IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

3 hours ago, David Craff said:

I understand the impatience surrounding Qobuz Connect and your high expectations. However, it's important to realize that pressure and criticism will not speed up the project. We are fully committed to this project and are working hard to deliver an experience that meets both your expectations and ours, but this takes time. Quality is our top priority, and we will only launch Qobuz Connect when it meets our high standards. To fully focus on the development and quality of Qobuz Connect, I will no longer be commenting on this topic in this forum.

That's too bad, and essentially the same answer as Qobuz have been giving for well over 1 year now.

When a customer asks a question, that is not pressure and criticism. Wondering how we go from WiiM to Denon/Marantz announced as the first integration partner to roll out Qobuz Connect over literally one year's time is not unwarranted.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

13 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

That's too bad, and essentially the same answer as Qobuz have been giving for well over 1 year now.

Come on @MikeyFresh, he did say it was going to be a long way :~)

On 10/28/2021 at 10:31 AM, David Craff said:

Qobuz Connect is in progress (at the beginning for the moment and this will be a long way)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

7 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

it seems clear that it is not a priority for them, no software requires so much time to be developed....unless we are talking about an integrated management system like SAP

I agree, and the same was true of the never finished/working DLNA/UPnP feature, which still sits there in the UI despite being non-functional.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

43 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Come on @MikeyFresh, he did say it was going to be a long way :~)

Yes absolutely, but that doesn't change what I stated. I'll add that I have direct correspondence with Qobuz dated August 2021, in which they stated the exact same thing with regard to the status of Qobuz Connect.

Yup, that is a long time.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

3 hours ago, MikeyFresh said:

When a customer asks a question, that is not pressure and criticism. Wondering how we go from WiiM to Denon/Marantz announced as the first integration partner to roll out Qobuz Connect over literally one year's time is not unwarranted.

‘aggressive’ questioning = criticism. You don’t see it that way but others do…. sadly the effect of the minority may now impact the majority who were otherwise thankful that a manufacturer chose to kindly share information like this on an internet forum. 

Any manufacturer who willingly chooses to share anything with us should be encouraged, not discouraged. But what they choose not to share is surely their prerogative & not to be criticised for & certainly not hounded the way it’s been done in the recent posts.

Grimm Mu-1 > Mola Mola Makua/DAC > Luxman m900u > Vivid Audio Kaya 90

38 minutes ago, krass said:

sadly the effect of the minority may now impact the majority who were otherwise thankful that a manufacturer chose to kindly share information like this on an internet forum.

You've missed the entire point that there has been no information shared, nothing of substance, and nothing but incessant delays and kicking the can down the road for literally years.

In that sense, you aren't now missing out on anything, are you?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, JCW6 said:

Dumb Question:  Does Qobuz Web Player allow creation of separate files of favorites, e.g., very special favorites among many regular favorites? -- JCW6

If I may chime in: I think the answer to that is NO, as far as Favorited albums are concerned.

Myself and others - sorry, I forgot who - had been desiring a similar feature:

(a) To be able to create several lists of Favorited albums, one each e.g. for an artist;

(b) to be able to sort the albums within such lists manually as one would like.

The idea is being to be able to sort all Favorited albums in exactly the same way one was used to sort physical media (e.g. CDs) on a shelf.

Since that is not possible (yet???), the workaround proposed by a fellow collector here - sorry, I forgot who - is to create Playlists instead of Favorited albums lists, one per artist, using the first track of each album as the entry in the playlist, and sorting these entries as per one‘s liking.

@JCW6: It looks like the workaround described might be applicable to your desire, too.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, stefano_mbp said:

@David Craff hi David I’m discussing with some friends about this album

https://www.qobuz.com/it-it/album/stravinsky-conducts-stravinsky-the-rite-of-spring-the-firebird-igor-stravinsky-columbia-symphony-orchestra/i00ye5vz1xbtc

that is defined as 24/92 but from a spectrogram analysis it seem to be actually a 24/48, it would be helpful a response from the source 

thank you

IMG_3162.jpeg

There are millions of tracks like that. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hi all:

I am not a Qobuz subscriber but my brother is. I think he just plugs his iPhone or iPad into his amp.  I think he likes the Qobuz app and creates playlists.

But I am about to gift him a Sonore microRendu that I no longer use.  

I don't think he wants to get into Roon or Aurdivana, he just wants to stream Qobuz from his iPhone to the microRendu. 

So that means putting the microRendu into MPD/DLNA mode and using some 3rd party app (since I see that Qobuz Connect is not on the short horizon).

I downloaded to my iPhone the Conversdigital mConnect app that Sonore recommends.  It plays but boy what a horrible interface!  

Can someone recommend something nicer?  My brother's priorities are:

--Being able to create and edit playlists easily;

--Being able to download for offline listening some albums from Qobuz.

Thanks much.

--Alex C.

P.S. I just came across a slick iOS (and MacOS desktop, and even Apple Watch) app called Rigelian.  An MPD and OpenHome player that claims to include connection to Qobuz.  Just $4/year.  

Has anybody here tried Rigelian with Qobuz?

[EDIT: Well I just downloaded Rigelian and it seems that its support to stream Qobuz only available to OpenHome devices.  I guess that rules out the microRendu?]

@Superdad, why not a very inexpensive WiiM Mini, particularly if his amp includes a DAC he likes and supports Toslink? The WiiM Home App supports a useful subset of functions from Qobuz, including creating playlists and adding to them (but not heavy editing, but the Qobuz mobile, desktop, and web apps work for that). And when Qobuz Connect is released, I believe WiiM will be one of the earliest, if not the first platform that supports it.

If his amp doesn't include a DAC, and he wants higher audio quality than the Mini's DAC provides, he can get a WiiM Pro Plus, which has an excellent DAC and analog out setup. 

49 minutes ago, Superdad said:

P.S. I just came across a slick iOS (and MacOS desktop, and even Apple Watch) app called Rigelian.  An MPD and OpenHome player that claims to include connection to Qobuz.  Just $4/year.  

Has anybody here tried Rigelian with Qobuz?

[EDIT: Well I just downloaded Rigelian and it seems that its support to stream Qobuz only available to OpenHome devices.  I guess that rules out the microRendu?]

Strange that the mRendu won't support OpenHome, since the upmpdcli app on which I believe its UPnP/mpd mode is based does include OpenHome support freely available in its configuration file.

I don't particularly mind the mConnect interface, though I prefer Linn and Lumin, but I'm fairly sure both the latter require OpenHome capability also.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

31 minutes ago, Balthazar B said:

If his amp doesn't include a DAC, and he wants higher audio quality than the Mini's DAC provides, he can get a WiiM Pro Plus, which has an excellent DAC and analog out setup. 

Yes, thanks!  I think the Wiim Pro Plus--for a crazy-low $219--is going to be the best solution for him.  His amp, a lovely original American-made Marantz 18 receiver (sweet warm sound that he loves) which I got him years ago, has only analog inputs--and too few at that.  

I was going to give him an old Light Harmonic Geek Pulse DAC (plus extra LPS I have lying around) along with the microRendu.  But it all would be too complicated to maintain/support (he lives far away), plus he has an aging Apple AirPort Express that he often slings to, as well as a TV.  

He was looking at the Eversolo DMP-A6, but that's a lot more $ and a bit overkill as he does not need the touchscreen or volume control.  So I think the Wiim Pro Plus may be ideal--and since it supports AirPlay as well he'll be able to ditch his AirPort Express.

It's great to have Qobuz on Android TV. I've been getting audio to the DAC from the television's toslink output, but the tv resamples everything to 48kHz so I'm looking into an HDMI audio splitter. Ideally it would have both toslink and coax digital outputs, but most have toslink only and I can live with that (or with coax only). I'd also like to continue controlling the tv with the Google TV remote, which I believe means the splitter must include the CEC signal in the HDMI output.

There are dozens of splitters listed on Amazon but in almost all cases the specs are not clear. And a product might have dozens of positive reviews but then I'll find one that says "audio output is 48kHz only". I figure the community here will know what I need. Can anyone recommend a good HDMI audio splitter?

I already have a headless NUC connected to the DAC but both of its HDMI ports (and the ports they were connected to on the TV) died in lightning strikes, so while I can get a Qobuz stream from the NUC to the DAC's USB input using a remote client on a tablet, it's inconvenient and no one else here would know how to do it. A Qobuz Connect feature that works like Spotify's Connect (Qobuz on tablet sees Qobuz on computer as an audio output) but until that happens Qobuz on ATV is a nice solution.

On 4/10/2024 at 2:34 AM, Juan Triana said:

In the Android TV app I have found a bug in playlists. Only the first 5 tracks can be selected for direct play. From there when I try to play any track it plays the first one in the list.

Thanks for the feedback, we are aware of this issue and will fix it.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

So, yesterday completely out of the blue most of my offline library and online purchases became unplayable on my Android Qobuz app on my Google Pixel 7a.

Weirdly a few songs can be played as normal still, but the majority won't, giving me this error-message when attempting to play them:

"It's impossible to play this track. Thank you for trying another playback forma..."

What is going on, Qobuz??

Screenshot_20240414-232920.png

On 4/14/2024 at 11:30 PM, Trisolaran said:

So, yesterday completely out of the blue most of my offline library and online purchases became unplayable on my Android Qobuz app on my Google Pixel 7a.

Weirdly a few songs can be played as normal still, but the majority won't, giving me this error-message when attempting to play them:

"It's impossible to play this track. Thank you for trying another playback forma..."

What is going on, Qobuz??

Screenshot_20240414-232920.png

Hi,

We found an issue with the last release this one is fixed in the next one. Sorry for that.

Regards

On 4/15/2024 at 9:33 PM, LoryWiv said:

Hi, @David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist@David Craff. I noticed that the QoBuz app. no longer allows for downloading of booklet pdf's, although they are "view only". IAs a sublime user, I had really appreciated being able to download Booklet pdf's for offline reading (I am travelling internationally tomorrow, 11 hour flight) to learn what to add to my purchase list, and occasionally to add in a booklet to something I previously downloaded. eg - from another source, that was missing one.

This is not a particularly customer friendly change, rather it is a ":take away" decreasing customer use scenarios and flexibility. Please consider reverting to the prior functionality: ability to download booklet pdf's from the QoBuz app., at least for those of us with paid membership accounts.

Thanks.

Hi

This is a rights issue. The majors and suppliers do not authorize the right to download the booklet, so it can only be consulted.

Regards