IGNORED

usb cables?

1 minute ago, kumakuma said:

Remind me again why this is any of your concern.

It should be quite obvious to the silent majority of readers that you and several other members won't be happy until you have totally disrupted  this thread, and forced it's premature closure.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Just now, sandyk said:

It should be quite obvious to the silent majority of readers that you and several other members won't be happy until you have totally disrupted  this thread, and forced it's premature closure.

You didn't answer my question. 

Why do you feel you have the right to boss others around?

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

2 hours ago, kumakuma said:

How do the folks saying that USB cables don't really matter much fit into your analogy and your accusations of "group think"? 

USB cables "matter" if the only ways of improving the perceived SQ that one is willing to entertain is the substitution with different ones, or aletring configurations of such - if you do this rigorously enough it's highly likely that you will "luck" on one that happens to do the right things for your system.

Personally, I see the USB connection as a area where systems seem particularly subject to weaknesses - so my solution would be to completely eliminate that as a means of transferring data.

9 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

ok, send me "a good one" and I'll try it out in my system

Okay, pm me with your address and I'll send you something.

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

8 hours ago, sandyk said:

Twist your words around all that you like, but you are well aware that the OP was not interested in seeing dismissive replies like yours.

If the "correct" answer has been decided beforehand, why bother asking the question?

42 minutes ago, mansr said:

If the "correct" answer has been decided beforehand, why bother asking the question?

The correct answer had already been decided by a large number of members, and is why the OP asked his question about whether there was a consensus on the best sounding USB 2.0 cables

The posts at the attached link from Yashn may be of interest to members other  than Mansr and a few other members.

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/24275-ac-filtering-grounding-boxes-linear-psu-and-balanced-power/page/68/#comments

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

• 3 weeks later...