This album was only able to be purchased, initially, if you had bought a ticket to see Mary Chapin Carpenter in her live, streaming concert last November. It is also now available only on her website. This recording captures a stunningly intimate performance, beautifully performed and superbly recorded. Just her, her guitar and a few microphones. If you are a fan of hers, or any kind of folk/singer songwriter genre music, this is  a must listen.

One Night Lonely 2-CD

On 7/31/2021 at 4:28 PM, EuroChamp said:

Friedrich Gulda

Friedrich Gulda spielt Beethoven sämtliche Klaviersonaten

Qobuz

folder.jpg

I just now realized this is a new release.  I have the Brilliant box, and it is my favorite complete cycle.  Apart from some recklessly fast tempi in the Waldstein and Appassionata, the entire set is so well played it should've been remastered into 24-bit.

EDIT:  it's interesting to note what Jed Distler said in comparing the Brilliant and Amadeo releases a few years ago:  Beethoven: Sonatas/Gulda - Classics Today.  So we should add "... remaster and lose the fake reverb."

image.jpeg.c019fdd04ae87696bf8f36648ad312d7.jpeg

I have prepared a review of this recording which hopefully will be posted soon. I was also able to host a zoom call interview with Patricia Barber, Jim Anderson and Ulrike Schwarz about this recording in conjunction with my audio group, The Philadelphia Area Audio Group. It was recorded and available to our members only. As of yet, I have not received authorization to post a link to it open to the public. It is a great interview. Hopefully more will get to see it.