IGNORED

Objectivists/Subjectivists

89reksal

1 hour ago, jabbr said:

Interesting, so you are suggesting that Subjectivists aren't interested in the bottom line sound output? See, that further exposes what I see as a S/O distinction that just doesn't hold up.

Jonathan, at least your conclusion of this may not be valid. Maybe you meant it the other way around ("Objectivists aren't interested in bottom line sound output") but it may not even be important. Because, in this case it is the neutralist (hey !) which states that enough is enough regardless, but the objectivist determines for him/her what that is. Btw, I agree with you that Objectivist as such is an inexistent term (said so a few days back). Next the perceived subjectivist (in neutral format) just does not care. It it only gives some decent sound.

As far as we determined so far, the objectivist isn't interested in improving sound, because it can't to begin with - regarding the objectivist. It measured all right and thus it is fine. Again he ends up with the same cheap etc. I.C. as what the subjectivist in neutral format asked for. Everybody happy.

Except for me and on my part except for you as well, because we are not the genuine objectivists. We paint all with subjective sauce just the same (we measure (self or by following specs to the letter) and we judge the ouput SQ wise too, and if it dissatisfied we probably seek the culprit and go back to the drawing board.

1 hour ago, jabbr said:

The distinction here is not S/O rather folks who want to listen to good music vs folks who want to tweak. 

I don't recognize this, unless it means Beethoven by means of the Boston Philharmonic vs Young MC and improve on the latter's reproduction by means of ferrites and much more. x-D

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

6 hours ago, mansr said:

And make Amir pay for it.

That was wonderful.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

2 hours ago, jabbr said:

The distinction here is not S/O rather folks who want to listen to good music vs folks who want to tweak. i.e. Musicophile vs Tweakophile ?

Love listening to good music, also curious about tweaks. Lots of us can be described that way. (Was your interest in ClearFog and espressobin purely musical, or also for the fun of the education?) So not a very clear distinction. (Surely part of your point that any attempt to divide us into opposed camps is wrongheaded from the get-go.)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

7 minutes ago, Jud said:

Love listening to good music, also curious about tweaks. Lots of us can be described that way. (Was your interest in ClearFog and espressobin purely musical, or also for the fun of the education?) So not a very clear distinction. (Surely part of your point that any attempt to divide us into opposed camps is wrongheaded from the get-go.)

Exactly!

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

13 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

People come to CA to have fun and increase their enjoyment of this wonderful hobby. To you that may mean interjecting every conversation with statements about putting up or shutting up. For others, this means experimenting with whatever they want and talking about it amongst friends who feel the same. 

Do you understand that not everyone cares about a rigorous scientific approach to their hobby?

I do, but I know you understand my reasoning on people also being able to hear opposing points of view and not be hoodwinked by mass histarira.

No reason for us to debate, it's your site so you will ultimately decide on how to handle things.  I hope it doesn't turn into blind censorship of the objective approach like has happened at headfi, WBF, and others dedicated to group stroking of delusional hearing.  ;)

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

10 hours ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Who said only one kind of reply is permitted?

9 hours ago, mansr said:

You, for instance.

IMO mischievous mis-characterisation on your part. The "one reply" that I have advocated, and I believe that I am totally in keeping with @The Computer Audiophile with this "one reply" policy - is for a little civility, respect, and consideration shown for others. before the avalanche of "yes buts", those terms are as interpreted and as would be enforced by @The Computer Audiophile as is "act like an adult".

If I am wrong about this I ask @The Computer Audiophile to let me know and I will immediately quit CA never to return.

I seek all opinions and try and maintain a scientific indifference to the outcome not a doctrinaire and slavish adherence to one audio faction .

Sound Minds Mind Sound

1 hour ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

If I am wrong about this I ask @The Computer Audiophile to let me know and I will immediately quit CA never to return.

Be careful what you wish for! (just kidding :))

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron