IGNORED

usb cables?

34 minutes ago, audiobomber said:

My advice is to get this one; impeccable specs, pro build quality, audiophile approved sound quality, reasonable price:

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/oyaide-neo-d-class-a-usb-20-cable/

I agree completely. I have had in my system for a couple of years and it sounds fantastic. A friend has it as well in a state of the art room and it sounds great as well. 

On 7/31/2019 at 8:38 PM, musicguy said:

its 2019.

current top performing usb cables?

musicguy

I own or have owned one Wireworld Starlight 7, one WireWorld Ultraviolet, one Supra USB, one AQ forest, one AQ Cinnamon, one AQ Coffee, one JCAT USB, one Lush USB and one Lush^2 USB as well as a bunch of generic USB cables (all 1 meter). To me the Lush^2 USB makes my audio system sound the overall best, which is my objective.

1 hour ago, lasker98 said:

Maybe I misunderstood.

1) I thought you were asking for more information on the Lush^2 usb cable. I said there was a dedicated thread and based on your reply you were unable to find it. Yet "I have read it all".  I responded with "that explains a lot" because your response gave me some insight into a lot of your posts/comments/responses. Hopefully you'll be able to take it from there.

2) What does "because I am trying to find an underlying mechanism that could cause a repeatable change in the analogue output caused by different USB cables used to transport a digital signal..." have to do with the topic of this thread? Are you intentionally try to derail this thread with off topic posts? The OP asked in his first post: "its 2019. current top performing usb cables?" How are any of your responses in this thread in any way related to that? So again, my "that explains a lot" because I have to question your ability to understand what you read. Sorry to be so blunt but you asked.

Real your neck back in sherlock, its audio not cancer research...

Another vote for Lush^2 here. (I think Phasure offer a return policy, though I doubt they get many coming back.)

Since getting it, I've had zero interest in trying any other USB cable. (I can't even bring myself to try any of the multitude of shielding configurations possible with the Lush^2.)

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

1 hour ago, lasker98 said:

because I have to question your ability to understand what you read.

Why don't you understand what I wrote is stead of being such a clever... I said I am looking for a repeatable mechanism, nothing else, in the background I am looking at USB, the interface, common layouts of the interface, various methods of generating 5V_USB on motherboards and other equipment etc. As low noise and noise control in electronics is a bit of a side hobby for me. But I write something against your beliefs and bang...

2 hours ago, marce said:

... I am trying to find an underlying mechanism that could cause a repeatable change in the analogue output caused by different USB cables used to transport a digital signal...

Maybe not here, but I think this could be the making of a very interesting thread. Something is causing the sound to change, without changing any bits. Some ideas were explored in the 'USB cracked' thread a while ago, but perhaps it's time for a revisit, and a concerted effort at understanding the underlying mechanism at play? 

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

1 hour ago, marce said:

Real your neck back in sherlock, its audio not cancer research...

Huh?

54 minutes ago, marce said:

Why don't you understand what I wrote is stead of being such a clever... I said I am looking for a repeatable mechanism, nothing else, in the background I am looking at USB, the interface, common layouts of the interface, various methods of generating 5V_USB on motherboards and other equipment etc. As low noise and noise control in electronics is a bit of a side hobby for me. But I write something against your beliefs and bang..

But what does that have to do with this topic?

Probably better to continue this through pm's if you're that interested in bickering back and forth. I'm not looking to have more of my posts deleted for being "off topic".

So   You guys have been blowing up my gmail all day.

So   If usb cables dont make a difference ,  Then why do s/pidf cables do?  its sill digital.   

I really dont care about the technology of a cable or source material..

I dont care if it made out of unicorn dust.   

I m just looking for a cable that just made your say  "WOW"

musicguy

My favorite is my Wireworld Chroma, because it is a beautiful shade of yellow and looks really snazzy, plus it came packaged so nicely that it wasn't twisted or damaged by being coiled so tightly as to affect the conductors or the connectors (which appears to have been the cause of the only failures among all of the USB cables I've owned over the years hahaha!  Most came 'free' with various devices.).  It lies so neatly from the back of my computer and over to my DAC, with its flat construction and lack of kinks. 

And did I mention the beautiful yellow jacket?  :D  Its conductor layout isn't standard, so I can't say that it is fully compliant with USB specs, so caveat emptor on that point.  Plus it cost more than my Anker cables.  Speaking of which, I've never had a failure with any of my Anker USB cables, and they come in very convenient multipacks, my last included 2-each of three different lengths.  Nicely sturdy cables, nice connectors that are well-attached.  They do have some semi-permanent kinking from the way they were packed, but it wasn't enough to cause any damage, it just doesn't look as nice if the cable isn't hidden from view.  lol 

Edited to add:  since I noted the color of my Wireworld cable, it's only fair to mention that the Anker cables are available in basic black (which I have) and in white, blue, and an attractive red.

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

7 hours ago, mansr said:

The USB 2.0 standard does not specify wire gauge for any of the conductors.

I have seen specifications for the 2 almost universally used wire gauges. Many USB cables use the thinner gauge, and you can often tell simply by looking at the thickness of the cable.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

5 minutes ago, sandyk said:

I have seen specifications for the 2 almost universally used wire gauges. Many USB cables use the thinner gauge, and you can often tell simply by looking at the thickness of the cable.

I looked up the requirements in the actual spec before replying.

6 minutes ago, mansr said:

I looked up the requirements in the actual spec before replying.

I don't give a rat's rear end what you did. :P

As I said, I have seen 2 different wire gauges quoted that are almost universally used, perhaps for wire gauge suitability and availability, and commercial reasons.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

1 hour ago, mansr said:

Why is it called an "attack" when people with real knowledge on the topic share some of their expertise?

Textbook knowledge and real life practice are very different things in this particular area.

I don't doubt that there are numerous forum members with capability of demonstrating these differences between certified USB cables of their own choosing under stri8ngent DBT conditions either.

15 minutes ago, sandyk said:

I don't give a rat's rear end what you did. :P

As I said, I have seen 2 different wire gauges quoted that are almost universally used, perhaps for wire gauge suitability and availability, and commercial reasons.

do you have a rat's rear end to give?