IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

30 minutes ago, dmackta said:

Jeez guys really appreciate these posts. I know sometimes things aren’t as clear as they should be but you gotta know one key thing: it’s all about you, the audiophiles!  Our US team is 4 ppl and we make mistakes — but we are hustling 24-7 to give you the service you want! 

Written while listening to Beck Odelay on Qobuz. iPhone XS, Apple CCK, Audioquest Dragonfly Red, UE Pro RR — waiting on a corner for David Solomon so we can go get a quick sandwich. 

Nothing to do with Qobuz US as such, but just wanting to express my BIG thanks for the integration between Qobuz and Roon.

Your streaming SQ is really, and I really mean REALLY excellent, even at Redbook quality. integration with Roon, being able to bring albums in my library and have all the benefits - just think about lyrics as one example - and also on audioquality - I am  finally able to benefit from HQplayer upsampling/filtering.

I have a lifetime Roon subscription, I will keep subscribing with Qobuz all my life.

Dirk

P.S. Let this not prevent you to further improvements and innovations 🙂

2 hours ago, David Craff said:

Keep calm and listen https://open.qobuz.com/track/3116472

The tweeter announcement is dated and since then many things have changed. A Linux version is not and will not be a priority at this time. However, this does not mean that we will never do it. This request is in our backlog and when it is possible to do so we will do it. In the meantime, if you have an alternative to our web player, I invite you to use it.

Regards

Plenty calm here, no worries like I said.  Happily using via LMS/squeeezlite, this setup works extremely well. 

If you search google that's all you see mentioned with no updates since original tweet so I thought I'd point it out.  Good to put these discussions out in the open so google starts picking threads like this up and people get better/more up to date info. 

Great work overall so far.  LMS is pretty quick responding to the remote servers.  Sound quality especially at 16/44.1 noticeably better than rivals.  In the genres I like i'm finding more hi-res albums than on Tidal.  A sincere thank you for having a good metal/prog selection out of the gate.  Finding a lot of 192khz remasters in those genres which is awesome.  A lot of remasters in metal just don't sound very good, but now I have a way of auditioning it before going for a paid download, without investing in MQA hardware.   This is going to save me a lot of money.

Keep up the good work.

12 hours ago, steveoat said:

"Are there specific labels you are not seeing available for streaming right now? We are in the process of ingesting over 14 million more independent label tracks but it could take a few months to get them all live on the service. "

Onyx, Avie, Criss Cross Jazz, Steeplechase Jazz, Channel Classics High Resolution

Latest BSO/Nelsons recordings (3!) of Shostakovich on Deutsche Grammophone!   Seems odd, given so much other DG is present . . .  I’d like to cancel other services . . . but how long will it take to fill in the many gaps?

9 hours ago, sockpit said:

Latest BSO/Nelsons recordings (3!) of Shostakovich on Deutsche Grammophone!   Seems odd, given so much other DG is present . . .  I’d like to cancel other services . . . but how long will it take to fill in the many gaps?

This one https://open.qobuz.com/album/t9mvjgf9pgicb is not actually out til next week but we have it. We have full licensing with DG so if there are releases missing it is because they are not cleared for streaming OR it's an easily correctable error. Send details on missing albums through out customer service portal and everything is followed up on. 

@dmackta Glad to see all others who have thanked you as I did weeks ago after I found you and you and Eric Benoit helped me with my transition to Qobuz USA!

If  you get a chance take a look at my post elsewhere today on networking networked audio and streaming under ROON/Qobuz problems(pretty lengthy) when you try to get me an answer-I think it is a ROON problem but I am having some probs with even the Qobuz desktop app since begining of this week and especially since yesterday 

Thanks again and thanks for coming to the USA

21 hours ago, dmackta said:

Jeez guys really appreciate these posts. I know sometimes things aren’t as clear as they should be but you gotta know one key thing: it’s all about you, the audiophiles!  Our US team is 4 ppl and we make mistakes — but we are hustling 24-7 to give you the service you want! 

Firstly, LOVING LOVING LOVING Qobuz... Thank you!!! I am a Sublime+ subscriber, use it mostly over Roon.

Are all your current streaming agreements with labels in place and streaming? Or is there a tail end that is still in the works? Asking because I want to cancel my TIDAL subscription but want to make sure all my favorites on TIDAL are mapped over (using Soundiiz for this). 

Thx!

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

1 hour ago, miguelito said:

Firstly, LOVING LOVING LOVING Qobuz... Thank you!!! I am a Sublime+ subscriber, use it mostly over Roon.

Are all your current streaming agreements with labels in place and streaming? Or is there a tail end that is still in the works? Asking because I want to cancel my TIDAL subscription but want to make sure all my favorites on TIDAL are mapped over (using Soundiiz for this). 

Thx!

@dmackta can give you the lowdown, but my impression from reading stuff around the forums is that millions of tracks, mostly from independent labels, will be added over the next couple of months.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 hour ago, BrokeLinuxPhile said:

Debating the latest Tedeschi Trucks Band album right now for only $14.99 in 24/192.

Listened to a good chunk of it on NPR First Listen, sounded really good.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 hour ago, BrokeLinuxPhile said:

Love the download pricing too, even without a sublime acct.  Most 24/192 albums i like are below $17.99.  Debating the latest Tedeschi Trucks Band album right now for only $14.99 in 24/192.

Being able to audition and just buy on the spot is the handiest thing ever.  To me that's the real "killer app" part of the service.

In my case, since I like to download what I really like, Sublime+ will pay for itself!!!

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

34 minutes ago, Jud said:

Listened to a good chunk of it on NPR First Listen, sounded really good.

You’re an NPR junkie too? Love it! I listen to it over an FM radio every morning. Very analog!!!

system pics

@David Craff: it is hit or miss sometimes doesn't recognize my device ie DAC or does and no sound plays but music is playing sometimes freezes up web page can't go to discovery or favorites or playlists and sometimes playlists won't play or load and I have not been able to get offline choice to do anything the other stuff clears up if i click restart or just log off but haven't been able to access my offline library at all for a few days

the ROON problems HAVE to be their end @firedog seems to think it's MY SYSTEM but i haven't changed anything and all of this started this week i can live with it is just annoying and like I said Audirvana works always all the time and the Qobuz web page MOST of the time -i am just used to everything loading up and playing almost instantly

BTW_ am listening to a Kenyan folksinger JS Ondara on Qobuz web page/app now through ME2 DAC at192/24 HiRes but it won't play/or takes forever to load if it ever does if I go to ROON Qobuz version

I am sure everything will work itself out but don't understand what has happened since start of this week

Some questions.

1. Is there a way to make a "smart" playlist? For example, I would like to make a playlist of all Everest classical recordings. Can this be done automagically?

2. Is there a way to lasso or group select a bunch of albums from a search window in order to not have to add them individually to a playlist?

Dear Qobuz. Kindly consider programming these options into your interface. Now that I have migrated from GB to US I need to recreate all of my QB playlists! 

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

14 minutes ago, mourip said:

image.png.4b1079861a664557ab956fbdd4a9e1a7.png

Today I cannot get anything to play on USA Qobuz via Roon. This includes my Windows PC, my iPad or my iPhone. Previously it worked fine. Is the Roon system integration down?

I logged out and then back in to Qobuz inside of Roon and now tracks play. Funky that it worked earlier and then had this issue.

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

@mourip see my post #1342 and my earlier post elsewhere on this page ROON is extremely slow to load for years now even worse now and like you either takes FOREVER to load qobuz albums playlists etc and when it does nothing plays except i get that audio device failed to initialize but quitting the qobuz app in upper left corner and clicking restart fixes the app 'problem' sometimes have to do this several times nothing i do even signing in/out of Qobuz on ROON helps-no one from ROON has bothered to answer my questions yet(not unusual) but David Craff(Qobuz) answered me almost immediately- do you have audirvana that has never failed either Qobuz or TIDAL or my iTunes library or all my playlists etc

13 hours ago, dmackta said:

This one https://open.qobuz.com/album/t9mvjgf9pgicb is not actually out til next week but we have it. We have full licensing with DG so if there are releases missing it is because they are not cleared for streaming OR it's an easily correctable error. Send details on missing albums through out customer service portal and everything is followed up on. 

Thanks for responding.  I’ll report the other two albums to US customer service.  

They are available from Qobuz in Great Britain, where I have a separate account via VPN.  Love your service and look forward to being a legit domestic customer her in the States!