IGNORED

Jeff Dorgay & TONEAudio Declare War on CA

11 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

I have to say that, until Chris started this thread, I had completely forgotten about the existence of the ToneAudio website.

I will now make an effort to return to this state of mind.

That's what I have been trying to do since the last Star Wars movie....?

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

21 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

That seems to be how high end audio works at least in the United States. Do what you have to to drive traffic away from your site. With a little work I think Tone Audio can get themselves back under 100,000 views a month. As for Tristan I will take a better picture of Multnomah Falls than he did just because I can next week. 

Perhaps not all websites can  handle a high level of views without substantial upgrading ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 hour ago, mansr said:

Reminds me of a guy some years back who had a little website hosted by his ISP, as was common back then. For whatever reason, the site became quite popular and attracted a lot of traffic. The ISP contacted the guy and offered to help him make the site less attractive so as to ease the load on their servers. He was not amused.

'HAHAHAHA

No electron left behind.

9 minutes ago, arcman said:

Since the feed is down now, myself, I would remove this entire thread. A bit embarrassing to have hanging around (If I were the op) if one abides by TA's wishes anyway. 

For the health of the industry it is not a good idea to listen to Jeff.

Keep the picture of sheep.

13 minutes ago, arcman said:

Since the feed is down now, myself, I would remove this entire thread. A bit embarrassing to have hanging around (If I were the op) if one abides by TA's wishes anyway. 

Mostly embarrassing for Jeff.

19 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Interesting. 

Our resolution was that I removed John's content after a public back & forth on Twitter. He suggested a phone call which I agreed to. The timing was really bad for me because I was in the middle of a family function when this happened and was heading to Maine at 5 am the next day. We disagreed then and still disagree, but I just didn't have time to continue going back and forth and I think Jon is a really nice guy so I just removed his content. 

Under different circumstances I would have talked to him a bit more to understand his perspective, but that in no way changes my view that I did nothing wrong. 

@thecomputeraudiophile

Perhaps Darko's reason for not wanting to take part in your RSS feed is the same reason as Jeff's. Could Jeff been nicer at the first exchange without accusations and threats, yes. But in my opinion, you're the bully. You took Jeff's lunch money and told him I took it because you didn't lock it down like everyone else. That's a bully move.

That's all from me... moving on.

5 minutes ago, HiFiInsider said:

@thecomputeraudiophile

Perhaps Darko's reason for not wanting to take part in your RSS feed is the same reason as Jeff's. Could Jeff been nicer at the first exchange without accusations and threats, yes. But in my opinion, you're the bully. You took Jeff's lunch money and told him I took it because you didn't lock it down like everyone else. That's a bully move.

Huh?

Very strange to me. 

No need for analogies. We have facts here. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

26 minutes ago, HiFiInsider said:

@thecomputeraudiophile

I assure you, Jeff’s reasoning was all over the board, accusatory and much of it built on items I proved to him to be false. 

He accused me of scraping content and removing his copyright notice in his latest email. That’s just not possible if one understands how RSS works. 

I could go on about the false assertions that were made one after the other, but I won’t. 

Perhaps you'd also like to know that for years Jeff wanted to “cross pollinate” (his words not mine) content on our sites. 

I was also told that if I just had asked before importing the content it would have been OK. That blows me away on many levels. So he’s OK with all of this but he wanted to be asked for something he is giving away? 

Its all crazy to me. I really wish HiFi could embrace technology to expand its audience. 

All we we want is a simple RSS summary to show CA readers. We want to send traffic to all the sites. And, we want to provide a place to leave comments because many sites have disabled that feature or censor comments heavily. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

10 minutes ago, Jud said:

As I am fond of saying, no good deed goes unpunished.

Well, perhaps that's a reason - some sites may not want uncensored comments on their reviews or the equipment being reviewed.

Hi,

On another site recently, the author of an article responded to my post, and wrote a statement as if i had made a comment i never made.

I responded, stating i made no such statement (it was obvious from my text), and this response was not allowed to be posted.

I think if this was not an open forum, where all courteous statements are allowed, the forum would reduce in traffic, and so would the exposure to advertisers equipment.

Censorship will just lead people to believe there is an agenda detrimental to discussion.

Regards,

Shadders.