IGNORED

Pandemic Listening

BTW, some discussion on COVID on the blog (not audio related). Have been in discussions yesterday for hospital contingency plans and stuff locally.

http://archimago.blogspot.com/2020/03/covid-19-few-thoughts-finding.html

I think we'll survive folks... Just be careful of the elderly and those with comorbid illnesses. Much more concerned about the economy than COVID at this point in terms of  the big picture even though there will obviously be difficulties in the next few weeks. We might need a thread on "Recession/Depression Listening" in the next few months depending on how things go.

Archimago's Musings: A "more objective" take for the Rational Audiophile.

Beyond mere fidelity, into immersion and realism.

:nomqa: R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

No, we will not all survive, and it will only be worse if we fail to understand the criticity of the situation and don't start acting responsibly now (taking measures to isolate yourself and your immediate family). You don't die of unemployment, at least not in the United States and Europe, and the economy will recover. 

Back to audio... 

2 hours ago, hopkins said:

No, we will not all survive

In fact none of us will, it's only a question of time 9_9

Believers in the theory of reincarnation have IMO an easier life, they may be convinced that after all (just like the economy) ..they will recover x-D

Have a nice day!

Its one thing discussing listening to music while in "confinement", but when it turns into a platform for people to express the view that Covid is not a serious health hazard, then it should stop.  

Obviously we all die at some point. But do you want to  dye now suffocating because you are left unattended in an overcrowded hospital, or at best taken care of but putting nurses and doctors at risk because they are shoving tubes down your throat without basic protection? 

This topic should simply be closed. 

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

My listening has come to a standstill...my wife likes the TV more...:-(

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

On 3/23/2020 at 7:23 PM, mevdinc said:

I really like this album, huge sound, it sounds very impressive at high volumes.

White African by Otis Taylor.
https://tidal.com/browse/album/3134695

oh my that’s some blues 😳. Sounds really pandemic 😷

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2