My SO told me she hated Frank Sinatra because she didn't like the sound of his voice... That is until tonight when she heard him played through my headphone system and heard his voice in all its subtlety and detail.  She said that Frank sings with a monotone drone every other time she has heard him and she didn't like it at all.

Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 9.12.40 PM.png

No electron left behind.

And one more, a new one this time, and also fantastic. I've just reviewed it on my blog: https://musicophilesblog.com/2020/05/10/a-wonderful-new-chopin-concerto-recording-by-benjamin-grosvenor/

Streaming 16/44 from Qobuz, but about to click on the "buy" button.

beq66raag5y1a_600.jpg

On 5/10/2020 at 10:16 AM, AudioDoctor said:

My SO told me she hated Frank Sinatra because she didn't like the sound of his voice... That is until tonight when she heard him played through my headphone system and heard his voice in all its subtlety and detail.  She said that Frank sings with a monotone drone every other time she has heard him and she didn't like it at all.

Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 9.12.40 PM.png

So hard to find good digital Sinatra. 

42 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

It is, and I see her point if you've only ever heard low-fi crap recordings of him before on low-fi equipment.

His voice also lost a lot over the years. Best to listen to 50-60 year old stuff, not newer stuff.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

7 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 7.46.09 PM.png

Used to listen to those two albums a lot when they came out. I was in University at the time.

Last year I revisited Singles, but was a bit disappointed to be honest:

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)