc16922b6247362cb2331cd25c88.png

I tried to drag from of the end of "brief" to the left, and ignorantly it removed the last two characters.

This is Opera and maybe it is related (with the previous version I always used Chrome).

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

1 minute ago, andifor said:

As much as I like reading the CA forum, I usually do this while not being logged in. As a result, I get a CA digest every day.

How can I turn this mail off? I think I unchecked all notification settings in my profile.

Got it... I have to change this settings for all "old" topics I was following. Now, how about this delete function of messages I just sent? ;o)

Don't know if this question was answered before:

After preparing to reply in a topic using the multi-quote button--hitting the + for a few posts--when I go to type in the edit box there is no way to put any of my own text ABOVE the first quote.  

This is bothersome as sometimes I wish to make a short statement prior to the quotes.  I'm sure there must be an easy way around this.  Please tell me.

Thanks,

--Alex C.

51 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Don't know if this question was answered before:

After preparing to reply in a topic using the multi-quote button--hitting the + for a few posts--when I go to type in the edit box there is no way to put any of my own text ABOVE the first quote.  

This is bothersome as sometimes I wish to make a short statement prior to the quotes.  I'm sure there must be an easy way around this.  Please tell me.

You can move the quote by dragging the cross-hairs that show up when pointing at the top left. Alternatively, cut-and-paste can achieve the same. If you know beforehand that you want some text at the top, type that first, then click quote.

4 minutes ago, mansr said:

You can move the quote by dragging the cross-hairs that show up when pointing at the top left. Alternatively, cut-and-paste can achieve the same. If you know beforehand that you want some text at the top, type that first, then click quote.

Thanks.  Some things--such as dragging and cut/paste--are easier to do at the desktop than on a tablet or phone.

8 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Thanks.  Some things--such as dragging and cut/paste--are easier to do at the desktop than on a tablet or phone.

Yeah, neither of those methods work with the usual phone keyboards. If you install one with a control key, it can be done.