IGNORED

Shills...

barrows

5 hours ago, barrows said:

It appears to me that there are members who sign up just to post what are essentially free advertisements for various Chinese manufacturers in the guise of being "interested" in these new products...  Personally i am  a bit tired of seeing "newbie" member posts which read as an advertisement of a product.

I'm guessing you mean something like this recent example:

11 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I agree. Nobody likes this, except the people posting. 

I encourage everyone to use the report post function, so I can better research the posts using the behind the scenes tools available to me. 

Thanks for keeping an eye on this Chris. I agree with Barrows and the rest, unfair to legitimate advertisers who support this site, and also a waste of everyone's time.

JC

Well, what about the most offensive trolls, too?

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

Yeah. (Sigh) Carry on...

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

1 minute ago, davide256 said:

I like reading CA member posts where something new is introduced ( I'm trying "this" now with the following results). I detest posts where the material is just "fanboy" advertising, some guy used to spam legitimate threads on CA with multiple giant Sony product pictures, no actual user experience. Haven't seen anything from them lately,

might be one of the few cases where I blocked someone.

Agreed.  I have no problem hearing about actual members who have some experience with a new piece of gear (or music) and are posting about their experience with it, that is great-I love hearing about folk's actual experiences.  To me that is one of the main benefits of being part of an online community such as this.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

16 minutes ago, Kimo said:

I believe shills and trolls are going by the name "Influencer" these days.

Astroturfers ?

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2019 at 12:09 PM, sandyk said:

Hi Alex

Given that so many members loathe and detest the Audiophile press, we would never know about new and alternative products,

which may be a brand new type of product, and not necessarily in competition with our Paid Advertisers.

Perhaps we could have a new thread where bona fide manufacturers could post a ONE OFF information release, with neither members or the manufacturer being permitted to post any replies ?

It would then be up to any interested members to check the manufacturer's site for themselves.

I agree that it could be a Double Edged sword, but in the absence of reading sometimes biased reports elsewhere, we could be missing out on some new and worthwhile products.

Chris could even charge a small nominal fee for each product listed in this area to deter Spam ?

Kind Regards

Alex K.

I like this idea too. 

It could become a total gong show, but an unmanaged channel where manufacturers didn't need screening and could post there garbeled English and whatever links without worrying about passing some kind of test would be nice. 

There's lots of gear out there, like the Denafrips stuff, that was on the scene for a while before it caught on and got digital love. If there had been places where manufacturers could have posted it for any willing party to have a look, that would be cool. 

It could even become a platform for upvoting which could entice reviewers to take on new gear that wouldn't otherwise consider. 

But it would need policing because for sure assholes would abuse it and try to game the system.