IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

21 hours ago, bnbayer said:

When migrating to 3.5.1 from 3.2.16, my Smart Playlists all seem to have come over correctly. My one regular (not so smart) playlist, however, is a mess. My playlists are all by album, not track, and every album in the list is missing random tracks. When I look at these albums in the library or in a Smart Playlist, all the tracks are present.

I tried checking the database integrity and rebuilding indexes, but no change.

I have tried importing the playlist again, but that function doesn't seem to work: nothing happens after I select the playlist I want to import. It just doesn't show up.

??

I should clarify that I am trying to re-import playlists from Audirvana 3.2.16 OR from 3.5.2 - iTunes is NOT involved. The messed up playlists were from the migration to 3.5

I have heard that software volume control and ReplayGain both degrade the audio quality - any opinions out there on how much they degrade it, and which of the two has the greater impact? Has anyone ever objectively measured the effect of either on the quality?

Just curious. While I want the best quality I can get, I'm also drawn to the convenience of both features. 

iMac>Eitr>Modi Multibit>G1217 Solstice (w/Noise Nuke)>HD800

1 hour ago, mvneufeld said:

I have heard that software volume control and ReplayGain both degrade the audio quality - any opinions out there on how much they degrade it, and which of the two has the greater impact? Has anyone ever objectively measured the effect of either on the quality?

Just curious. While I want the best quality I can get, I'm also drawn to the convenience of both features. 

Replay gain, I don't know. Software volume control, these days with very good ones quite possibly less than most hardware volume controls.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Thanks for the response, Jud. I honestly can't hear much, if any, difference with or without the software volume control activated, so I suppose Audirvana is using a good one. (Though maybe not Leedh - just saw your earlier comments 😉.)

iMac>Eitr>Modi Multibit>G1217 Solstice (w/Noise Nuke)>HD800

4 hours ago, mvneufeld said:

Thanks for the response, Jud. I honestly can't hear much, if any, difference with or without the software volume control activated, so I suppose Audirvana is using a good one. (Though maybe not Leedh - just saw your earlier comments 😉.)

Because of the guesses  that have arisen, this question needs to be addressed to Damien. He is the only person able to explain, which particular algorithm is used in the 3.5 version.

Damien, please answer to the respectable public, what volume control algorithm integrated into 3.5 version? 

@damien78

I have a question.

If I stream UPnP network player, will audio units effective?  I can run Fabfilter Pro-Q2 in real time mode when using USB DAC, but can't see the Fabfilter Pro-Q2 window when I stream to raspberry pi.  Not sure is the audio units is running or not.

5 hours ago, Uni said:

@damien78

I have a question.

If I stream UPnP network player, will audio units effective?  I can run Fabfilter Pro-Q2 in real time mode when using USB DAC, but can't see the Fabfilter Pro-Q2 window when I stream to raspberry pi.  Not sure is the audio units is running or not.

Realtime processing (AudioUnits and/or SW volume control) is not active while playing to UPnP.

This is something I'll investigate for a future release. But note there'll be some latency due to the inevitable buffering of network players to avoid unwanted pauses in playback.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

25 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Realtime processing (AudioUnits and/or SW volume control) is not active while playing to UPnP.

This is something I'll investigate for a future release. But note there'll be some latency due to the inevitable buffering of network players to avoid unwanted pauses in playback.

Hi Damien,

1) Repeating my DSD question.  With method one, from a folder on an external hard drive, all my DSD imports appear twice in A+ 3.5.  How can I fix this?

2) In Library, album view, my albums are not in alphabetical order.  They appear very randomly.  How can I fix that?

Thanks.

Is there a way to play a group ('Grouping') in 3.5? In version 3 you could drag the group header into the play queue - awkward on a headless Mac and impossible with the iOS remote, but at least it was possible in some circumstances.

In 3.5 I can drag the group title around, but I can't put it in the play queue - the play queue is just an icon, and you don't seem to be able to drag into it.

Could we have the Play Queue back in the left hand column, along with Library, et cetera? 

5 hours ago, damien78 said:

Thanks what about integer mode ?

7 hours ago, DancingSea said:

Hi Damien,

1) Repeating my DSD question.  With method one, from a folder on an external hard drive, all my DSD imports appear twice in A+ 3.5.  How can I fix this?

2) In Library, album view, my albums are not in alphabetical order.  They appear very randomly.  How can I fix that?

Thanks.

I'm very curious about your duplicate files.  Does the File Location field show a slightly different volume path to the file or are they exactly the same?  As previously mentioned I have several days worth of duplicate tracks - a 27 days and change Library is now 36 days and change.  Originally these were distinctive by the slightly different and false volume location.  Since the upgrade many of these same duplicates are now showing the correct path to a single file.

Library problems.

My problem with Audirvana 3.5.2 is still synching my files. i have 4 NAS drives and Audirvana synchs only about 50% of that  files. I have set the option rescan folders at each start on. In version 2.6 there was not such a problem and was very happy. I wish I had version 2.6 back. Who can help me? I don’t use iTunes and didn’t want to use it.

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Library problems.

My problem with Audirvana 3.5.2 is still synching my files. i have 4 NAS drives and Audirvana synchs only about 50% of that  files. I have set the option rescan folders at each start on. In version 2.6 there was not such a problem and was very happy. I wish I had version 2.6 back. Who can help me? I don’t use iTunes and didn’t want to use it.

Thanks to a great forum member I installed 2.6 and my problems are solved.
Don't know why Damian ignores my questions about 3.5, but for me it's ok now.

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg

@damien78

Need your help.

A + does not produce sound if you select the UPnP network player (AirPlay device) as the output.

If you select it in the Mac OS mixer, the sound is transmitted to it.

This problem is present on two different computers, at home and at work, and on all versions of A +.

Thank.1949575659_screenshot2019-04-17.thumb.png.18b5f2e6cf7f49c5ee4262018ba1cb3f.png

9 hours ago, Uni said:

Thanks what about integer mode ?

I *believe* integer mode is a Mac driver mode for a directly connected DAC. So it would not be available with streaming. Let's see if that's right.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 minute ago, Jud said:

I believe integer mode is a Mac driver mode for a directly connected DAC. So it would not be available with streaming.

Exactly, the INT indicator has a meaning only for Mac locally connected DAC.

Audio data is always sent in integer format over UPnP.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

1 hour ago, ANK said:

@damien78

Need your help.

A + does not produce sound if you select the UPnP network player (AirPlay device) as the output.

If you select it in the Mac OS mixer, the sound is transmitted to it.

This problem is present on two different computers, at home and at work, and on all versions of A +.

Thank.1949575659_screenshot2019-04-17.thumb.png.18b5f2e6cf7f49c5ee4262018ba1cb3f.png

On this screenshot, the B&W is selected as UPnP.

This not starting playback can be due to two things:

1. The macOS firewall (setup in Security & Privacy section of System Preferences) is set to forbid any incoming connection to Audirvana

2. Or a bug in the B&W UPnP media renderer implementation. At least its AirPlay implementation is correct.

52 minutes ago, damien78 said:

On this screenshot, the B&W is selected as UPnP.

This not starting playback can be due to two things:

1. The macOS firewall (setup in Security & Privacy section of System Preferences) is set to forbid any incoming connection to Audirvana

2. Or a bug in the B&W UPnP media renderer implementation. At least its AirPlay implementation is correct.

1. Firewall disabled.

2. In the home network, a Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay A8 is connected via UPnP.
The sound does not play too.

3. If you select it in the Mac OS mixer, the sound is transmitted to it.

1630865484_screenshot2019-04-1816_25_40.thumb.png.f564ea3037378a77b8d271e55de1f7b7.png

2 hours ago, damien78 said:

Audio data is always sent in integer format over UPnP.

Yes, I wondered if that was the reason my DACs are shown as 32/768 when connected locally, 24/768 when going through the streamer.  :)