IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

Yes what did happen to LEEDH processing for A+ 3.5

Apart from a slightly vague reports of SQ improvements, not sure I’ve seen any explanation as to what’s causing the improvement I don’t I see the advantage as things stand.

For me SQ is paramount and I’m not too fussed about tinkering with library management and things like that

LEEDH would reportedly have given a big hike in SQ

48 minutes ago, stewartg said:

Yes what did happen to LEEDH processing for A+ 3.5

Apart from a slightly vague reports of SQ improvements, not sure I’ve seen any explanation as to what’s causing the improvement I don’t I see the advantage as things stand.

For me SQ is paramount and I’m not too fussed about tinkering with library management and things like that

LEEDH would reportedly have given a big hike in SQ

That as far as I recall is software volume control, correct? I don't use Audirvana's volume control, so it doesn't make a difference to me.

If you do use software volume control, I have seen some skepticism from technically savvy people regarding whether LEEDH is the be-all and end-all, or simply a good quality software volume control.

But in any case I don't know the status of LEEDH with Audirvana.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

For me, A+ 3.5 crashes nearly every time I quit the application.

Another issue is that if I go to an album by following the specific album link from a playlist, it displays each track twice.  If I go to the library album section and scroll through tons of albums to find that same album, the tracks are displayed properly.

The remote works ok.  Would be nice to be able to rate tracks from within the remote app instead of having to walk over to the Mac.  I’ve yet find a way to do that.

Do iTunes ratings (1 - 5 stars) translate to A+ 3.5?  Having to re-rate thousands of ratings is a bit overwhelming.  I place high value on curation.  I only listen to tracks I like on a CD and skip the ones I don’t.  As mentioned before, that’s one feature I enjoyed in Roon, the ability to rate tracks in the remote and the ability to easily “play favorites” from either the Mac or remote apps, with Roon skipping the unloved tracks for me.

It almost makes more sense for me to stick with iTunes for library management and ratings, and just drag specific rated tracks (or playlists) into HQPlayer, using HQP as a player only, especially if I’d have to re-rate every iTunes rated track in A+.

In my opinion, HQPlayer sounds better the A+ 3.5, as rudimentary as its library system  and GUI are.  The primary appeal of A+ 3.5 for me is a functional iPad remote, something Luxe and HQP do not have.

On 4/13/2019 at 10:43 AM, Nico said:

@damien78

3.5.1: I can't import playlists.m3u from iTunes 10.7 and I have about a hundred of them.

(on the other hand, I can export from Audirvana and reimport, that works.) THX for advice ...

Do you have already in the Audirvana library the audio files referenced in this playlist form iTunes ?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

On 4/13/2019 at 12:53 PM, Nico said:

@damien78

3.5.1 Play Queue doesn't play multiple tracks in correct order. Suppose you added some tracks from library like shown in the screenshot. Then start play at position 4 ..... unfortunately position 2 begins to play. :(

After the playing of the list is completed, a second attempt at position 4 plays only position 2 and stops.

2092365870_playqueuebug.png.aa92829bda72381889c1d440c3ed55ee.png

Do you have shuffle playback enabled?

To which audio device are you playing? (local USB DAC, or network player).

Are those tracks on a streaming service, or stored locally?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

On 4/14/2019 at 9:55 AM, Nico said:

@damien78

3.5.1: Search results cannot be sorted in track view. This was possible in 3.2 and it is very important that it is possible. Thanks.

It was not possible, they have always been sorted by search result ranking...

12 hours ago, DancingSea said:

In my opinion, HQPlayer sounds better the A+ 3.5, as rudimentary as its library system  and GUI are.  The primary appeal of A+ 3.5 for me is a functional iPad remote, something Luxe and HQP do not have.

@DancingSea

Hi I am interested in why do you think HQPlayer sounds better than A+ 3.5

I have compared HQPlayer, Audirvana (3.2 and 3.5), and Roon intensively last week.  I use HQPlayer on mac/Ubuntu, Audirvana on Mac, roon on NAS, AKG K712, NFB11.28 DAC and raspberry pi  endpoint for comparison.

I found they sound very similar if streaming through raspberry pi when they use similar digital filter.  Such as, HQPlayer poly-sinc-xtr would sound similar to Roon Linear-Precise and Audirvana Sox Preringing-73.

What makes Audirvana really stand out is using it on my Mac, with integer mode 1 and Direct mode on.  The music will become very hifi feel, dynamic and lively.  It's day-night difference.

So, may @damien78, have you done any specific sound tuning and enhancement by integer mode.  I think it is the critical factor to differentiate the sound quality of Audirvana from other software.

23 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

@damien78

hello Damien,

as already reported, there is a problem with metadata search in 3.5: some Ensembles are not displayed in Search results.

I've just added a new album in which the Ensemble is "Insula Orchestra", as you can see in the attached images "Insula Orchestra" is  listed in Ensemble and Artist but the search result is null (... but it is listed in the Ensemble filter)

This happens with other Ensembles (some of them

Thank you for this detailed report and thorough investigation.

I've fixed this for 3.5.2 I'll release later today.

12 hours ago, DancingSea said:

For me, A+ 3.5 crashes nearly every time I quit the application.

Another issue is that if I go to an album by following the specific album link from a playlist, it displays each track twice.  If I go to the library album section and scroll through tons of albums to find that same album, the tracks are displayed properly.

The remote works ok.  Would be nice to be able to rate tracks from within the remote app instead of having to walk over to the Mac.  I’ve yet find a way to do that.

Do iTunes ratings (1 - 5 stars) translate to A+ 3.5?  Having to re-rate thousands of ratings is a bit overwhelming.  I place high value on curation.  I only listen to tracks I like on a CD and skip the ones I don’t.  As mentioned before, that’s one feature I enjoyed in Roon, the ability to rate tracks in the remote and the ability to easily “play favorites” from either the Mac or remote apps, with Roon skipping the unloved tracks for me.

Other than the crash report you had sent me that showed the crash was caused by the Audio Unit plugin itself, if you have others, like the one exiting the application, can you send it to me by PM also?

Regarding iTunes rating, the issue is that iTunes is not storing it in the audio files metadata as it should be.

So you need to use the 2nd method ( sync with iTunes library) to retrieve them.

And the good news is that I've implemented this both ways: next time you click on Sync with iTunes, Audirvana will update iTunes with the ratings changed in Audirvana.

And then you'll use smart playlists, or filters with rating as criteria

5 hours ago, damien78 said:

Do you have shuffle playback enabled?

To which audio device are you playing? (local USB DAC, or network player).

Are those tracks on a streaming service, or stored locally?

No shuffle, playing to RME ADI-2 DAC, files stored locally.

This issue was already once in an older version of A+ and you fixed it after I sent to you a screen-movie.

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

5 hours ago, damien78 said:

Do you have already in the Audirvana library the audio files referenced in this playlist form iTunes ?

I am not sure if I understand your question in a correct way ....

1. The files of the exported playlist are not referenced in other playlists of AV. Nor in smart playlists.

2. The iTunes music folder is synced by the library of AV (not by using iTunes integration mode).

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

5 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

How do you like your  RME ADI-2 DAC?

Slightly off topic Sir ... Well, it's the best buy "for the money" I ever did.. Bevor I was with Mytek Stereo192 DAC :)  honestly.

6 hours ago, damien78 said:

It was not possible, they have always been sorted by search result ranking...

@damien78

I am not sure if I we talk about the same feature ....?

To clarify I made a little movie about the sort possibility in A+ 3.2.12 after search result with word "corazon". Please have a look at. This feature is very very important for my work and until now it's lost (3.5.1).

Hello Damian, I would like to use Morphit! and Goodhertz CanOpener Audio Units with Audirvana. I've installed them on my Mac, but they do not show up in Audirvana. How can I get them to work? (They worked fine with Audirvana 3.1.)

A quick update - the Morphit! and Goodhertz CanOpener Audio Units show up intermittently (maybe 20% of the time), and when they show up they work, but if I select Realtime Control, the music won't play and then the app crashes. 

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!

iMac>Eitr>Modi Multibit>G1217 Solstice (w/Noise Nuke)>HD800

22 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

Any guidance on the many DSD Modulators?

Won't make any claims regarding audible differences, but to some extent higher orders measure better than lower, and B measures better than A.  C is supposed to be identical to B7.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

12 minutes ago, Jud said:

Won't make any claims regarding audible differences, but to some extent higher orders measure better than lower, and B measures better than A.  C is supposed to be identical to B7.

Thank you,

but a more extensive description from @mansr or @damien78 would be helpful.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

48 minutes ago, matthias said:

Thank you,

but a more extensive description from @mansr or @damien78 would be helpful.

Matt

@mansr has already provided extensive measurements. Considering where the noise levels are (with many of the modulators, -120dB or lower as I recall), I don't know if he would be offering descriptions of the sound.  If I have time, I will look for his forum posts with the measurements, unless someone beats me to it.