IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

@left channel thanks for answering for me to @mav52

I got same email also- I thought I already had an account according to Qobuz USA support Eric Benoit when he set up my BETA account with the STUDIO HiRes and closed my French account some weeks ago

Do you think people with  a BETA account have to resign up? Supposedly the BETA account just folds into a regular one. And I never got asked for any errors or 'bug' reporting either- and I still get no music but it is playing the album/song on ROON and I get an occasional 'device not recognized' on ROON/Qobuz interface for my ME E2 DAC-I am sure it will all get worked out

4 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

@left channel thanks for answering for me to @mav52

I got same email also- I thought I already had an account according to Qobuz USA support Eric Benoit when he set up my BETA account with the STUDIO HiRes and closed my French account some weeks ago

Do you think people with  a BETA account have to resign up? Supposedly the BETA account just folds into a regular one. And I never got asked for any errors or 'bug' reporting either- and I still get no music but it is playing the album/song on ROON and I get an occasional 'device not recognized' on ROON/Qobuz interface for my ME E2 DAC-I am sure it will all get worked out

I think that email was just a mistake, though a sign of things to come tomorrow. You don't need to sign up again.

My beta welcome email included a paragraph about bug reporting, but that was not a requirement. 

You seem to be experiencing difficulties only when playing Qobuz thru Roon, yes? Have you seen similar reports in the Room forum?

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

@left channel similar but not quite the same I have refrained from too much complaining the SQ is still great regardless of the bit rate and I love all different things that either the desktop app A+3 or ROON make available and experimenting with them reading all the metadata and finding new groups or albums within americana folk blues jazz i have have never heard before( I even listen to classical music now!!)= I even 'rediscovered' my iTunes library all 56000+ songs on ROON and 16000+ on A+3 like months of music with a 'shuffle' click!!

1 hour ago, left channel said:

To get the most out of Qobuz on Android, use UAPP. 

To get the most out of Qobuz on Android using UAPP one must get it to recognize and agree to send music to a USB DAC.  This is not a problem related to the topic in here. 

1 hour ago, rando said:

To get the most out of Qobuz on Android using UAPP one must get it to recognize and agree to send music to a USB DAC.  This is not a problem related to the topic in here. 

If your phone is able to play Hi-Res music itself, UAPP will get you around the problem of the Android OS resampling to 48 kHz. As with USB, the official apps from Qobuz and others cannot do that yet (with the possible exception of MQA, which is definitely not a topic here).

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

So even though Qobuz is now open to the Public in the US, it's still in beta.  I believe that also means the catalog is still incomplete?  When do you expect it to be out of beta?

My beta trial is set to expire in 2 days and I don't feel great about pay $25 for an incomplete service.  It also means I need to keep my Tidal account going until Qobuz is out of beta so I can transfer the remaining albums over.  I was kind of hoping today would be the official launch.  It's more like a soft opening.

Would really like to see a native Linux build of the app like we have for Spotify.

TIA

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

7 minutes ago, Sal1950 said:

Would really like to see a native Linux build of the app like we have for Spotify.

TIA

Not the same as having an app, but have a look at https://nuvola.tiliado.eu/index/ .  This allows the Qobuz Web Player to work in Linux.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

20 minutes ago, Jud said:

This allows the Qobuz Web Player to work in Linux.

Web player runs in Firefox-Linux with little issue.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

1 hour ago, dmackta said:

@iamoneagain With tens of thousands of new tracks being commercially released every week, what does it mean for a catalog to be complete? 🙂

Catalog is not a factor in the beta designation...there are some improvements to the apps that we want to make happen before we eliminate it.

Are there specific labels you are not seeing available for streaming right now? We are in the process of ingesting over 14 million more independent label tracks but it could take a few months to get them all live on the service.  

"Are there specific labels you are not seeing available for streaming right now? We are in the process of ingesting over 14 million more independent label tracks but it could take a few months to get them all live on the service. "

Onyx, Avie, Criss Cross Jazz, Steeplechase Jazz, Channel Classics High Resolution

28 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Like Spotify, our dev team take some time to build an linux version of our APP. This does not mean that it is an official version.

We have not yet tested this version and cannot guarantee its correct functioning.

We have lot's of think to do on our Desktop for Windows and Mac. Improve performance and stability, among other things.

After that we can look for a Linux build version.

Offical tweet from Qobuz 2 YEARS ago.....

Just don't string us along.  If it's not coming it's not coming.  Just let us know one way or the other.  If it's not coming there are plenty of alternatives out there and it really isn't a big deal, we'll manage.

1 hour ago, steveoat said:

I was hoping with the official launch that the catalog would greatly improve. Sadly, it is still missing a lot of the music that I listen to especially Americana. I doubt I will continue once my trial ends unless the selection improves.  Maybe, Qobuz should of delayed the launch.

2 hours ago, dmackta said:

@iamoneagain With tens of thousands of new tracks being commercially released every week, what does it mean for a catalog to be complete? 🙂

Catalog is not a factor in the beta designation...there are some improvements to the apps that we want to make happen before we eliminate it.

Are there specific labels you are not seeing available for streaming right now? We are in the process of ingesting over 14 million more independent label tracks but it could take a few months to get them all live on the service. 

Well there was a Qobuz employee saying that once out of beta, all the catalog would be available. Also when signed up for beta it warned the catalog not completed. 

I notice there is no Howard Jones available at all. Latest Bob Mould not there. Cat Power doesn’t have much back catalog. When ran Soundliz this morning there were still tons of albums not found. I was assuming this would improve once service officially launch.  See many MQA titles that are not in hi-res in Qobuz. 

I love the sound quality and really don’t want to drop service but just disappointed in catalog. I was planning of keep Tidal for one month overlap. Hopefully I see some improvement by end of next month. 

2 hours ago, dmackta said:

one that I am interested in that is not available is Clean Feed.