IGNORED

Who are You Going to See?

5 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

Looking forward to Julia Fischer and Herbert Blomstedt playing Mendelssohn and Mahler tonight. 

??????

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

• 2 weeks later...

Radiohead Friday night was an impressive show.  Some very versatile and talented musicians.  The opener was Shye Ben Tzur’s Rajistan Express, which tours eponymously under Junun.

Neil Young was a solo show and very impressive.  John Hammond opened.  Neil had 3 pianos and a pipe organ, not to mention a variety of guitars as well as a ukulele.

Next weekend I'm in Boulder to see Dead and Company finish off their tour.

11 minutes ago, Johnseye said:

Radiohead Friday night was an impressive show.  Some very versatile and talented musicians.  The opener was Shye Ben Tzur’s Rajistan Express, which tours eponymously under Junun.

Neil Young was a solo show and very impressive.  John Hammond opened.  Neil had 3 pianos and a pipe organ, not to mention a variety of guitars as well as a ukulele.

Okay, I am jealous. Would have loved to have gone to both those shows!

Any inkling of a new Radiohead album coming out?  Seems like they are about due...

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

Okay, I am jealous. Would have loved to have gone to both those shows!

Any inkling of a new Radiohead album coming out?  Seems like they are about due...

No new songs, although they broke out Blow Out for the first time in 10 years and I heard they played Spectre tonight which was supposed to be for the Bond film.

They're still touring for Moon Shaped Pool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2018 at 7:15 PM, Musicophile said:

Call me crazy, but I  just bought tickets for Isabelle Faust with the AKAMUS playing Bach’s violin concertos at Chateau de Tannay near Geneva in August.

And now need to decide if I want to see Janine Jansen play Brahms, Sibelius or Berg.  Probably end up going for Sibelius, as I’m seeing the Brahms tonight already with Batiasivhili, but then again Jansen’s Brahms recoding that was recently released is fantastic. Or maybe some chamber music instead?

In any case, 2018 is going to be my violin year! Very happy. 

Isabelle Faust coming up next Sunday near Geneva. Looking forward to a fantastic concert. 

• 1 month later...

Sons of Kemet, October 8th at Doug Fir Lounge

tUnE-yArDs, October 22nd at Roseland Theater

Jungle, March 7 also at Roseland

Forgot to post: August 25, 2018 - This is Portland not Portlandia III: 4 venues, 30 local punk bands... the antidote to overblown music festivals!

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

10 hours ago, Superdad said:

The only time I saw him live was with Chick Korea’s original Return to Forever band—in 1976–I was 14 years old!  I can still remember his unique fingering style.  

Enjoy the show!  :)

It was a great show full of the frenetically paced music know as the "jazz fusion" style. The lead moved from instrument to instrument where the current lead showed off the speed and dexterity of his play. Piano, bass, electric violin, drummer, synthetizer with real-time voice sampling and a genuine Afghani tabla all played with blurred fingers and high precision. Stanley Clarke was the oldest player by 30 years and he was obviously the most talented musician in this highly talented group.

My millennial kids came along and this was their first intro to jazz fusion. They were impressed. Chick Corea is playing there next weekend.  Hmmm.... 

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

• 4 weeks later...

Lee Scratch Perry, at the Aladdin on 10/14. image.png.ff26f6a554d1ada5de26474207fe8d19.pngimage.png.20b02b00a0ed7f6d4ce3293b76156a80.pngimage.png.a0e6ee9316ca518e0f071688f7524742.png

IMG_1318.jpg

• 1 month later...

Erika Wennerstrom, tonight, in Austin...Looking forward to the show...

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

On 11/25/2018 at 6:14 PM, Musicophile said:

The final concert of the Lucerne Festival Piano: Piotr Anderszewski. 

He’ll be playing parts of the Well Tempererd Clavier, as well as the full Diabelli variations. 

Andrew Clements at the Guardian called his April recital in the UK of the same Diabelli “theist convincing reading he’s ever heard in a concert hall”. 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/apr/12/piotr-anderszewski-these-diabelli-variations-were-a-totally-enthralling-musical-journey

Should be exciting!

FYI, here's my review of the concert:

https://musicophilesblog.com/2018/12/01/piotr-anderszewski-at-lucerne-festival-with-bach-and-beethoven-a-review/