IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

Hi Damien,

As I told you the play option etc. didn't work in the album screen.
I just found what the problem is.
If you group the albums by Added Date it don't work.
When you stop the group adding it's ok.
So there some work to do for you:-)

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg

1) Another issue is that if I click on an album in my library, it shows the correct number of tracks for that album.  If I click on the album name in a imported itunes play list, it takes me to the album, but there are always twice as many tracks as there ought to be.  There are 2 copies of each track.  If I go to that same album in the library, and not via a play list link, the same album shows the correct number of tracks.

2)  DSD and X2 upsampling work.  If I select any other upsampling, power of 2, etc, when I play a track, A+ immediately crashes...

1 hour ago, DancingSea said:

Do Audio Units work on DSD files?  I realize there's no real time usage with DSD, but do the AU's otherwise work with DSD?

Wave Arts Tube Saturator for example is extremely CPU intensive and works up to 192kHz depending on the CPU you use.

When combining Audirvana with WATS you have two softwares which are CPU intensive, not sure if this is a good idea.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

3 minutes ago, Marten said:

How can you add a playlist to the playqueue?

Select a playlist, put it in tracks view, select all, add to play queue.

828041506_ScreenShot.thumb.jpg.64412fcf8416418ce4fbe87b713d9c9e.jpg

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

3.5 seems to be release on www.audirvana.com

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

2 minutes ago, jos said:

I guess Damien will notify us first...

Yes. We are in the process of updating the web site before announcing the release.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

The 3 buttons don't light up always... but are fonctionning...

if i click the green one to go fullscreen, the yellow one doesn't work to hide the software,

have to reclick the green button. Escape button on keyboard doesn't out of fullscreen...

1632784971_ScreenShot.jpg.5b179eb9282058e397079767faaf2384.jpg

8 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Yes. We are in the process of updating the web site before announcing the release.

Okay, thanks, one suggestion for the website: if you want to send a support message, you cannot send an attachment. That would be handy, I think. The last time, in case of my ReplayGain issue, I was missing that possibility.

@damien78 i saw that the name of Audirvana changed and we have now two differents pref files in the system... i just deleted the Audirvana Plus plist file to keep the new Audirvana plist.

Restart, it ask for my serial number and i lost all the prefs i've made, in Software and DAC settings, but all my playlists were still there. Not long to put back prefs, just to let you know  :)

24 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

The 3 buttons don't light up always... but are fonctionning...

if i click the green one to go fullscreen, the yellow one doesn't work to hide the software,

have to reclick the green button. Escape button on keyboard doesn't out of fullscreen...

1632784971_ScreenShot.jpg.5b179eb9282058e397079767faaf2384.jpg

Good work!! 🙏

9 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

@damien78 i saw that the name of Audirvana changed and we have now two differents pref files in the system... i just deleted the Audirvana Plus plist file to keep the new Audirvana plist.

Restart, it ask for my serial number and i lost all the prefs i've made, in Software and DAC settings, but all my playlists were still there. Not long to put back prefs, just to let you know  :)

Or you can simply keep both files.

They can live along. I've just kept the license data in the legacy plus preferences file so that the ones among you who want to do comparisons with 3.2 don't need to reenter their license key each time they switch.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

1 hour ago, damien78 said:

One suggestion for the web site:

Please, can you provide the manual of the latest version of Audirvana on the site?

At the moment there is the manual of 3.0 on the site only.

Thank you.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

7 hours ago, matthias said:

Wave Arts Tube Saturator for example is extremely CPU intensive and works up to 192kHz depending on the CPU you use.

When combining Audirvana with WATS you have two softwares which are CPU intensive, not sure if this is a good idea.

Matt

I haven’t noticed any ill effect from using Wave Arts Tube Saturator.  I like how it softens the sound.  Roon with HQP pushed my cpu to the max, but A+ with WATS work great. 

I’m still not clear if it works with DSD on A+

6 hours ago, mevdinc said:

@DancingSea,
I had problems with Audio Units with earlier versions of 3.5 Beta but it all works fine for me after updating my macOS to the latest Mojave 10.14.4, hope this helps.

Damien helped me.  I turned off real time adjustments and the audio units began to work. And continued to work after I turn real time back on. Go figure. 

Still not sure about dsd. 

Installed 3.5, to the new interface there are a number of questions.
The frames at the top and bottom are too wide, the program icon in the DOC is larger in size than the standard Apple program icons and causes disharmony with them in color.

The old icon is much better.

Снимок экрана 2019-04-11 в 23.46.05.png

MacMini 2018 - Lynx Hilo LT-TB (TeddyPardo PSU) - Unison Research SH - Sennheiser HD800