IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

On 4/17/2019 at 3:19 PM, damien78 said:

It is a new algorithm I've designed myself.

Damien... after replay gain, is there also Dither applied "under the hood"?

Bug: On my 2 computers (OSX 10.11.6) AU Plugins do not work at all.

I've got quite some plugins... but not a single one is working, regardless of manufacturer or version (old or new). Not even the system AU plugins provided by Apple do work.

All is fine in A+ 3.2.16 (and has been fine all the time in all former versions).

Any ideas?

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

I have the same problem with Dirac Live AU. When switching tracks with different sampling rate Dirac Live AU crashes. Audirvana 2.6. or 3.2 is OK. I've tried different settings but the problem won't be fixed. Can you fix this problem in future releases?

Has v3.5 added the ability to browse and search by file structure, a facility that sadly has been missing to date?

if not, does anyone know why it seems to be such an elusive goal?

This feature, which I have highlighted before and others have on the A+ forum, would nicely complement the metadata-based library function. It would open A+ to enjoyable use by those with extensive collections having missing, incomplete, inconsistent or incorrect metadata, with neither the time nor energy to go through and add/correct the data on hundreds of albums, instead wanting to use all too precious time to simply listen and enjoy music.

Mac Mini - late 2012: core i5/2.5GHz/16GB/2x1TB SSDs/El Capitan, headless - Audirvana optimised, dedicated USB bus - USB Regen - Chord Dave DAC - tri-amped with Bryston amps - PMC/ATC speaker combo. (Detail in my profile.)

2 hours ago, Dandaman said:

I'm getting a fair amount of "SysOptimizer Error" which I cannot click through on my ipad.  I must return to my desktop to clear the box.  I don't know the cause.

You can try trashing is preferences:

Close Audirvana.

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System... When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there, just do a ''cmd J'' to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom... click Show Library Folder and then you'll have access to the rest forever.

Go to the Main Library Folder... PrivilegedHelperTools folder...
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (that folder install SysOptimizer)
Go to the Main Library Folder... LaunchDaemons Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (SystemOptimizer and prefs files)

Restart Mac. Restart Audirvana, it should ask to install SystemOptimizer at first track playing.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Hi there.

Just re-registered after not signing into Computer Audiophile in a long time, and noticed the site's name change etc.

My issues: After being very happy indeed with Audirvana 2.9 decided to (finally) make the upgrade to version 3.5. Sadly I have to say I'm starting to wonder if I've made a mistake. What has my extra £40 upgrade bought? To begin with I ended up with a rather large folder full of orphaned and (what the hell?!) untagged albums. None of which I had problems with for years on the previous Audirvanas or iTunes. All tagging is solid. I also deleted all my previous Audirvana prefs. etc before installing 3.5, so this is a clean install.

Secondly, I cannot get the iOS remote to work at all. I have tried deleting the app, doing a hard reboot of my iPad, reinstalling the app, and trying again. Each time I just get a spinning search wheel where it says Available Computers, and by my iMacs name. Really frustrating. I'm rather torn at this point whether to request a refund or not, or if these are known issues with 3.5?

And on a purely pedantic note, when it says syncing, it has been misspelt as 'synching'.

Hoping things get better quickly as I'm already missing 2.9.

I've downloaded 3.5, and it has opened a dialogue box saying:

Recomputing database sort keys

Please wait while the database sort keys are being recomputed...

Is this normal, and should it take a long time? It's been half an hour so far. I do have a large amount of music.

49 minutes ago, Feedbacker said:

I've downloaded 3.5, and it has opened a dialogue box saying:

Recomputing database sort keys

Please wait while the database sort keys are being recomputed...

Is this normal, and should it take a long time? It's been half an hour so far. I do have a large amount of music.

Answering my own question - yes! All sorted, and off we go! Thanks, Damien!

3 hours ago, JohnM73 said:

Secondly, I cannot get the iOS remote to work at all. I have tried deleting the app, doing a hard reboot of my iPad, reinstalling the app, and trying again

All working good here, like it was before upgrade.

Try closing your Mac.

Trash the Audirvana App from your iPad.

Restart (not just closing it) your iPad.

Re download the Remote App.

Open Your Mac and Audirvana..

Open the remote on your iPad,

it should ask for a 4 digits number to load it...

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

13 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

All working good here, like it was before upgrade.

Try closing your Mac.

Trash the Audirvana App from your iPad.

Restart (not just closing it) your iPad.

Re download the Remote App.

Open Your Mac and Audirvana..

Open the remote on your iPad,

it should ask for a 4 digits number to load it...

Thanks for those suggestions, which I tried several times. What (crossed fingers)  fixed it was resetting all security preferences in Mojave to their stock settings, go though the pairing process from scratch, then set security preferences again. Touch wood seems to have done the trick!

Still sticking with 2.9 until the seemingly random albums appearing with stripped metadata (though it’s there in all other music playback software) is fixed in 3.5.

On 4/22/2019 at 4:35 AM, Innocent Bystander said:

Has v3.5 added the ability to browse and search by file structure, a facility that sadly has been missing to date?

if not, does anyone know why it seems to be such an elusive goal?

This feature, which I have highlighted before and others have on the A+ forum, would nicely complement the metadata-based library function. It would open A+ to enjoyable use by those with extensive collections having missing, incomplete, inconsistent or incorrect metadata, with neither the time nor energy to go through and add/correct the data on hundreds of albums, instead wanting to use all too precious time to simply listen and enjoy music.

You can effectively have something like that if you use the Tracks or Albums view and have File Location as your first sorting criterion.  (If you have duplicate hi res and Redbook recordings and want those separated, use Sample Rate and Bit Depth as the next two.)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Hello, with version 3.5 (3.5.4 running High Sierra in my case), I have some album cover arts that appears, I don't really know how to say it, but "un-dithered".

Just compare those 2 albums:

image.png.8a5799e956b1757e8511a3d397babcf2.png

In this case, the artwork for Dirty Deeds is "image/jpeg (1651 x 1665) 1.7 MB" and for High Voltage: "image/jpeg (1200 x 1200) 106.9 KB"

There was no problem with Audirvana 3.2.

10 hours ago, Jud said:

You can effectively have something like that if you use the Tracks or Albums view and have File Location as your first sorting criterion.  

Thanks, Jud.

This is not an option in my version of A+ (2.6.8 - I didn’t upgrade to 3 because I have no interest in MQA, and until now I don’t recall mention of this facility in v3.x ). I wonder how well it would work where albums have bad or missing metadata.

A couple of questions:

1) Does that view start at the highest level and allow drilling down to where the albums are (e.g. if there are folders for each artist,  each containing the individual albums as folders, can it show the artist level, then when one is selected show the albums in it? 

2) Then having selected a folder containing albums, do the album folder names then appear as you had named the folders, or do they at that stage appear using the metadata album name (which might not be the same)?

If you, or anyone else reading this, has albums stored in a conventional nested folder file structure, e.g. Genre\Artist\Album name is there any chance, please, of posting screenshots of say the level showing albums, and the one above (artists in my example)?

Many thanks!

Mac Mini - late 2012: core i5/2.5GHz/16GB/2x1TB SSDs/El Capitan, headless - Audirvana optimised, dedicated USB bus - USB Regen - Chord Dave DAC - tri-amped with Bryston amps - PMC/ATC speaker combo. (Detail in my profile.)

2 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

1) Does that view start at the highest level and allow drilling down to where the albums are (e.g. if there are folders for each artist,  each containing the individual albums as folders, can it show the artist level, then when one is selected show the albums in it

It will group tracks or albums according to your indexing criteria. So if your first criterion is file location, your second is artist, your third is album, and your fourth and fifth are sample rate and bit depth, then your albums will be grouped by file location (alphanumerically) first, by artist within that file location, by album within that artist, and by sample rate and bit depth within that album.

So no need to select and then drill down levels, it’s all laid out for you in the order the albums appear when you open Audirvana’s album view.

Don’t know the answer to the rest of your questions because that’s not how I currently have my sorting criteria arranged.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Just upgraded to 3.5.4, under Mojave.  I don't see any way to access the Signal Processing section on the audio preferences page for AudioUnits. It's just not there!

The 3.2 method of using the Library menu access to compute Replay Gain appears to be gone (only present when looking at an album's metadata).  And is the sorting ability to modify artist names (i.e., removing "The" from the name) also gone?

Audio-Technica DSR5BT; Audio-Technica ATH-WP900 (balanced); FOCAL Clear (balanced); OPPO PM-3 (Double Helix Molecule 2.0 balanced cable); KEF M500; KEF Space One
OPPO HA-1; MERIDIAN Explorer2; MERIDIAN Explorer; & AUDIOQUEST Jitterbugs 
SONY NW-WM1A (Double Helix Molecule SE balanced cable for OPPO PM-3)
DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY Incline speakers & ProSub800 subwoofer
MacBook Pro Retina 15" (13,3); Audirvana Plus 3.x; & AIFF files
2 minutes ago, JML said:

Just upgraded to 3.5.4, under Mojave.  I don't see any way to access the Signal Processing section on the audio preferences page for AudioUnits. It's just not there!

The 3.2 method of using the Library menu access to compute Replay Gain appears to be gone (only present when looking at an album's metadata).  And is the sorting ability to modify artist names (i.e., removing "The" from the name) also gone?

There is some prefs in the preferences menu and other prefs in the speaker icon at the bottom right for your dac and replay gain is there too, click the arrow

There is a tag icon in the right side, click it to expand

On 4/23/2019 at 1:55 PM, JohnM73 said:

Hi there.

J

Secondly, I cannot get the iOS remote to work at all. I have tried deleting the app, doing a hard reboot of my iPad, reinstalling the app, and trying again. Each time I just get a spinning search wheel where it says Available Computers, and by my iMacs name. Really frustrating. I'm rather torn at this point whether to request a refund or not, or if these are known issues with 3.5?

And on a purely pedantic note, when it says syncing, it has been misspelt as 'synching'.

Hoping things get better quickly as I'm already missing 2.9.

When I opened the remote after the install I had to select the computer again, and it was showing twice, once for 3.2 and once for 3.5 although it didn't identify it as such.  Once I selected the new instance everything worked.  Qobuz appeared differently just as it does in the desktop app, except still no H for hi-res.