IGNORED

usb cables?

2 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

are you going to tell him that he too has his head up his ...  ???

I wouldn't dream of doing that. That's reserved for you.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

51 minutes ago, mansr said:

For the record, Mani was nothing but friendly when we met. It was only after I refused to bow down and lick his boots in response to whatever fluke gave rise to the infamous 9/10 that he turned nasty. Guess I should have seen it coming.

Do you realise how that statement comes across?

1 minute ago, fas42 said:

Do you realise how that statement comes across?

Yeah. Love it.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:36 PM, Arpiben said:

For sake of accuracy only:

• Low Speed USB 2.0 cables  have a max propagation delay of 18ns (USB2.0 Spec. Rev2 ch 7.1.6 p166)
  • Cable Mechanical Configuration and Material Requirements are provided in chapter 6.6 (USB20 Spec.Rev2)

Are you able to provide a link to chapter 6.6 , and does it also specify the wire gauges ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

Are you able to provide a link to chapter 6.6 , and does it also specify the wire gauges ?

https://www.usb.org/document-library/usb-20-specification

Is Google broken on your computer or perhaps your search results are being degraded by an inferior power supply... 👺

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

33 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

https://www.usb.org/document-library/usb-20-specification

Is Google broken on your computer or perhaps your search results are being degraded by an inferior power supply... 👺

I see that you are every bit as helpful and sarcastic as you usually are.

I spent quite a bit of time previously and was unable to find the exact wire specifications as previously mentioned.  USB2.0 Spec.Rev2 Ch 6.6

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

8 hours ago, mansr said:

For someone who doesn't care, you sure have a lot of opinions.

Let me tell it again. I do not care to evaluate personal abilities as others do here. Hope it is clear. I asked several very simple question, that's it. I am very much ok with variety of opinions on usb cables and anything in the world. If people do hear difference in usb cables – ok. If they don't - ok. And, I will not be hurry with evaluating such people personally.

10 hours ago, daverich4 said:

I sure hope you aren’t actually saying that once something has been published in a textbook, that’s the last word on the subject. There are any number of “well settled facts” in the past that are now known to be false.

We are talking basic electronics and physics though here,.....

14 minutes ago, marce said:

We are talking basic electronics and physics though here,.....

In the case of the subject of this thread, practice has shown there is far more to the subject than originally published in textbooks.

If USB didn't have any well documented problems with Audio, there would be no need for devices such as USB Regens either.

We need to be mindful here too, that such devices are also  designed by well qualified designers such as John Swenson etc

You aren't the only member of this forum who is capable of designing high performance  multi layer PCBs either.

33 minutes ago, marce said:

Why have a personal dig?

Because you keep quoting your undoubted expertise in this  area, neglecting that others such as John are also well aware of RF/EMI control issues in this area too.

Even between highly qualified E.E.s and S/W designers it is obvious that there are many areas of disagreement.

Only with talking to and learning from other qualified people in this area, will these niggly implementation issues with USB be fully solved, instead of being dismissed as non existent. 

Have you ever tried talking to John OTR via PM ? You may both have a great deal to learn from each other.

7 hours ago, sandyk said:

I spent quite a bit of time previously and was unable to find the exact wire specifications as previously mentioned.  USB2.0 Spec.Rev2 Ch 6.6

That's probably because there is no exact specification, only minimum requirements.

1 minute ago, mansr said:

That's probably because there is no exact specification, only minimum requirements.

It was suggested that the reference given covered this area

Can you quote those minimum requirements , as I have seen huge differences in the thickness of compliant USB 2.,0 .cables, where the thinner one  died in the arse at around 4M length with a USB memory stick plugged in, and the other worked at much longer lengths with no problems at all.  I have also seen a long USB .2.0 cable that had no shielding at all. :o

2 minutes ago, sandyk said:

It was suggested that the reference given covered this area

Can you quote those minimum requirements ,

image.png.98fb70875f94b26b3e096e4e401c67ea.png

2 minutes ago, sandyk said:

as I have seen huge differences in the thickness of compliant USB 2.,0 .cables, where the thinner one  died in the arse at around 4M length with a USB memory stick plugged in, and the other worked at much longer lengths with no problems at all.  I have also seen a long USB .2.0 cable that had no shielding at all. :o

Nobody doubts that there are cheap, non-compliant cables out there.

O.K.

That is one that I have previously seen. There is however another commonly used thicker wire gauge

3 hours ago, sandyk said:

Because you keep quoting your undoubted expertise in this  area, neglecting that others such as John are also well aware of RF/EMI control issues in this area too.

Even between highly qualified E.E.s and S/W designers it is obvious that there are many areas of disagreement.

Only with talking to and learning from other qualified people in this area, will these niggly implementation issues with USB be fully solved, instead of being dismissed as non existent. 

Have you ever tried talking to John OTR via PM ? You may both have a great deal to learn from each other.

No I do not, I post comments then you chime in.

In fact I have had enough of your crap, your the very first person I am going to put on an ignore list, your petty little digs and monotonous posts on the same thing and referencing the same names every time is pissing me off, we cant have a discussion on here without you sprouting your rubbish and having digs...

Give it a rest.

40 minutes ago, marce said:

Deleted