IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

You're playing a 16/48 file, but don't have 48k DSD enabled... Make sure your DAC supports it (just try but turn down the volume).

Not sure what DAC you're using and how powerful is the PC you're running HQP on, but your SDM settings are weird. I am running DSD256 & ASDM5EC with Intel i5 NUC.

For filters, I would start with poly-sinc-ext2 or 1x: poly-sinc-gauss-long Nx: poly-sinc-gauss-hiress-lp for upsampling and ASDM7EC for modulation. If your PC is not powerful enough, you can lower it down to ASDM5EC. Set correct rate limit: 2822400 is DSD64, 5644800 is DSD128, 11289600 is DSD256 and so on... Again, depending on how powerful your PC is, try to stick with DSD256, even if you have to lower the SDM modulator to ASDM5EC.

48 minutes ago, TimF said:

Thanks v much.. my PC (very powerful) and Dac (DSD256) are fine. I'm just not clear how to get HQPlayer started. This was all fine on V3. I'm just struggling with how to use this new version 4. 

Try these two things

1) enable auto rate family and restart

2) enable DOP and restart

I have a DDC that doesn't allow native DSD over USB so the DOP option comes into play.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

9 hours ago, TimF said:

I’m up and running! Needed to run the hqplayer interface through windows to set the passwords (at least I think that’s it!) 

I tried your options Davide and my Dac wouldn’t play, no idea why… 

Thanks all, Tim 

why not to ask Euphony support?

20 hours ago, TimF said:

I’m not clear why these two settings will help me. Could you explain what they do? Thanks 

Auto rate is mostly for PCM up sampling, to insure that 44.1 rates aren't forced to a 48 k multiple and vice versa. Not sure if it applies to DSD.

It should not interfere with playback and will prevent aggravation from poor sound due to mismatched up-sampling

DoP encapsulates DSD as PCM packets that the receiver converts back to DSD. If you are using a remote endpoint DoP is used. Not needed

if your DAC supports DSD and is directly USB attached to the server vs using a DDC or remote endpoint in between

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

2 hours ago, tom_on_wheels said:

72 days since the last stable update, 19 days since the last beta.

When paying a monthly fee I think we can expect an ongoing development of the software.

I agree completely.  That said I know Euphony development team is small, but I feel like there have been a few betas out, would be nice to at least have some rough timeline for next stable release?

But there is a big but!

Euphonxy has increased the price and shortened the support.

A friend had changed his hardware and they told him after changing the hardware fingerprint :t"Please notice we allow only 1 HW change/license/ per year."

And the support does not know the SW well enough.

I think, I will not prolonge my license!"

3 hours ago, Helmut said:

But there is a big but!

Euphonxy has increased the price and shortened the support.

A friend had changed his hardware and they told him after changing the hardware fingerprint :t"Please notice we allow only 1 HW change/license/ per year."

And the support does not know the SW well enough.

I think, I will not prolonge my license!"

Wow.... only 1 hw change per year....  I'm playing around with gentoo player comparing against euphony.     Same hqplayer config on the back end.... we will see...   

On 11/16/2022 at 5:53 PM, davide256 said:

Auto rate is mostly for PCM up sampling, to insure that 44.1 rates aren't forced to a 48 k multiple and vice versa. Not sure if it applies to DSD.

To both yes.

On 11/16/2022 at 5:53 PM, davide256 said:

It should not interfere with playback and will prevent aggravation from poor sound due to mismatched up-sampling

Why would conversion between rate families affect sound?

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

23 minutes ago, davide256 said:

My experience was that up sampling 48 to a 44.1 multiple or vice versa  yielded degraded sound versus staying with a natural multiple. No  idea whether this was software or some other reason.

At least from objective point of view there's no reason for that. I've never noticed a difference.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 11/22/2022 at 5:42 AM, Gbn said:

dopo aver fatto l'ultimo aggiornamento sono finito con il kernel 5.14.2 e non mi permette più di tornare alla 5.18.0, qualcuno ha un suggerimento. Grazie

Did you reboot after the kernel change?

If that doesn’t help after each attempt, like in my case I had to reinstall from USB and update … 

Another issue appeared that I didn’t notice before…

I added a 400 track playlist in Qobuz, but the playback stops every time after 1 or 2 songs.

Disabling playing from cache doesn’t make a difference, repeat mode, random or standard playback also doesn’t make a difference. Is there a limit on the number of tracks in a playlist that I’m not aware of? Anyone else experiencing this?

PS. I also noticed that the DAC (Marantz SA KI Ruby) unlocks when the playback stops…

with playing from cache I mean the cache option in > library > miscellaneous > use cache 

4 hours ago, Smaragdhk said:

Hai riavviato dopo la modifica del kernel?

Se questo non aiuta dopo ogni tentativo, come nel mio caso ho dovuto reinstallare da USB e aggiornare... 

Thanks, I fixed it, I upgraded from the beta version that doesn't support that kernel, went back and everything was fine. thank you

On 11/23/2022 at 11:37 PM, Smaragdhk said:

Another issue appeared that I didn’t notice before…

I added a 400 track playlist in Qobuz, but the playback stops every time after 1 or 2 songs.

Disabling playing from cache doesn’t make a difference, repeat mode, random or standard playback also doesn’t make a difference. Is there a limit on the number of tracks in a playlist that I’m not aware of? Anyone else experiencing this?

PS. I also noticed that the DAC (Marantz SA KI Ruby) unlocks when the playback stops…

with playing from cache I mean the cache option in > library > miscellaneous > use cache 

solved by a simple reboot… if anyone else has an issue like that, try rebooting.