IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

2 hours ago, damien78 said:

3.5.3 has also a small fix for a rare sync crash that happened with some cue sheets

Thank you @damien78,

I tried 3.5.3 and all the files appeared now in the database again. So it looks good now. 

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg

this is what I found Audirvana 3..5.3 wrote in the "Comments" tag of a track (by editing its title):

"9609FE0C+192027+12+150+17033+33571+48934+68369+83979+97747+113944+132106+145639+162709+177353" 😯

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

I truly enjoy Audirvana... however I have noticed that earlier today itunes hijacked it.  Anyone else experiencing this issue?  Took me a bit of focused time to get it back to normal.  enjoy...

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

Thank you @damien78,

Audirvana 3.5.4

In the home network, on Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay A8 connected via UPNP, the sound now plays!

And on "Bowers & Wilkins A7" is played, but the first track is loaded for a very long time.

Only the tracks do not play to the end, but switch to the next one.

I am using ATC and a Focal sub with my Benchmark DAC... special cables... very impressed!

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

5 hours ago, pl_svn said:

doesn't work: no contextual menus in Audirvana 3.5.3 (... on a VNC connection to my headless Mac Mini 🙄)

EDIT: but just tried in A+ 3.2.16 and contextual menus are there

Interesting: Contextual menus ARE there in 3.5.3 - but only if you have a two-button mouse. You need an actual right click, not a Mac-style Control-click. My old Logitech cordless mouse gives me the contextual menu for editing playlists while screen-sharing from my office iMac.

5 hours ago, pl_svn said:

this is what I found Audirvana 3..5.3 wrote in the "Comments" tag of a track (by editing its title):

"9609FE0C+192027+12+150+17033+33571+48934+68369+83979+97747+113944+132106+145639+162709+177353" 😯

This comes from iTunes that stores its sound check information there. Don't ask me why

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

5 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

Aloha Damien,  

Maybe if I ask this question everyday, you’ll eventually respond 😇

Any guidance on why all my DSD albums appear twice in the library? That’s all 700+ albums. 

Thanks. 

First you need to check where are your duplicated files using the reply made yesterday by Serpieri.

Then you'll decide which copy of the audio files to keep.

20 hours ago, Serpieri said:

Change your view from Albums to Tracks.  The Audio File Location is a field you can choose from within the Track view by right-mouse clicking - located down at the bottom of the list.  Probably best viewed by choosing View, Show Metadata where it is listed near the top AND permits you to click on the folder icon.  If found it should open the Finder window where the file is.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

35 minutes ago, damien78 said:

First you need to check where are your duplicated files using the reply made yesterday by Serpieri.

Then you'll decide which copy of the audio files to keep.

Aloha,  I’ve tried this.  However, right click by any means I have does not work in A+.  Two finger tap on the track pad, and CMD-Click, the normal ways to right click on a Mac for the last 10 years or so, do not work.  

Its worth noting the DSD files have been in the same location for years and did not show up as duplicates prior to 3.5. Thanks.

1 hour ago, DancingSea said:

Aloha,  I’ve tried this.  However, right click by any means I have does not work in A+.  Two finger tap on the track pad, and CMD-Click, the normal ways to right click on a Mac for the last 10 years or so, do not work.  

Its worth noting the DSD files have been in the same location for years and did not show up as duplicates prior to 3.5. Thanks.

They do. Right click, two fingers tap, Ctrl + click on the tracks header row shows the columns selection menu

Hi @damien78, thanks for the continuos improvements to the program!

I see that we should now be able to list Qobuz favorites by Album/Author/A-Z, Date. That is very useful...

Unfortunately it doesn't work. Qobuz Favorites "Tracks" has now a drop down menu but it doesn't do anything. The menu is not present under "Albums" nor under Artists. Could you please fix it?

Also it would be extremely useful to be able to file Qobuz Favorite Albums in folders, or at least to be able to label albums with a code (e.g. color or stars). That would enable another way to filter albums (e.g. show "5 starts" albums, or show album in the "Jazz folder").

Moving from listening to CDs to streaming Qobuz hi-res I realized that is hard to chose what to listen when you have millions of available albums... a more sophisticated way of listing Qobuz favorites would make it similar to browsing a shelf full of CDs, ordered by author or music type..

thanks!

I've gone a wee bit further with my duplicate file issue which predates the current version of the software:  

Removed all volumes from the Library; restarted the application once the removal of the volumes was done; found that there was over 9 days worth of music in the Library section of the player with no volumes listed.  However, I was able to play these files;  Highlighted and deleted all these files until there were zero left; closed the application once more before opening and proceeded adding my volumes (all from the same locally connected disk).

I have done all this before and know that I will lose the contents of my playlists - these are my primary source for queuing my music so already made a recent export of them to seek to import.  Sadly, again knowing what I had already attempted in the past.  As I write this I know I still need to take more steps to confirm the volume listing in the playlist exports as several files are reported not found or an entire playlist (my true primary of over 21 days worth of music) fails completely.

i committed to being an Audirvana Library person once it was available and have no intentions of going anywhere else - fight the good fight to get things cleaned up.  At least for now I will role my library back to having those extra 9 days of music to continue to enjoy my playlists.  I will more than likely create a new folder as a new source for any new music - it has been too long, and see how this goes.

Damien, much love for you and all that you do = )

Hi Damien, thank you for the new release. It’s looking and sounding great! However, I’m having a couple of issues with the iPad remote app:

1. The first 100 or so album covers are loading in the remote app Browser view but the rest aren’t. I have a large library (4500+ albums) and I thought it would simply need a little time to show all the covers but even after leaving it overnight, I find no progress. I’ve tried deleting and adding the library again and also a fresh install, but that hasn’t worked either. This is only happening in the remote app; on the Mac, the album covers show up fine. 

2. In the remote app Browser view, the side scroller that shows the alphabet is garbled. I cannot see A B C, etc, just scrambled gibberish. 

I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the remote app but that hasn’t worked. I’m using an iPad Pro 2nd Generation and a Mac Mini 2012. This is only happening with the new version; I checked with the earlier version and the remote app still works as expected. 

5 hours ago, Orko said:

Hi Damien, thank you for the new release. It’s looking and sounding great! However, I’m having a couple of issues with the iPad remote app:

1. The first 100 or so album covers are loading in the remote app Browser view but the rest aren’t. I have a large library (4500+ albums) and I thought it would simply need a little time to show all the covers but even after leaving it overnight, I find no progress. I’ve tried deleting and adding the library again and also a fresh install, but that hasn’t worked either. This is only happening in the remote app; on the Mac, the album covers show up fine. 

2. In the remote app Browser view, the side scroller that shows the alphabet is garbled. I cannot see A B C, etc, just scrambled gibberish. 

I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the remote app but that hasn’t worked. I’m using an iPad Pro 2nd Generation and a Mac Mini 2012. This is only happening with the new version; I checked with the earlier version and the remote app still works as expected. 

@damien78

here some Remote App problems too (iPad 5gen 128GB iOS 12.2) :

1) I can see all my albums (my library is +10K albums) but loading time i very long, about 25 second for the first display then 10 seconds every two pages (having displayed 5 albums/raw they are 40 albums more or less). Going back and forth is slow too as it seems previously loaded albums are "forgotten" (maybe a too small buffer?) then they are reloaded again. Scrolling and going back and forth make the spinning ball appear on the macOS Audirvana application and mac CPU go up to 179%

This behavior is without playing anything, in Browser view and Albums view

2) it happened to me too but now I cannot reproduce it. It seemed the series of alphabet letters were displayed multiple times overlapping each other

BTW my crash problem with filters on A 3.5.4 is still there ....

Stefano

My audio system

16 hours ago, bnbayer said:

Interesting: Contextual menus ARE there in 3.5.3 - but only if you have a two-button mouse. You need an actual right click, not a Mac-style Control-click.

hope it will be fixed: as I wrote A+ 3.2.x works the way a Mac OS app should

EDIT: two fingers click works but... what if I wasn't controlling my headless Mac mini from a laptop?

15 hours ago, damien78 said:

This comes from iTunes that stores its sound check information there. Don't ask me why

files on my NAS have never, ever, seen iTunes. and only the one I edited in Audirvana has that garbage added to it

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

8 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

@damien78

2) it happened to me too but now I cannot reproduce it. It seemed the series of alphabet letters were displayed multiple times overlapping each other

Yes, that’s exactly what it looks like! For me, it’s persistent in spite of doing fresh installs of both Mac app and Remote app. 

On 4/19/2019 at 9:53 AM, damien78 said:

They do. Right click, two fingers tap, Ctrl + click on the tracks header row shows the columns selection menu

Aloha Damien (or anyone else),

I was able to figure that part out and see the audio file location.  The duplicate tracks are all in the same location, how else could it be?

I discovered 2 things:

1) My DSD files are stored in a folder called "DSD Music".  In that folder, are a variety of sub folders, going several tiers deep.  The first tier has 233 folders, of which there are sub folders below that.  If in Method 1, I add all 233 1st tier sub folders instead of just the 1 master folder, no duplicates appear in A+ 3.5.4.  Its only if I just point A+ to the one master folder that duplicates appear.  But dealing with 233 folders in Method 1 is too much for me to juggle.

2) By pointing A+ to the 233 1st tier sub folders, 200 more albums were loaded into A+ than just using the one master folder.  This makes me wonder how deep does A+ look into a folder tree?  And how can I adjust how many tiers it scans?

Thanks!

I have a master folder (Music) with artist subfolders, album subfolders below that. Another subfolder below Music is DSD, with its own artist and album subfolders.

No duplicates.  So I can't say what's causing it for you.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I've been a long term A+ user - since 1.x and have added the 2.x and 3.x upgrades.

I wanted to like the latest 3.5x but (so far) I'm not sold on it. 

I like the forward/back arrows, identification of MQA titles (so I can avoid), pinching to expand album tiles and some other nice menu/functionality improvements but......

• Now A+ sounds similar to Roon (I run native rates with no upsampling) and lacks the clarity that differentiated 3.2x. Not sure what's happened here?
  • Perhaps I'm in the minority but I find the blue background less crisp and legible than the grey/black of 3.2x. There is a reason Roon/Tidal/Spotify etc use the darker grey/black themes. I suspect Damien is trying to differentiate A+ (from other apps) but different is not always better. The larger font size for playlist option is gone too. 
  • There is less screen real estate due to having a big banner/search bar on top and play controls below - wasteful IMO. With album tile sizes set the same I get one less row of albums than 3.2x.
  • The Tidal menu selections - New/Rising/Genres etc - are now placed below Playlists. This pushes the Tidal menu off the bottom of the screen when my personal playlists are expanded. Silly IMO, since the Tidal menu is relatively short and much better to position above (as A+ 3.2, Tidal, Roon etc do). 
  • Can't click on the album playing tile and get full size cover - opens the player instead, which can be expanded but I prefer the old way.
  • And now for something really petty - wrong symbol used for forward/back tracks.

The above might seem negative, but I am an A+ fan and just want it to be the best it can be. 

Mac M1 Mini RoonServer/HQPlayer> Holo May L2 > Benchmark HPA4

Headphones: Focal Utopia(2016), Sennheiser HD600, AKG K712 Pro
Speakers: ATC SCM100ASLT (active)

I happen to be in the same camp as @tobes. 

I recently switched to Roon, the main reason being the purchase of a Bluesound Node2i (I couldn't be happier!) But, unfortunately, after the upgrade to 3.5, I no longer know how to do things in A+. And I do not want to spend too much time to figure out how to use a pencil (that is why I went for Mac many, many moons ago).

So, for me, Roon it is.

I am a streaming only user and so for me Audirvana always works well as I do not have library or metadata etc challenges.  I have used it since version 2.x and my only critique is that the software volume control is so so sensitive.  I don't know if it is my particular setup but I have to be very careful with the volume control on both the remote and the mac app.  For example my normal listening volume says -40 Db and the slider is barely off the left hand stopping point.  If I went to -30 it would be too loud.

Can any adjustments in Audrivana help me more easily and safely adjust my volume.  I go dac straight to amp with no preamp.

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available