IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

Thanks. 

By any chance, in either playlist or album view, is there a “play favorites” feature?

Thats a feature I enjoy in Roon. For instance, I may anoint (heart) 8 out of 12 tracks on an album, by hitting “play favorites” it only plays those anointed tracks. 

I used that feature a lot before canceling Roon. 

13 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

Thanks. 

By any chance, in either playlist or album view, is there a “play favorites” feature?

Thats a feature I enjoy in Roon. For instance, I may anoint (heart) 8 out of 12 tracks on an album, by hitting “play favorites” it only plays those anointed tracks. 

I used that feature a lot before canceling Roon. 

Why not create a smart playlist with the criteria Album rating is...

and add another criteria or another smart playlist for Songs Rating

You can do 5 for songs rating and 5 for albums rating if you want for each star...

So like this you could play all your 1 star songs when you want friends to leave  :)

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 21.13.33.png

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Damien,

3.4.99.20 is a very nice update. 
Only updating the indexes with new and deleted albums is much slower than in the version 3.2.16

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg

14 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

For me “date added” too and “date modified”

tomorrow I’ll test beta.20 for the crash

@damien78

installed beta.20

a) ... still crashing with filters (selected one Genre then one Composer .... crash), attached the crash report

b) the smart playlists with Added Date  and Last Modified Date still do not hold settings (but they work)

c) If I click on the play button/icon of an album nothing happens, I must open the album and click the play button of the first track

d) Still not working with iZotope settings, same error as reported previously

crash beta.20.rtf

Stefano

My audio system

1 hour ago, stefano_mbp said:

@damien78

installed beta.20

a) ... still crashing with filters (selected one Genre then one Composer .... crash), attached the crash report

b) the smart playlists with Added Date  and Last Modified Date still do not hold settings (but they work)

c) If I click on the play button/icon of an album nothing happens, I must open the album and click the play button of the first track

crash beta.20.rtf 75.96 kB · 1 download

b) fixed in beta 21 I'm releasing this morning

Unfortunately I can't reproduce the others

Can you send me your library database file so it can help me reproduce this issue?

It is the file AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite located in ~/Library/Application Support/Audirvana
To access ~/Library with the Finder, you can use its Go menu while pressing the option (or alt) key. This reveals the Library command in this Go menu.

You'd probably need to use a file transfer service as it will be too large for email.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

On 4/6/2019 at 3:10 PM, Serpieri said:

@damien78 thank you for access to the Beta.  Unfortunately, I still have the issue on my primary setup in which I have several days worth of duplicate tracks.  Would it be feasible to either expand the contents of the Audio File Locatin field to include the same level displayed under the Location field under Metadata or even have this Location field available as an option?  If this was available I would be able to ideally sort by this field using the /Volumes level and quickly isolate these dupes.  

My my drive is a locally connected drive - Thunderbolt.  Taking a closer look at some of these files as I write this this additional feature would clear-up some but not all of them.  It is getting a wee bit more complicated since I re-enabled.  Check for dupe option??

As mentioned before, I make use of my Playlists as my primary source for the Play Queue.  It would be nice to clean-up the library though. 

Lastly, any possibilities of implementing some form of album mixing??  If not within the player using the remote?

Alternatively, is there a way to keep the current version of Audirvana from syncing my folders as soon as the library migration/upgrade is done?

2 hours ago, damien78 said:

b) fixed in beta 21 I'm releasing this morning

Unfortunately I can't reproduce the others

Can you send me your library database file so it can help me reproduce this issue?

It is the file AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite located in ~/Library/Application Support/Audirvana
To access ~/Library with the Finder, you can use its Go menu while pressing the option (or alt) key. This reveals the Library command in this Go menu.

You'd probably need to use a file transfer service as it will be too large for email.

@damien78

just installed beta 21

a) still uploading on Google drive (3.04GB ....) As soon synchronized I'll send you the link

b) smart playlists with Added Date and Last Modified Date can now be edited and settings are hold 

b.1) new. smart playlist using "contain" criteria work random (if I set "Intrument" "contain" "Arpa" it work and display the right results but if set "Instrument" "contain" "Clavicembalo" it do not work and 0 results are displayed)

c) the problem occurs from the main Library window, if I'm in a subset from some search option (i.e. all Elgar, Edward albums then it work in the right way

d) still not working

Stefano

My audio system

update 21:
The context menu in the albums area didn't work.
No play, play next etc.
Yesterday it was good.........very strange.

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg

Scrolling 3200 albums (38 400 songs) in Covers view still lag for me, spinning wheel.

if i upsample while music is playing, it will stutter, tic... the song while continuing playing till the covers refresh...

it always refresh when clicking a playlist or coming back to the library...

shouldn't the covers be in cache somewhere to accelerate the refreshing process instantly ?  v3.2 was fast always.

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

The Qobuz app (in the Mac version anyway, though not the mobile versions) has recently begun to use groupings in their classical listings, so that each classical work is shown, followed by the individual movements. Qobuz-Bruckner-Haitink.png.639250ff7e7cad5b4416fbe30426740d.pngThis is not yet true of every album but hopefully will be rolled out on most classical releases over time. Presumably it depends on metadata provided by the label.

This very useful feature doesn’t appear to have been enabled in 3.5 as yet, and I wonder if Damien can advise whether it’s in the works for a future beta.

Just tried 3.5 version 20 for the first time.  

Issue #1:

I get no sound if either Audio Units or Upsampling is enabled (Izotope or Sox), or any combination of the two.  If I disable both Audio Units and Upsampling, music plays.

I have quite a few Audio Unit plugins I use, though only one at a time.  Not being able to use them would be a deal breaker.

The same plugins work perfectly in 3.2, just tested it.  So does the upsampling scheme, no issue.

Issue #2

Beta 20 jumbles the track list order in my iTunes playlists.  3.2 displays them correctly.

I see that version 21 has been released, but when I go to the A+ website, version 20 remains the one that downloads.

Help would be appreciated!

14 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

Issue #1:

I get no sound if either Audio Units or Upsampling is enabled (Izotope or Sox), or any combination of the two.  If I disable both Audio Units and Upsampling, music plays.

I have quite a few Audio Unit plugins I use, though only one at a time.  Not being able to use them would be a deal breaker.

The same plugins work perfectly in 3.2, just tested it.  So does the upsampling scheme, no issue.

Issue #2

Beta 20 jumbles the track list order in my iTunes playlists.  3.2 displays them correctly.

I see that version 21 has been released, but when I go to the A+ website, version 20 remains the one that downloads.

I got upsampling to work with "x2 only" but not with "Power of 2".

Audio Units still don't work.  I primarily use Wave Arts Tube Saturator, both the free vintage and the one I paid $70 for...  but not of the Voxengo or Tokyo Dawn Audio Units work either in 3.5 beta 20.

23 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

Issue #1:

Issue #2

Check update in application menu

4 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Check update in application menu

Thanks.  Updated to the beta 21.  But same issues. 

1) Audio Units do not work.  I tried 8 of them.  Must disable Audio Units entirely to get any sound to pass through to DAC.

2) iTunes playlists are not displayed in proper order.  The same lists display fine in 3.2.

Did the sound of the last beta much louder ?

6 hours ago, DancingSea said:

Thanks.  Updated to the beta 21.  But same issues. 

1) Audio Units do not work.  I tried 8 of them.  Must disable Audio Units entirely to get any sound to pass through to DAC.

2) iTunes playlists are not displayed in proper order.  The same lists display fine in 3.2.

1. Can you send me a copy of the "Debug Info"? You can get it using the "Debug Info" command of the “General” section in the settings page.
When the "Debug Info" window is open, its contents are automatically copied in the clipboard. Then make a Paste (Cmd V) in an email or PM to paste the text of the Debug info.
This will give me more details about your setup, and especially your DAC.

2. Do you have the "sort manual playlists" option checked in the sort criteria section of the settings page?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

1 hour ago, damien78 said:

1. Can you send me a copy of the "Debug Info"? You can get it using the "Debug Info" command of the “General” section in the settings page.
When the "Debug Info" window is open, its contents are automatically copied in the clipboard. Then make a Paste (Cmd V) in an email or PM to paste the text of the Debug info.
This will give me more details about your setup, and especially your DAC.

2. Do you have the "sort manual playlists" option checked in the sort criteria section of the settings page?

Just sent the Debug Info via PM.

I had not had the "Sort Manual Playlists" option checked.  So I checked it.  Playlists are still not in the right order, but now shifted from being random to being in alphabetical order by artist.  Once again, all of this behaves normally in 3.2 using the same iTunes database.

The various sort option like by Track, Album and Artist do nothing when I click on them.  The triangle changes the direction it points, but the lists themselves remain unaffected.

I've reproduced the iTunes playlist order issue.

I'm on it.

Hello!

A + does not produce sound if you select the UPnP network player (AirPlay device) as the output.

If you select it in the Mac OS mixer, the sound is transmitted to it.

This problem is present on two different computers, at home and at work, and on all versions of A +.

Thank.