IGNORED

usb cables?

26 minutes ago, mansr said:

Are you implying that marce doesn't have real-life experience of electronics design?

I am not implying that either yourself or Marce don't have real life experience of electronic design in the areas that you are employed in.

Expertise in a particular area does not automatically translate to the same degree of expertise in other areas, as much as you would both like to believe that it does.

A good engineer in the consumer equipment area also uses actual listening, (often with a panel of listeners as Barrows can testify) as well as measurements before releasing a product for sale.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 minute ago, mansr said:

Ah, the old "audio is special" argument.

Then why don't you put your money where your mouth is, and resume the series of tests with Manishander, also including in those tests a comparison of his Lush USB cable with another USB certified cable of his choosing under DBT conditions !!!

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

11 hours ago, marce said:

Audio is electronics... and not very taxing electronics, there are far more complex and sensitive designs that some how can be made to work without all the tom foolery we have in audiophile myth land.... they can even use SMPS's without issues!

It's considered not very taxing electronics by a large part of the manufacturing sector, which is why sound reproduction so much of the time is somewhat mediocre: boring, grey, a world where only the best recordings are listenable to - the systems are not capable of getting out of the way, and add far too much of their own signature; they don't do the job of revealing what's on the recording, and only the recording, and trip over themselves when asked to deliver realistic volumes, and to present complex mixes of sound without fuss ... they are, what's the word now - ah, yes, incompetent ...

9 hours ago, Speedskater said:

Yes, they do!  Why would noise and interference not be relevant to very high quality audio?

Of course it is. My point is that the tests specified are nowhere near stringent enough to be meaningful to people desiring to achieve optimum SQ ... let's see, we'll plug in that crude SMPS wall wart power supply, clearly adorned with all the right markings, right next to that premium preamp - those labels guarantee there will be zero audible impact ... :P.

1 minute ago, kumakuma said:

This appears to be a lonely world that only you live on as I've never heard anyone else here ever say this.

That's because audiophiles chuck out all the recordings that "aren't good enough!" - natural selection working as it should, :).

17 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Then why don't you put your money where your mouth is, and resume the series of tests with Manishander, also including in those tests a comparison of his Lush USB cable with another USB certified cable of his choosing under DBT conditions !!!

For starters, he doesn't want to. Furthermore, I'd prefer for any future testing to take place in a less chaotic environment. Lastly, the test Mani and I did had nothing to do with cables.

2 minutes ago, mansr said:

For starters, he doesn't want to. Furthermore, I'd prefer for any future testing to take place in a less chaotic environment. Lastly, the test Mani and I did had nothing to do with cables.

Excuses, Excuses   :P

4 minutes ago, fas42 said:

That's because audiophiles chuck out all the recordings that "aren't good enough!" - natural selection working as it should, :).

You need to spend more time out in the real world.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

56 minutes ago, mansr said:

Are you implying that marce doesn't have real-life experience of electronics design?

Everything sounds the same.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

8 hours ago, marce said:

Why don't you understand what I wrote is stead of being such a clever... I said I am looking for a repeatable mechanism, nothing else, in the background I am looking at USB, the interface, common layouts of the interface, various methods of generating 5V_USB on motherboards and other equipment etc. As low noise and noise control in electronics is a bit of a side hobby for me. But I write something against your beliefs and bang...

The mechanism is in the same category as the other things I concern myself with: the USB cable is a weak link in the integrity of the playback chain, because of its physical makeup. The best solution is to remove the USB link entirely, by the design of the system; next best is engineer the linkage to the point where it becomes audibly invisible - if a decent number of people can hear the sound change when they interact with that resulting link in any manner ... then the engineering has failed.

Just now, PeterSt said:

Everything sounds the same.

Perhaps it does to some non audiophiles with entrenched view points who would never invest in the higher quality equipment needed, including the speakers ?

9 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Perhaps it does to some non audiophiles with entrenched view points who would never invest in the higher quality equipment needed, including the speakers ?

is a non audiophile somebody 85 years old with hearing loss?

6 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

You need to spend more time out in the real world.

The amusing thing is that 35 years ago I did this very thing ... I tripped over achieving convincing sound - most people have come across a rig at some point in this hobby which took their breath away; it just produced music, with zero excuses in any areas whatsoever - and this happened to me by my own efforts. I just happen to have a " I want to know what's going on!!" attitude, so I spent years trying to listen to every ambitious rig, every demo I could organise, to see where other people were at ... Nope! Essentially a 100% failure by everything out there, not even getting close most of the time.

4 minutes ago, mansr said:

Are you GUTB?

No, are you? You are perhaps even more closed minded than he is.