IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

631454177_2019-01-29Qobuz.thumb.png.1a004a2b6ed56a2ef41390eb20824ee8.png

For the track playback shown on the bottom, I'm assuming the lighter blue denotes the part of the track that has been buffered.  Yesterday, the app did not appear to start buffering new tracks in advance during album play, whereas today where gapless playback is working perfectly again, when it gets to the next track, it has already buffered.  So perhaps it's something in the "automatic" setting for buffer size?  The settings shown in my screenshot are the same ones I've had set since day one of the trial, if that helps at all. 

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

@David Craff @exdmd I read @exdmd above post and it peaked my interest.

There are four versions on Qobuz app of Slowhand 24/192 24/96 and 2 at 16/44 pretty much the same on ROON in Qobuz there is one version at 24/192 it plays with 3 white LED's through my ME2 DAC. And it sounds wonderful.

On TIDAL app there are 4 versions 2 MASTERS/MQA one plays with 2 LED lights blue and white the other one blue light and 2 white LED's.

I hear no distortion on any of the versions and no dropouts(have never had any dropouts ever on Qobuz/TIDAL ROON or A+3 and I hardly ever clear my cache-should I?))

All these versions sound excellent regardless of the 'player' where I might have a suggestion of difference( ie improvement of SQ separation bass ect) is with my Sennheiser 598's or RS-195's headphones.

BUT I have a Mac Mini late 2012 i7 with 16GB RAM and Apple Time Capsule Tower 2TB WiFi so could it be a factor of a PC requiring Wasapi driver? And how much difference in SQ can any of us possibly detect except as subjective hearing/listening experience? To my 70 yo ears all of this sounds absolutely marvelous- a little better here a little better there.

And @Jud I couldn't agree with you more- it is so pleasant on this topic/forum- it must be because Qobuz has made all of us more mellow,sedate and 'chillaxed'.

bobbmd

7 hours ago, Jud said:

I just wanted to note in passing how great it is to get a simple, honest answer instead of "happy talk." (Yes, that doesn't say much about what we're accustomed to.) This allows people to plan for the future on the basis of real information.  Please keep doing this.  Thank you.

+1

No electron left behind.

6 hours ago, bobbmd said:

There are four versions on Qobuz app of Slowhand 24/192 24/96 and 2 at 16/44 pretty much the same on ROON in Qobuz there is one version at 24/192 it plays with 3 white LED's through my ME2 DAC. And it sounds wonderful.

Maybe Qobuz streams a different version of the 24/192 as they are selling as download. If not, the sonic difference compared to the 16/44.1 shouldn't be significant, if any as you can see in this chart from the Qobuz download of Slowhand, Cocaine as example.

01-01-Eric_Clapton-Cocaine-SMRP.flac_report.png

On 1/24/2019 at 2:32 PM, David Craff said:

Hi,

Our iOS application can now be use with Car Play but only for local music.

Regards

HI David,

when I play downloaded albums via Carplay, the songs are played in a random order instead of the album order. Any idea what might cause that?

Thanks in advance,

Roland

8 hours ago, bobbmd said:

On TIDAL app there are 4 versions 2 MASTERS/MQA one plays with 2 LED lights blue and white the other one blue light and 2 white LED's.

I hear no distortion on any of the versions and no dropouts(have never had any dropouts ever on Qobuz/TIDAL ROON or A+3 and I hardly ever clear my cache-should I?))

All these versions sound excellent regardless of the 'player' where I might have a suggestion of difference( ie improvement of SQ separation bass ect) is with my Sennheiser 598's or RS-195's headphones.

BUT I have a Mac Mini late 2012 i7 with 16GB RAM and Apple Time Capsule Tower 2TB WiFi so could it be a factor of a PC requiring Wasapi driver? And how much difference in SQ can any of us possibly detect except as subjective hearing/listening experience? To my 70 yo ears all of this sounds absolutely marvelous- a little better here a little better there.

And @Jud I couldn't agree with you more- it is so pleasant on this topic/forum- it must be because Qobuz has made all of us more mellow,sedate and 'chillaxed'.

bobbmd

Sorry I don't understand your question !!

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

15 minutes ago, RolandGo said:

HI David,

when I play downloaded albums via Carplay, the songs are played in a random order instead of the album order. Any idea what might cause that?

Thanks in advance,

Roland

I will ask the iOS Product Manager about this issue.  You do not active shuffle play ?

On 1/26/2019 at 3:51 AM, bobbmd said:

In any event ALL my TIDAL and Qobuz playlists I transferred to Soundiiz transferred to Qobuz USA(although not 100% of the TIDAL songs/albums in each playlist- but what the heck).

For your information, Soundiiz will now use our new search engine and id product to have better result.

I will be dropping Tidal for Qobuz since playback using Audirvana+ is rock solid for me. I seem to be in the minority of Windows 10 users who are having sound quality problems with the Qobuz desktop app or there would be complaints all over the forums. I suspect that it is may be a hardware or driver latency issue with my brand laptop. Using the LatencyMon test my laptop fails, and this is with Win 10 Pro completely up to date, also all drivers updated using the HP support assistant.

11 hours ago, ddetaey said:

After updating the firmware of my T+A 8 DSD dac limiting playback of DSD from native Linux to DSD256, I have experienced not one dropout or any other disruption.

So the occasional dropouts were due to the DAc, and had nothing to do with Qobuz.

I am really excited by the catalog and SQ of Qobuz.

Dirk

Thanks for this feedback.

This and the application Freeze issues are our first priority. We have notice too that this can come from the audio driver. If you have this with Qobuz Desktop, can you try this :
- Check that the audio output selected for Qobuz is not the same than the one for your OS (Windows)
-  Use the default audio output from your computer, you must have one integrated to you motherboard
- Don not use the exclusive Wasapi mode for Qobuz Desktop and OS, at the same time

And give me feedbacks about this.

Regards

22 hours ago, ddetaey said:

After updating the firmware of my T+A 8 DSD dac limiting playback of DSD from native Linux to DSD256, I have experienced not one dropout or any other disruption.

So the occasional dropouts were due to the DAc, and had nothing to do with Qobuz.

I am really excited by the catalog and SQ of Qobuz.

Dirk

Could never figure out why Tidal drops out regularly on me, but Not once on the beta Q....puzzling, but I’m not complaining!

@David Craff

My post of 1/25/2019 at 08:24 pm wasn't really a question just my observations in regards to @exdmd comments on Clapton's Slowhand versions.

But about emptying the cache in Qobuz I don't think I ever cleared the cache even when I had my French account and now it says if you clear the cache on my USA Studio account it will delete my favorites etc-why does one need to clear the cache and what should cache size be set at I have it set at 'comfort' 30.0  Go and storage used by cache is 11/9 Go on my account

What do you think of my observation that Qobuz plays my MQA TIDAL playlists I made and transferred via Soundiiz play HiRes at 24/88 24/96 or 24/192?

I personally think your support is superb and the SQ in any form I use Qobuz either the desktop app or A+3 or ROON is exceptional-thanks

41 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

@David Craff

My post of 1/25/2019 at 08:24 pm wasn't really a question just my observations in regards to @exdmd comments on Clapton's Slowhand versions.

But about emptying the cache in Qobuz I don't think I ever cleared the cache even when I had my French account and now it says if you clear the cache on my USA Studio account it will delete my favorites etc-why does one need to clear the cache and what should cache size be set at I have it set at 'comfort' 30.0  Go and storage used by cache is 11/9 Go on my account

What do you think of my observation that Qobuz plays my MQA TIDAL playlists I made and transferred via Soundiiz play HiRes at 24/88 24/96 or 24/192?

I personally think your support is superb and the SQ in any form I use Qobuz either the desktop app or A+3 or ROON is exceptional-thanks

Where did you read that "clear cache will delete your favorite". This is not possible !!! Favorite are saved on our server for your account when cache is only on your computer or smartphone.

Sometimes when we make a big update release, cache and music import must be remove or need to be remove. That prevent bug, and sometimes we change the cache managing and so can't use the older one.

You are free to choose the size of cache, but remember that cache is functionality only manage by the application, to give you comfort in use.  Cache can be use for saving screen, content or music you have read.

The import is different, the size depends only on the storage capacity of your device. And your are the only one to manage it.

Perhaps he misread this:

Caution : changing the cached music directory will automatically delete all your music currently stored in cache

That caution is noted under the spot in cache management where it allows the user to specify a different path from the default.

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

1 hour ago, Hugo9000 said:

Perhaps he misread this:

That caution is noted under the spot in cache management where it allows the user to specify a different path from the default.

This is only about cache not favorite or purchased. You are the only one who can clear your favorites.

@David Craff In my US account, I find that all albums on the MDG label (Musikproduktion Dabringhaus und Grimm) offer only a 30-second excerpt of each track, and only in MP3 format.  Is this intentional, or did MDG supply you the wrong files?

https://play.qobuz.com/label/288087

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

23 minutes ago, Peter Hyatt said:

delete app and reinstall worked for me. 

Do you mean specifically regarding the MDG label or other labels?  I don’t have this problem with other labels.  (Actually, I did delete and reinstall the app with no effect.)

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

7 hours ago, Bob Stern said:

@David Craff In my US account, I find that all albums on the MDG label (Musikproduktion Dabringhaus und Grimm) offer only a 30-second excerpt of each track, and only in MP3 format.  Is this intentional, or did MDG supply you the wrong files?

https://play.qobuz.com/label/288087

It probably means they don't yet have US streaming licenses for those tracks.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)