IGNORED

Is It Time For Moderators?

Is it time for moderators in the forum?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for moderators in the forum?

This poll is closed to new votes

34 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I’ll get to this thread in a bit. 

Chris

When you finish spending some quality time with your daughter, are you able to drag out some Traffic Stats. for the last few days ? (NFP-Personal use only)

Given the extremely small number of replies to your thread, in  a forum with so many members and viewers, it seems a bit weird that there isn't far greater participation.

Could it be that the majority of silent members only visit occasionally ,or simply think that this whole issue is a storm in a teacup , or is it that for most members , time for family is more important this time of year , especially given school holidays etc.? 

With ProBoards forums it is also possible to send out group emails advising members of special promotions, and even notice of polls like this one which could result in a change to the T.O.S. of the forum.

At least it would result in a more accurate result to your question, and quite possibly result in only minor changes (if any) being needed .

I suspect however that many of the frequent posters will feel threatened by such a suggestion.

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 hour ago, audiobomber said:

We should have a LMAO button along with Upvote, Like and Off Topic.

What we need is for people to stop incorrectly using the OFF TOPIC button to voice their displeasure, instead of it being used for what it is provided for. Used correctly it has the potential to alert Admin to potential conflict problems when enough instances are recorded.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

1 minute ago, RickyV said:

Yes we need a disagre button too

I think that this option may not have been provided so that groups of members can't vote as a Bloc in order to disrupt/shout down or attempt to intimidate the OP or other posters in the thread.

23 minutes ago, Tone Deaf said:

the current Objectivists/Subjectivists thread is over 150 posts and counting, and is still civil.

I tried to derail it (edit: I mean challenge it), but couldn't get it done (English is too poor).

23 minutes ago, Tone Deaf said:

I wonder if that is somehow related to this ongoing Poll?

No way, IMO.

It looks more like numbed. More later (but I hope not).

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

15 minutes ago, lucretius said:

Labeling any conflict as "religious" (i.e. a difference in belief systems) is problematic.

I did not label anything as "religious". A difference in belief systems is not confined to religion.

Labels in general are problematic. They simultaneously mean very specific things, but also extremely vague things. They have a tendency to contaminate conversations even before they have taken place.

I do not believe I "labelled" anything. Simply put, unless something can be 'labelled' a *fact* then it seems to me we are talking about beliefs or perhaps, interpretation of the facts.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

8 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:
21 minutes ago, lucretius said:

Labeling any conflict as "religious" (i.e. a difference in belief systems) is problematic.

I did not label anything as "religious". A difference in belief systems is not confined to religion.

I meant "religious" in the following sense (from Oxford):

Treated or regarded with a devotion and scrupulousness appropriate to worship.

‘I have a religious aversion to reading manuals’

10 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Labels in general are problematic. They simultaneously mean very specific things, but also extremely vague things. They have a tendency to contaminate conversations even before they have taken place.

I do not believe I "labelled" anything. Simply put, unless something can be 'labelled' a *fact* then it seems to me we are talking about beliefs or perhaps, interpretation of the facts.

When you said "it boils down to a clash in belief systems", you essentially referred to the labels albeit without explicitly naming them.

mQa is dead!

2 minutes ago, Allan F said:

Sadly, the cloak of anonymity of internet forums attracts such trolls.

I don't think the subjects involved here, are anonymous. We know them too well.

I feel it is adrenaline boost (for eternity) that make people behave and post like that. I can do it easily too. But it is not natural behavior.

How many times did I see rancorous behavior hence explicit mention of "getting back" ? ... too often.

@The Computer Audiophile, I said it before (but could not get it across): the chat-like behavior this forum software encourages for, does not help this cause. Adrenaline is swept up easily. Just imagine that you're a pensionado and watch anything to pop up from this forum (CA, ... and that for close to 24/7).  How long would it take to get hyped once you start responding ? 20 minutes ?

No smoking needed. It just happens.

crazy_pilot.gif

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)