IGNORED

Pandemic Listening

42 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Don’t get me started. I watched Lemieux sink the Stars at Met Center to win the Cup, then the Stars moved to Texas. I was in high school. It was terrible.  

I can relate....I grew up in Winnipeg and suffered through their move to Phoenix. I moved to Edmonton in the early 80's during the Gretzky years and became a fan, but when Winnipeg got a team back from Atlanta I switched back to following the Jets and am a huge fan.

Music enjoyment-wise, I've taken the opportunity to install Roon Bridge into a spare Mac Mini and connected it to an exaSound e20 DAC that I haven't been using for several years and put it into my home theatre system. I've been (up to now) a headphone listening guy, so I'm actually enjoying being able to listen to my music library on that system sans headphones. Don't know why I didn't think of doing that earlier. My problem now is that it isn't all that great a system for 2-channel listening as it isn't really set up for that (old Canton CD 300 speakers and a Pioneer AVR for the amp) so now I'm fighting the urge to upgrade the equipment! LOL....it never ends with this hobby.

CAPS Pipeline with HDPlex Linear PSU running Win10 64 bit, AO 2.0, RoonServer, HQPlayer -> T+A DAC8 DSD -> Linear Tube Audio's MicroZOTL2 Headphone Amp with Mojo Audio's Illuminati Linear PSU -> Focal Utopia/Audeze LCD-3

Here in Paris everything but supermarkets are closed and we are expecting similar measures to Italy's (curfews). 

At this point, it is pretty clear that the responsible attitude is to stay home if possible.

This situation may last for some time - would be surprised if schools reopen before the summer.

Covid-19 is not going to go away, and it may be something we will have to live with permanently in some way or another.

I now do most of my listening either on a desktop system during the day, or on my main rig late at night. 

Glad I saw a couple of good concerts right before it all started - Marcin Wasilewski Trio, Igor Levitt, Layla Zoe (25 people present at the gig made me think of many things but surprisingly not about the virus :)). Have lots of free time now, exploring new music has been taking even more time during the last month than listening to it (time for this will come)..

For those who have a piano (and a disinfecting wipe) 9_9

[âIMG]

6 hours ago, firedog said:

There's that song Bob Dylan sings:  Corona,Corona:

Corona, Corona
Gal, where you been so long?
Corona, Corona
Gal, where you been so long?  (edit)

Or:  My Corona.  (the knack)  (?) nack (?)  Whatever.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

46 minutes ago, yamamoto2002 said:

Why C5 to E5 keys should be wiped 4 times more than other keys ? 😁

It's a necessary preparation for the 'senza infezione' and 'secco' parts of the composition.

I have an impression you don't quite understand this piece ;)

Pandemic listening (I'd highly recommend washing hands before and after the listening session):