IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

I have Roon running on NAS and Stylus + HQPe on streamer, that way I can use both Roon and Stylus apps without changing any settings in Euphony.

And as said before I agree Roon degrades sound quality but for casual listening and music discovery at low volume it is okay playing through HQPe.

for active listening I switch to Stylus without any effort, just activate ALSA output instead of HQPe in de Stylus app and go.

Pink Faun Streamer —>  Pink Faun DAC --> Ayre AX5 --> Paradigm S8 

v4 Beta 20221005 is out:

Changes:
- Default Roon version: 1.8 Legacy
- Roon version shown in Settings
- Enabled writing to attached disks over SMB share
- Fixed Roon - StylusEP playback
- Fixed Roon discovery of StylusEP as Squeezebox endpoint
- Fixed a problem when not all internal cards are shown
- Fixed several errors that cause error dialog to appear

15 hours ago, c-w said:

v4 Beta 20221005 is out:

Changes:
- Default Roon version: 1.8 Legacy
- Roon version shown in Settings
- Enabled writing to attached disks over SMB share
- Fixed Roon - StylusEP playback
- Fixed Roon discovery of StylusEP as Squeezebox endpoint
- Fixed a problem when not all internal cards are shown
- Fixed several errors that cause error dialog to appear

HQPe stopped working for me….

11 hours ago, flkin said:

Using Stylus alone connected to USB DAC, v4 is currently pretty stable for local and streaming files. For HQPe, local files are fine but not yet for streaming files. Here it plays only a single file then stops. For both Tidal and Qobuz. 

This is unfortunate as the HQPe in Euphony v4 sounds very good. 

23 minutes ago, dc-audiogeek said:
11 hours ago, flkin said:

Using Stylus alone connected to USB DAC, v4 is currently pretty stable for local and streaming files. For HQPe, local files are fine but not yet for streaming files. Here it plays only a single file then stops. For both Tidal and Qobuz. 

This is unfortunate as the HQPe in Euphony v4 sounds very good. 

I had the same problem when I used Stylus in combination with Roon. I could only play one file and then Roon refused to play the second file. This is fixed in the latest Beta release.

When you install this Beta release Roon 1.8 legacy is included. I contacted Zeljko because I was on Roon 2.0. Roon 1.8 legacy is ment for users who can't upgrade to 2.0 because their computer does not meet the technical requirements for Roon 2.0. So Roon will not offer you upgrades when you use 1.8 legacy. Zeljko told me he already implemented a choice between Roon 1.8 legacy and Roon 2.0 in the next upgrade.

26 minutes ago, TimF said:

Annoyingly moving from a network card direct to the etherregen has taken out my network connection. I think I now have to reinstall Euphony again. Just a heads up for anyone changing network config with V4. 

You shouldn't have to re-install.  Let Zeljko know of the change

36 minutes ago, TimF said:

Annoyingly moving from a network card direct to the etherregen has taken out my network connection. I think I now have to reinstall Euphony again. Just a heads up for anyone changing network config with V4. 

That doesn’t make sense because the regen is just seen as a switch, unrelated to anything inside the computer. Euphony shouldn’t even know you’re using a regen. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, TimF said:

If it's the first time you use a Ether regen in this way get ready for slower 100MB speeds (specially album buffering) and/or connection not recognised by Euphony. Try to connect on A-side if you are on B-side or vice versa. And if still no connection reboot Euphony (a few times possibly). As others said not necessary to re-register. You could also try with an other Ethernet cable. In the end it will work. 

(Unless you are saying 'I took out my network card' and now use MOBO ethernetport direct to the Ether regen, because - in some cases- Euphony can be liased to the network card NIC. But still without registered Network card NIC or MOBO your Euphony would be working in TRIAL mode.)

4 hours ago, Johnseye said:

The switch shouldn't matter. Euphony builds the signature off of the motherboard.

Correct. But SFP ports aren't standard on  MOBO's, so high probability that going "direct" means  that at a minimum the default port

{built in NIC} is no longer the correct port for Ethernet connection in Euphony config.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Quick question to those running Euphony on NUC's. I am migrating my old server PC to a NUC to gain some space in my rack and a bit more power for my PC. For now I am still using the NUC original case and not moving it to a dedicated fanless. Are you keeping the WIFI/Bluetooth card connected or do you disconnect it (Obviously I will use only the Ethernet port)? 

I have been using a nuc with Euphony for several years and wifi has always been very spotty at best.  Since moving to v.4 I have yet to be able to get a signal and have given up trying.   That being said, I don’t even know what “features” I am missing (per the Euphony manual) by not having the connection.  I mostly use Stylus/local files/Qobuz but on occasion Roon.

4 hours ago, al2813 said:

Quick question to those running Euphony on NUC's. I am migrating my old server PC to a NUC to gain some space in my rack and a bit more power for my PC. For now I am still using the NUC original case and not moving it to a dedicated fanless. Are you keeping the WIFI/Bluetooth card connected or do you disconnect it (Obviously I will use only the Ethernet port)? 

I disconnect it.  It’s a cleaner build without it.  Be sure to use a Optane drive with a heat sink for your operating system.  It sounds much better than SATA or usb

SB88200 cable modem,  EdgeRouterX SFP router,  2 series PFU Buffalo BS-GS2016 switches w/ SR7T LPS and Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL SFPs, Taiko NetCard, JCAT USBCard XE w/ JCAT Optimo 3 Duo LPS;  DIY Taiko Extreme w/ Taiko DC-ATX, and Nenon design Level 3 supply;  Denafrips GAIA DDC w/ Revelation Audio Prophecy Cryro Silver I2S connection to Denafrips Terminator Plus DAC;  modified Pass Labs XP22 preamp,  Pass X600.8 monoblocks,  restored and modified Sound Lab M-1 electrostats with hot rod backplates