IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

6 hours ago, odelay said:

But I may well be alone in wanting such a feature?

You're not alone in wanting a more capable remote app, and I believe that's on Damien's list. But desired features are many and developers are few 🙂, so my guess, while not pretending to speak for Damien, is that it will have to wait at least for fixing any immediate more irritating bugs people find with this new release.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I have also just installed the final version of 3.5 and must say I like the new app icon. However, it's so difficult to see in the Applications folder that I ended up installing it several times thinking I failed to install it! :)
Perhaps the dark blue could be made a bit lighter.

It's been a long time coming but you did such a great job with it and A 3.5 sounds better than ever.
Well worth the wait, well done indeed, Damien!

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

3 hours ago, Marten said:

I don’t see new albums coming into the library.

A force synchronization by clicking on the Sync button is not working as far as I can see.

I have had this problem too in the past, Marten. It is not always working, or visible,  and you always have to use the sync button after each change in iTunes to be up to date in Audirvana. So, with the new version I changed to the other, more preferred option, because now you can rescan your music network folder(s) automatically each time you start Audirvana. I am using my iTunes music network-folder, because I want to maintain iTunes as my database. One disadvantage is that your iTunes  playlists does not appear in Audirvana anymore, but you can make the same playlist in Audirvana, if you like.I would suggest you to give it a try. In my case it is working better than the sync option.

I have 3.5 installed.  It mostly works well.  I’m still unable, in either Sox or Izotope, to upsample to anything other than X2.  The other PCM settings cause an immediate crash.  DSD upsampling doesn’t cause a crash, but just a pop with no sound.  The track shows as playing, but no sound.

7 hours ago, damien78 said:

Failing in realtime, but working offline would tell you have a multichannel and try to use stereo only AU plugins.

A few stereo DACs like some models from Mytek have 4 channels for the DoP 1.1 trick even if PCM playback is possible only on the 2 first channels. In this case, switching on "Use as stereo only" enables the use of stereo AU plugins in realtime.

If this is not the case, then you may have an issue in your setup, maybe a damaged preferences file?

To delete your preferences file, open the Console application, and enter the following two commands:

defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus

defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana

I found nowhere to set "use as stereo only".  Your command returned error

imac27:~ $ defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus

imac27:~ $ defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana

2019-04-13 07:38:35.196 defaults[76138:6855787]

Domain (com.audirvana.Audirvana) not found.

Defaults have not been changed.

But you know what?  The problem is gone after the command!  Still not sure where's the problem.  But delete preferences file solved it.

7 hours ago, jos said:

I have had this problem too in the past, Marten. It is not always working, or visible,  and you always have to use the sync button after each change in iTunes to be up to date in Audirvana. So, with the new version I changed to the other, more preferred option, because now you can rescan your music network folder(s) automatically each time you start Audirvana. I am using my iTunes music network-folder, because I want to maintain iTunes as my database. One disadvantage is that your iTunes  playlists does not appear in Audirvana anymore, but you can make the same playlist in Audirvana, if you like.I would suggest you to give it a try. In my case it is working better than the sync option.

Thanks Jos, but I had too much problems with iTunes in the past. That's not my favourite program. 
Yesterday I started building a complete new database, but when I just wake up I saw an error on my screen, so that's also not the right way. I keep on searching.After a new start he gegins indexing again. I'll wait what happens now. But i my case it cost a lot of time........

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg

Hello,
I have A + 3.2.16 and would like to try 3.5. Can I keep the old version without being overwritten? If in the 3.5 are still mistakes and I want to use the 3.2 again.
Is the 3.5 different in sound to the old version, if so where are the differences?

many Greetings
Jörg

@damien78

3.5.1: I can't import playlists.m3u from iTunes 10.7 and I have about a hundred of them.

(on the other hand, I can export from Audirvana and reimport, that works.) THX for advice ...

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

11 hours ago, mevdinc said:

Perhaps the dark blue could be made a bit lighter.

or, even better... use grey(s) instead of blue(s) :)

😛

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

@damien78

3.5.1 Play Queue doesn't play multiple tracks in correct order. Suppose you added some tracks from library like shown in the screenshot. Then start play at position 4 ..... unfortunately position 2 begins to play. :(

After the playing of the list is completed, a second attempt at position 4 plays only position 2 and stops.

2092365870_playqueuebug.png.aa92829bda72381889c1d440c3ed55ee.png

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

6 hours ago, Marten said:

Thanks Jos, but I had too much problems with iTunes in the past. That's not my favourite program. 
Yesterday I started building a complete new database, but when I just wake up I saw an error on my screen, so that's also not the right way. I keep on searching.After a new start he gegins indexing again. I'll wait what happens now. But i my case it cost a lot of time........

Sorry to hear, it's time consuming indeed and difficult to advice you in this manner, but I would advise you to stick to Audirvana's way of working.

Damien, small things: if you make a playlist your can obviously rename/delete the playlist, but you can also make a folder (container) for playlists to put in, but if you want to rename/delete the folder, Audirvana is seeing it as a playlist, but in fact it isn't, just a folder. So it should be: rename /delete folder. Perhaps a better word is 'Container'. Editing a playlist and folder is a little quirky too; if you click in it all the text in it seems to disappear. I would also like to have an empty line between folders and their playlist, but that is a cosmetic choice.

First post  on here so be gentle with me,  just downloaded 3.5.1  i’ve come across what I think is  an issue I have a playlist with about 47 songs in it when I click on album mode I can only see 20 or so album cover  however if I click on track mode  I can see  and scroll down the full 47 tracks.  I’ve synchronise and re-scan  to know avail is there something i’m Missing?  

6 hours ago, Joerg D said:

Hello,
I have A + 3.2.16 and would like to try 3.5. Can I keep the old version without being overwritten? If in the 3.5 are still mistakes and I want to use the 3.2 again.
Is the 3.5 different in sound to the old version, if so where are the differences?

many Greetings
Jörg

Yes, you can keep the old one.

Most people, me too, think 3.5 sounds better. Others will have to give you particulars, I'm just happy and haven't bothered to analyze.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Integer mode working or not ?

Installed 3.5.1 (3530) yesterday, OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan.  Migrated from A+ 3.2.16.

In the previous version of A+ the "Int" text for integer mode would go green when in use.  In 3.5.1 it does not.  The "SysOpt" text does go green.  I have Exclusive Access, Integer Mode, and Direct Access all selected.  I have tried integer modes 1 and 2 with the same result.

I wonder if integer mode is not working OR just the green highlight is not working. No changes in hardware made during this process.

I checked debug info while playing a track, and it indicates HOG mode is on.  Is there anything else to check ?

35 minutes ago, airdronian said:

Adding a screenshot which seems to indicate integer mode is operating.  No green indicator.  Source is Tidal, one track MQA 24/96 and one track 16/44.1.

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 12.37.05 PM.png

IntegerModeIndicator.png

I believe the integer mode is indicated with bold white on Dark them and bold black on Light theme. So, what you have is correct i.e. integer mode is operating.

11 hours ago, Joerg D said:

Hello,

many Greetings
Jörg

Just rename the existing one to 3.2 and then install 3.5.

23 hours ago, NIckZ said:

I just upgraded to 3.5. works great.  However, the remote app on my Iphone doesn't seem to want to connect any more.  Is there an update coming for the phone app?

You probably have to re-link the app and Audirvana. When you find the computer on your app, then look at Audirvana on your mac it will have a 4 numbers code to type in the remote app.

Mac Mini server running Audirvana+

SOtM SMS-200 neo ultra w/ external clock output linked to a tX-USBhubEX 
SOtM SPS-500 powering both streamer and USB reclocker with Ghent Audio Y DC cable

Wyred4Sound DAC2DSDse w/femto clock

Audia flight FL TWO

B&W CM10S2