IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

18 hours ago, damien78 said:

Realtime processing (AudioUnits and/or SW volume control) is not active while playing to UPnP.

This is something I'll investigate for a future release. But note there'll be some latency due to the inevitable buffering of network players to avoid unwanted pauses in playback.

@damien78, Does it means there is no convolution possible in UPnP with Audirvana 3.5.2? Am I wrong ? I use Reverberate Core 2.0 by LiquidSonics.

Roon Rock (NUC8i3BEK), Lumin A1, Audioquest Water XLR, McIntosh C70, McIntosh MC302, McIntosh MC74 Tuner, Monsoon AC power cord, Audioquest Rocket 88, Dynaudio Focus 340 and BIS Audio EVO Powerstrip.

12 minutes ago, beajuju said:

@damien78, Does it means there is no convolution possible in UPnP with Audirvana 3.5.2? Am I wrong ? I use Reverberate Core 2.0 by LiquidSonics.

It is perfectly possible to use AudioUnits with UPnP, but only in offline mode (= setup made when playback is stopped)

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

5 minutes ago, damien78 said:

It is perfectly possible to use AudioUnits with UPnP, but only in offline mode (= setup made when playback is stopped)

@damien78, so, I can do convolution (room correction) with Audirvana 3.5.2 by UPnP with my local files, Tidal and Qobuz? Sorry, if the question look a little bit stupid but I just want to make sure I understand correctly.

Roon Rock (NUC8i3BEK), Lumin A1, Audioquest Water XLR, McIntosh C70, McIntosh MC302, McIntosh MC74 Tuner, Monsoon AC power cord, Audioquest Rocket 88, Dynaudio Focus 340 and BIS Audio EVO Powerstrip.

Something seems to be broken now. Using 3.4.99.21. I can load music folders to play in the play queue, but pressing on the play queue icon no longer allows me to see the files I have loaded. It is "stuck" on the library listing and shows my iTunes contents, but not the files I have manually loaded. Any advice? This function worked in a prior 3.4 beta.

Office desktop: iMac ((Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) (4 GHz Intel Core i7) (512GB SSD) (32GB Ram)) => USB (Kimber Kable USB Silver) => V-Link 192 USB Input => V-Link Coax Output (AQ Sidewinder) => Schiit Bifrost Multibit Coax Input => Schiit Bifrost Multibit RCA Output => Schitt Pyst => Schitt Asgard 2 => (Audioquest - Mini-3) => Audioengine HD6 (slave connected with Audioquest Type 4 cable) (Pangea AC-14 Power Cord) (IsoAcoustic L8R155 stands) => Audioquest Sidewinders => Audioengine S8 Subwoofer

First go to audirvana.com and download the release version that is already at 3.5.2 and see 😀

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

1 hour ago, beajuju said:

Yes, you can use it with uPnP; I do it with Reverberate Core as well. Just don't enable real-time control of Audio Units.

If you need to test the effect of DSP on audio you need to find another way. I use JRiver (Mac) on a Macmini locally connected to my DAC. Unfortunately  Audirvana does not allow the plugin to be by-passed  (on local playback) as it cuts the audio to the DAC if you by-pass Reverberate Core.

@damien78, it would be convenient to add selection check boxes next to the audio unit drop-down lists. This way one can enable or disable any audio unit effect without removing it from the list first. It's very inefficient to re-enable the previous audio unit and find the correct settings again.

14 hours ago, Serpieri said:

I'm very curious about your duplicate files.  Does the File Location field show a slightly different volume path to the file or are they exactly the same?  As previously mentioned I have several days worth of duplicate tracks - a 27 days and change Library is now 36 days and change.  Originally these were distinctive by the slightly different and false volume location.  Since the upgrade many of these same duplicates are now showing the correct path to a single file.

I’m unsure how to check this.  Hopefully Damien will be so kind to address the duplicate issue.  For me, every dsd album is duplicated. 

1 hour ago, macuniverse said:

Yes, you can use it with uPnP; I do it with Reverberate Core as well. Just don't enable real-time control of Audio Units.

If you need to test the effect of DSP on audio you need to find another way. I use JRiver (Mac) on a Macmini locally connected to my DAC. Unfortunately  Audirvana does not allow the plugin to be by-passed  (on local playback) as it cuts the audio to the DAC if you by-pass Reverberate Core.

@damien78, it would be convenient to add selection check boxes next to the audio unit drop-down lists. This way one can enable or disable any audio unit effect without removing it from the list first. It's very inefficient to re-enable the previous audio unit and find the correct settings again.

When I uncheck real-time control I have problem with Qobuz. For each album on Qobuz, the first track is only played from the 25th second or 35 seconds. This varies from album to album. However, there is a common denominator, no sound before the 20th second.

2 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

First go to audirvana.com and download the release version that is already at 3.5.2 and see 😀

Ok. Have 3.5.3 installed now... still no play queue window.

My prior message: Something seems to be broken now. Using 3.4.99.2 [now 3.5.3]. I can load music folders to play in the play queue, but pressing on the play queue icon no longer allows me to see the files I have loaded (the play queue list used to show up where the library listing is). It is "stuck" on the library listing and shows my iTunes contents, but not the files I have manually loaded. Any advice? This function worked in a prior 3.4 beta.

Office desktop: iMac ((Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) (4 GHz Intel Core i7) (512GB SSD) (32GB Ram)) => USB (Kimber Kable USB Silver) => V-Link 192 USB Input => V-Link Coax Output (AQ Sidewinder) => Schiit Bifrost Multibit Coax Input => Schiit Bifrost Multibit RCA Output => Schitt Pyst => Schitt Asgard 2 => (Audioquest - Mini-3) => Audioengine HD6 (slave connected with Audioquest Type 4 cable) (Pangea AC-14 Power Cord) (IsoAcoustic L8R155 stands) => Audioquest Sidewinders => Audioengine S8 Subwoofer

Returned from 3.5.2 to 2.6.9 and all my 150000 files are back again. Syncing is good in the old version. 3.5.2 has a bad syncing in my opinion. So I wait now for better versions. 

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg

My problem seems to have solved itself somehow. Will report back if it reoccurs....

Installed the latest update, DSD albums remain all duplicated, quite annoying!

I use Method 1 to monitor a folder on an external hard drive that has about 700 DSD albums.  If I delete the folder from the A+ Method 1 list, the duplicate DSD albums disappear, leaving only copy.  As soon as I re-add the DSD folder to the Method 1 monitoring list, all 700 albums are displayed twice.

Damien, any thoughts?

2 hours ago, DancingSea said:

Installed the latest update, DSD albums remain all duplicated, quite annoying!

I use Method 1 to monitor a folder on an external hard drive that has about 700 DSD albums.  If I delete the folder from the A+ Method 1 list, the duplicate DSD albums disappear, leaving only copy.  As soon as I re-add the DSD folder to the Method 1 monitoring list, all 700 albums are displayed twice.

Damien, any thoughts?

Delete all folders you have in prefs panel for music. Shut down Audirvana. Restart Mac. Restart Audirvana, it will ask for music folder if not, tell him where and see...

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

3 hours ago, DancingSea said:

I’m unsure how to check this.  Hopefully Damien will be so kind to address the duplicate issue.  For me, every dsd album is duplicated. 

Change your view from Albums to Tracks.  The Audio File Location is a field you can choose from within the Track view by right-mouse clicking - located down at the bottom of the list.  Probably best viewed by choosing View, Show Metadata where it is listed near the top AND permits you to click on the folder icon.  If found it should open the Finder window where the file is.

3 hours ago, Marten said:

Returned from 3.5.2 to 2.6.9 and all my 150000 files are back again. Syncing is good in the old version. 3.5.2 has a bad syncing in my opinion. So I wait now for better versions. 

My 38000 songs take 10 secs to start syncing, then 10 more seconds to sync and done..,

34 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Delete all folders you have in prefs panel for music. Shut down Audirvana. Restart Mac. Restart Audirvana, it will ask for music folder if not, tell him where and see...

I’m sorry, I’m not clear as to what you’re referring to as “preference pane” to delete all the folders.

2 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

I’m sorry, I’m not clear as to what you’re referring to as “preference pane” to delete all the folders.

Audirvana.... preferences in the application... you see your folders to sync, delete them...

20 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Audirvana.... preferences in the application... you see your folders to sync, delete them...

I see.  Yes, I’ve done that several times, including the restart.  The same issue persists. As long as the DSD folder is in the Method 1 sync list, all my DSD albums appear twice.  If I delete the folder from Method 1, the DSD albums are displayed correctly.

All my AIFF & ALAC iTunes albums display properly.

9 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

v3.5.3

And what has changed? Library syncing?

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg

3.5.3 has also a small fix for a rare sync crash that happened with some cue sheets

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

3.5.x (... 3?) issue: can't delete a playlist (tried: "Edit/Delete", backspace, cmd-backspace, and cmd-click to no avail)

also... can't (see how to) name a playlist whilst creating it: must rename it afterwards 😶

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

doesn't work: no contextual menus in Audirvana 3.5.3 (... on a VNC connection to my headless Mac Mini 🙄)

EDIT: but just tried in A+ 3.2.16 and contextual menus are there

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones