IGNORED

Pandemic Listening

ciao from Sicilia...My home is in the north(near Genova) but circumstances have me now in the south. We are in lockdown approaching one month. Living by myself, it can get very lonely. I listen to Qobuz throughout the day. I’ve got a chrome cast plugged into a crappy old tv. It’s made me appreciate the music. I’ve been a lifelong hifi geek and listening through this setup was a bit of a disappointment at first. The longer this human tragedy drags on, the less I miss my listening room at home. I/we in this small audiophile community are fortunate to be safe and, so far, healthy. Life here is tough. Many have it so much worse than we do. It’s the music that keeps me going. I wish you all well. Stay safe, my friends. 

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

@The Computer Audiophile just watched your video on Lord Stanley's Cup-brought back some nice memories-- of watching Hockey Nite in Canada(the announcer was a St.Lawrence All American) and all those great Habs players in late '60's early 70's. Taking the train from Cornwall to Montreal for a Canadiens game. May have seen Tony Esposito in goal against St Lawrence once but best was watching Ken Dryden keep goal for Cornell all 6'7" of him(with his skates) with his chin on his stick most of the games because the 'D' was so good St Lawrence never got the puck across the blueline in the 4-5 x i saw him play in person and then that great run to the Cup with him in the nets for Las Habitants.

Thanks for the memories!!

https://www.facebook.com/Live4LiveMusic/videos/205671110531833/

BANDEMIC - Jam with Medeski, Scofield, Martin & Murphy (guessing Wood couldn't travel) in front of the stay at home order.  John, the old guy of the band, wears a mask and wrote a song about it.  Pretty nice playing.  Jesse Murphy, a NYC based session player, has worked with scores of jazz and pop artists, played on Sco's Uberjam album, and gives a real nice groove to the tunes.  

Tone with Soul

37 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

@The Computer Audiophile just watched your video on Lord Stanley's Cup-brought back some nice memories-- of watching Hockey Nite in Canada(the announcer was a St.Lawrence All American) and all those great Habs players in late '60's early 70's. Taking the train from Cornwall to Montreal for a Canadiens game. May have seen Tony Esposito in goal against St Lawrence once but best was watching Ken Dryden keep goal for Cornell all 6'7" of him(with his skates) with his chin on his stick most of the games because the 'D' was so good St Lawrence never got the puck across the blueline in the 4-5 x i saw him play in person and then that great run to the Cup with him in the nets for Las Habitants.

Thanks for the memories!!

Great to hear. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

The biggest difference so far while being stuck at home is I have more time to tinker with stuff. That tinkering has not always had the desired outcomes. For example, my rock solid Orbi network was given a firmware update that ended in disaster, swearing, and anger. It has also led me to start eyeing Ubiquiti UniFi systems, educating myself on networking protocols, and identifying the best practices to blanket my house in WiFi. I also now know what an "Ethernet Backhaul" is and plan to implement it.

In addition to that, two pieces of audio gear I ordered a while back both arrived recently, and those went into service immediately. Since then I have had to force myself to do things like sleep, eat, and go to the restroom because they both sound so damned good.

No electron left behind.

10 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

The biggest difference so far while being stuck at home is I have more time to thinker with stuff. That tinkering has not always had the desired outcomes. For example, my rock solid Orbi network was given a firmware update that ended in disaster, swearing, and anger. It has also led me to start eyeing Ubiquiti UniFi systems, educating myself on networking protocols, and identifying the best practices to blanket my house in WiFi. I also now know what an "Ethernet Backhaul" is and plan to implement it.

In addition to that, two pieces of audio gear I ordered a while back both arrived recently, and those went into service immediately. Since then I have had to force myself to do things like sleep, eat, and go to the restroom because they both sound so damned good.

Ubiquiti UniFi stuff is fabulous. I’ve installed many of these networks over the years and use one at home. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

12 minutes ago, Kimo said:

How about standing in line to use the bank machine?

Have your Lysol spray with you?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Andrea Bocelli is doing a virtual concert livestreamed from the Duomo in Milan at 1PM ET on Sunday.  I can't find any details about the audio quality but this is a nice gift to music lovers for a social distancing Easter.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

1 hour ago, sphinxsix said:

Experts recommend keeping your daily rituals even while working from home.

Unfortunately this creates some additional problems for some - they have to get in and get out at the same station.. ;)

keeping-your-daily-rituals.jpg

Is that you in the foto Sphinxsix??? 😃

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

1 hour ago, sphinxsix said:

I'm much more handsome. Your type.? ;)

No not really. I think he is really dumb standing there in the bathroom pretending to be on the train with his sunglasses on while it is clearly a cloudy day. I hate that. 

Under development:

2 hours ago, RickyV said:

No not really. I think he is really dumb standing there in the bathroom pretending to be on the train with his sunglasses on while it is clearly a cloudy day. I hate that. 

That was a joke of course. The kind of joke which when I do it in person no-one gets offended, I swear :) Unfortunately I can't repeat it online.. medium limitations..

No offence, I hope :)

6 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

That was a joke of course. The kind of joke which when I do it in person no-one gets offended, I swear :) Unfortunately I can't repeat it online.. medium limitations..

No offence, I hope :)

6 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

while it is clearly a cloudy day.

No offense. I know it was a joke and I was joking too. 🙃

Under development: