IGNORED

Jeff Dorgay & TONEAudio Declare War on CA

Just now, mansr said:

Of course, nothing stops someone simply posting a link to the article here and commenting away to their heart's content.

Yep - been done and will continue to be.  Of course, "raising the bar" for the effort required to make such comments here virtually assures few if any people will bother to post casual, positive comments about the latest products or news. Instead, anger and criticism directed toward these publications or the equipment they review will be the order of the day.

Thus, another thing I'm fond of saying: You create what you fear. 

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

2 minutes ago, Jud said:

Of course, "raising the bar" for the effort required to make such comments here virtually assures few if any people will bother to post casual, positive comments about the latest products or news. Instead, anger and criticism directed toward these publications or the equipment they review will be the order of the day.

It will actually be more about commenting on what an idiot the reviewer is or that the particular publication sucks, etc.

10 minutes ago, phototristan said:

I think it's called link harvesting, and it's nothing new. You get free original content from others for your site without having to really do anything. 

If this is true, then why not have Tone Audio choose the summary option or simply disable RSS?

36 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Its all crazy to me. I really wish HiFi could embrace technology to expand its audience. 

All we we want is a simple RSS summary to show CA readers. We want to send traffic to all the sites. And, we want to provide a place to leave comments because many sites have disabled that feature or censor comments heavily. 

27 minutes ago, Jud said:

As I am fond of saying, no good deed goes unpunished.

Well, perhaps that's a reason - some sites may not want uncensored comments on their reviews or the equipment being reviewed.

23 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This is so frustrating for me. I really should take a break and listen to some music. 

Is it time for me to start talking about this dysfunctional Audiophiledom culture again?  All this was/is as predictable as the sun coming up...really, just let me know ?

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

26 minutes ago, phototristan said:

I think it's called link harvesting, and it's nothing new. You get free original content from others for your site without having to really do anything. 

This makes zero sense. 

18 minutes ago, phototristan said:

It will actually be more about commenting on what an idiot the reviewer is or that the particular publication sucks, etc.

Similar to your your comments that we allow here on CA. 

14 minutes ago, phototristan said:

Also, most of the review sites moderate their comments section, if they even allow comments. Why would they want a third-party renegade site allowing comments on their reviews that they cannot moderate? 

This makes zero sense. Think about it please. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

35 minutes ago, Jud said:

Yep - been done and will continue to be.  Of course, "raising the bar" for the effort required to make such comments here virtually assures few if any people will bother to post casual, positive comments about the latest products or news. Instead, anger and criticism directed toward these publications or the equipment they review will be the order of the day.

Thus, another thing I'm fond of saying: You create what you fear. 

Ok, I can't resist.  EXACTLY. This explains why "they" (i.e. Audiophile reviewers/trade publications/"the industry") will not be the source of any solution or change of the Audiophile culture/atmosphere (rather in print or on the web).  "They" have created the status quo, and those who create problems are rarely the solution of said problems.  Solutions do not come from the same level at which the problems were created normally.

Chris want's Audiophiledom to embrace tech (in this case just modern web promotional techniques) but they can not because they have a much deeper fundamental problem in how they understand and do reviews, business, and audio 

This post is by some small minded amateur who is going to go nowhere in business and life:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/46282-jeff-dorgay-toneaudio-declare-war-on-ca/?page=22&tab=comments#comment-848823

However, and this is the hard truth, his limited thinking goes all the way to the top of Audiohiledom.  

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This makes zero sense. 

This makes zero sense. Think about it please. 

But Chris, it makes perfect sense.  I have this guy on ignore but what you quoted is exactly the status quo - the top down, who needs customer feedback (it is a scary thing), let's just do what we have been doing for 30 or 40 years now and die a slow demographic death...

3 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

I don't think HiFi really wants to expand the audience at the press level anyway. When HiFi was everywhere in the United States (the 70's) the press had little power and audiophiles were a minority of people who liked good sound from their equipment. I really wonder if the old guard wants an expanded market where it would have to adapt to a larger audience.

I agree 100% with you. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

17 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

34 minutes ago,  phototristan said: 

No, I never did comment on what an idiot you are, nor did I post this site sucks. 

46 minutes ago, phototristan said:

BTW, need proof of this? It's already happening: 

RE: Steve Guttenburg:

I find that his videos never live up to the promise of the titles. He never actually provides a strong or cohesive argument, or a solution, or whatever the title seems to indicate. I cannot remember a single time when I've ever been interested enough to watch one of his videos to the end - and that's saying something since most of them are only about 5 minutes long.

I am glad he is a presence in the audiophile world, but as much as I like him, I think his content is generally a big, fat nothing-burger.