IGNORED

Objectivists/Subjectivists

89reksal

55 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

I don't think that's the case. I was honestly trying to bridge the gap. I see nothing like that from you. I honestly believe you're the worst offender. I'm sure this will be deleted but I'll copy it anyways just for posterity.

Very sorry for your troubles.  Please place me on your ignore list, and I will do likewise.  

6 minutes ago, Sal1950 said:

People deserve better than to have their pockets picked without a tiny bit of warning

Why is it that the "objectivists" are the ones that seem more compelled to jump into threads and attempt to make their same points again and again? It's almost like some believe they're doing a public service, saving people from themselves. One in particular actually posted almost exactly that in a thread here recently when asked, saying something like he was providing "consumer protection". It implies a sense of superiority that the rest of us aren't capable of coming to our own equally valuable conclusions. Thinking about that, maybe that perceived superiority is on some level adding to the resentment against some of the more obvious objectivists.

3 hours ago, crenca said:

If your into the shooting sports, you quickly learn just how much subjectivism there is out there - pre and post internet forums.  Around things like terminal ballistics, or the best  firearm for this or that situation, there is little consensus.  It took the FBI trying to find the objective truth with standardized gel testing on the "service" pistol calibers (i.e. 9mm, 40, 45) to bring some sanity to it...

True but in the end we do fall back to measurements to learn the truth. I own Chrony chronograph to develop my loads to perform properly to the task at hand, etc. Have done some very limited gel tests for bullet performance though like audio there are others that do that type of thing professionally to use for reference. In my other main "hobby" 2 & 4 wheel performance there is little to nothing left to subjectivism. From horsepower and torque numbers to race track timing, the numbers tell it all.

It's only in the area of things like food and wine where subjective impressions rule the day, but there it's only a humans preference that's important, not a reference to something definable, like the idea of High Fidelity.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

1 hour ago, esldude said:

So if it were $2000 it's okay? Online preachers are believers too.

I'm a little reluctant to get back into the thread at all as it seems to have devolved somewhat (and I didn't even read whatever the disgraced Daudio sock puppet posted), but I very sincerely doubt CA has a wide following of evangelicals down to their last two grand.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

31 minutes ago, Sal1950 said:

In my other main "hobby" 2 & 4 wheel performance there is little to nothing left to subjectivism. From horsepower and torque numbers to race track timing, the numbers tell it all.

Yeah, no one's subjective about cars.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 hour ago, Sal1950 said:

Any yes, that means trying to make some understand how IMHO they are in danger of getting caught up in what relates very closely to a religious cult.  That's a large part of why I'll post to some of what I feel is the discussion of some of the more ridiculous claims made by the radical subjectives. There's two sides to the stories told in the fairy tales that get thrown around here as reality. People deserve better than to have their pockets picked without a tiny bit of warning.

YMMV

Sal, do you advocate an objective, science based approach, or are you just projecting and compartmentalizing?  You seem to be contradicting yourself and it's confusing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compartmentalization_(psychology)

Here is what I’m getting at.  These are all quotes by you.

My CAT Tiki lived to 20, God rest her soul.
Blessed and Joyful Easter.
God Bless the Soldiers….
Lord was with you make it out with your life.
AMEN,, Maybe just "ignore them all and let God make the decisions"
Merry Christmas and God Bless.

But you’ve also said:

Save the fairy tails for the toddlers.
As the saying goes, "you just can't fix stupid".
Save your fairy tales for the little kids and audiophools.
Still making up the rules of science to fit your imagination,

I've often been asked why my responses and attitude tend to have a decidedly "snarky" tone.  In reply I've been forced to a declare, when modern scientific knowledge and a lack of common sense fail to have any effect on the deluded and closed mind,  All that is left is ridicule.

As I've said a number of times here, when all attempts to inject true scientific paths and common sense fall on deaf ears, all that's left is ridicule the wrongheadedness.

In the end what can you do about a room full of grow men that still believe in Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy, and The Boogie Man?

But of course when the hoards of believers decend over some fact that shakes one of their closely held delusions, we're expected to shut up and not argue back too strongly. How dare we ask for supportable evidence for any ridiculous claims the believers present.

The real problem is our ears or gears of course and you might even get banned for being right.

I have said many times I'll become a believer as soon as on of them can show me controlled blind listening proof of their magic dust.   Its simple.

It really is true, you just can't fix stupid.

The most likely in cases of audiophiles deeply involved in the Gospel of lamestream high end media is that they hear exactly what they expect to hear.

Progress can only be made thru a scientific approach to investigation.

Step back from your fantasy world and get in tune with the reality of known science.  There is no Santa Claus my friend.

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

@agtp another person who just couldn't stick with a single username and had to come to CA under another name. Bye.

Yea, that seemed obvious.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)