IGNORED

Jeff Dorgay & TONEAudio Declare War on CA

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'm willing to bet Steve, who I am friends with and hope to debate at RMAF this year, wouldn't find anything wrong with that comment you posted

He quoted someone else's comment. How ironically unoriginal.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

18 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

I don't think HiFi really wants to expand the audience at the press level anyway. When HiFi was everywhere in the United States (the 70's) the press had little power and audiophiles were a minority of people who liked good sound from their equipment. I really wonder if the old guard wants an expanded market where it would have to adapt to a larger audience.

13 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I agree 100% with you. 

Chris (and everyone else).  Think about it, what did a little modern/positive thing like actually utilizing RSS do?  So called "professionals" like Jeff D and John Darko reacted like they did (i.e. ignorant, closed minded, and even threatning).  How are these amatuer soon-to-be-failed Audiophile "publishers" here like @phototristanand @HiFiInsiderreacting?  Like the no hold barred "you took my lunch money" status quo defenders they are.  Chis has hinted that these guys are just the tip of the iceberg and that more has gone on behind the scenes.  

Audiophiledom as it is currently constituted will not be the source of even the slightest change/ideas to "adapt to a larger audience".  They are an audio and business dead end...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

5 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

You are a fan of the old guard, we get it. 

This is constructive criticism at its best. It's pro consumer. Enabling people to comment on what they see can only help everyone. I'm willing to bet Steve, who I am friends with and hope to debate at RMAF this year, wouldn't find anything wrong with that comment you posted. 

The old guard hates criticism. Fortunately, the old guard is on the way out. 

I don't know, but something tells me Guttenburg wouldn't appreciate being called a 'big fat nothing burger'...

3 minutes ago, phototristan said:

I don't know, but something tells me Guttenburg wouldn't appreciate being called a 'big fat nothing burger'...

Tristan - Please re-read that thread. Here is the exact quote. This comment has absolutely zero to to with Steve personally and everything to do with criticizing his content. Huge difference between me saying your photos suck and you suck. 

Constructive criticism leads to better content for those willing to accept it. Steve wouldn't be bothered by such a comment about his content, especially since the person commenting says they like him.

On 7/15/2018 at 10:51 AM, tmtomh said:

I am glad he is a presence in the audiophile world, but as much as I like him, I think his content is generally a big, fat nothing-burger.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Jeff and Tone have been very good to audiophiles and music lovers alike over the past thirty years.  I've enjoyed every piece he's done.  

I suspect that's why you copied Tone's legally protected content and forwarded it under your own brand name.  That makes you a thief.  Also, the less than positve things you've said about Jeff are slander and they will land you in court.

I'm more than happy to contribute to any fund to start legal action against CA for Theft and Slander.

You're exposing yourself as a D-Bag in an industry that is fine without you.

3 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Tristan - Please re-read that thread. Here is the exact quote. This comment has absolutely zero to to with Steve personally and everything to do with criticizing his content. Huge difference between me saying your photos suck and you suck. 

Constructive criticism leads to better content for those willing to accept it. Steve wouldn't be bothered by such a comment about his content, especially since the person commenting says they like him.

Point taken, although that comment is still quite a derogatory one versus one that seems to actually want to provide constructive criticism. 

"I am glad he is a presence in the audiophile world, but as much as I like him, I think his content is generally a big, fat nothing-burger."

I agree that his content is somewhat "shallow" most of the time.  That said, he works on the edge of Audiophiledom - he is self consciously and intentionally trying to attract folks who are not already in Audiophiledom and expand its audience.  In this way he is light years ahead of the status quo and the old guard...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

5 hours ago, fnscg said:

Jeff and Tone have been very good to audiophiles and music lovers alike over the past thirty years.  I've enjoyed every piece he's done.  

I suspect that's why you copied Tone's legally protected content and forwarded it under your own brand name.  That makes you a thief.  Also, the less than positve things you've said about Jeff are slander and they will land you in court.

I'm more than happy to contribute to any fund to start legal action against CA for Theft and Slander.

You're exposing yourself as a D-Bag in an industry that is fine without you.

Given the personal details available to me, based on your registration here at CA, I think it's best you tell everyone who you really are.

P.S. Never use this on a test, but the old rule of thumb is Slander = Said, Libel = written. Libel as in library is an easy way to remember this.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

40 minutes ago, fnscg said:

You are being a little bratty child who hasn't yet learned how to play nice in the internet sandbox.

First of all, you only inserted a copyright after I pointed out that RSS provides for copyright.

You provided a copy of your RSS document on your website and the act of downloading and using it does not constitute thievery but go ahead and call your parents and ask them about this.

How would Chris know how you intended to limit the usage of your RSS?

Now *after* you clarified that you don't want him to use the document that you provided, he removed the link to your RSS.

That how it works.

Don't be a little bratty web child.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

31 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

People never cease to amaze me. I just received an email from @fnscg

Does this language and tone sound familiar to anyone?

"So sad that you’re sitting in front of your computer while the people you disparage are off actually making a living and selling product.  You reply immediately and call me a sock puppet?  No surprise, it’s what you’re doing between your immature rants.

All these people you lambast built an industry many know and love.  What are you doing?  Sitting in your crappy little house pissing off people who will write letters to your advertisers, forwarding your posts and emails calling their customers darogatory names.

So this is your plan to get ahead and make a living.  Good luck.

I’m retired and wealthy.  I have nothing better to do for the rest of the day than to write letters to all the advertisers listed on your site.  Scum needs yo pay.  Time to collect.

Have a nice day ASSHOLE."

Hi,

Hifi is very much in decline - here is an article from 2003in the UK The Independent newspaper :

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/so-farewell-then-amp-and-deck-as-buyers-ditch-hi-fi-in-favour-of-dvd-81489.html

States : "Over the past couple of years the decline has been really dramatic, and it will slide even further." and "There has also been an explosion in computer-based music servers."

Given this article is from 2003, and it is known Hifi is still in decline for the past 15 years - up to what date did "Jeff" & Co.,  build this industry ?

Also, his spell checker does not work.

Regards,

Shadders.

1 minute ago, firedog said:

Wow, you really don't understand anything.

CA stole nothing. The content was pushed -not just a link, but entire articles. Get why that isn't stealing? 

Slander? Really?...Where? When you quote someone-and the quote is accurate- slander can't exist. Truth can't be slander-no matter what it is. Please find one example of Chris' slandering Jeff.  

I thought some of tristan's post were fairly mindless, but yours could be used as an example of an idiotic post. 

Keep reading!  ?