15 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 10.17.10 AM.png

ECM Records continues its long tradition of publishing solo albums with music performed on the double bass. I think the first was an album by Barre Phillips in the early '70s. Then albums by Dave Holland, Miroslav Vitouš, David Darling, etc. More recently there was an album by Larry Grenadier. 

1 hour ago, austinpop said:

folder.jpg

Bought this promising box set. Listening to Mahler 8th tonight.

Just the other day I was listening to the 4th from this set, conducted by Yannick Nézet-Séguin. I liked it very much, the performance is magnificent and the recording is beautiful. It remains a mystery to me the anonymous external design of the current Berliner Philharmoniker downloads. Perhaps they are embarrassed to be the best and strive not to stand out in comparison to any other no-name orchestra in these politically correct times? 🙂

7 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Just the other day I was listening to the 4th from this set, conducted by Yannick Nézet-Séguin. I liked it very much, the performance is magnificent and the recording is beautiful. It remains a mystery to me the anonymous external design of the current Berliner Philharmoniker downloads. Perhaps they are embarrassed to be the best and strive not to stand out in comparison to any other no-name orchestra in these politically correct times? 🙂

Yes, I listened to the 4th too and liked it very much. Even if not all 10 symphonies are as well performed (I'm working my way through), the entire set at 24-bit (48 or 96 kHz, varies by piece) for $69 is a very nice price: https://www.berliner-philharmoniker-recordings.com/mahler-symphonies.html

6 hours ago, John Massaria said:

I'd Like to share 6 play lists I did on Spotify- I do plan on turning them into playlists for Amazon HDMusic

six Play lists so far with 100 songs each range in variety - Headphone Ultimate Playlist Vol.1 - 6

they are collaborative so anyone could add songs after the 100th- feedback appreciated ;-)

Forgive me, but I am new to Spotify.  I was able to see your #1 playlist, but unable to move to the other 5.  How do I accomplish that?