IGNORED

MQA The Truth lies Somewhere in the Middle

9 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

So, leave off with the gangster comments.

The analogy (from my completely neutral point of view) seems rather apt.

The audio industry is small.  But that makes it fun as we all know each other for the most part.  Seems like everyone is connected in some form or fashion.  I have also found this to be true with the watch industry.

1 hour ago, Shadders said:

then surely these are a basis for formulating a legal challenge to MQA ?

Which, legally speaking, is not the same thing as saying something is unlawful.

The first hurdle would be to prove the reverse-engineering (which itself might not be legal) accurately reveals the MQA contents. It is a high bar.

Just now, Lee Scoggins said:

The monolithic thinking about MQA being evil has united this place against anyone pointing out the positive aspects of MQA.

I'm still not convinced that MQA is evil.  (I just started another thread here about MQA and DRM and ask if it might be an improvement over audible digital watermarks, for example.)

I don't have the same optimistic opinion about its advocates, however.

Most people here had an either indifferent or positive opinion about MQA here when it was first announced.  One very popular software player author added MQA decoding as a feature, and people were lining up to purchase the new version.  It really took some seriously incompetent shilling to turn people against it.   Nice going.

3 minutes ago, Allan F said:

Both ridiculous and unfair! Do you expect her to monitor and be responsible for the attendees of every seminar, let alone every exhibit?

More importantly, do you want a situation where conference organizer staff police the content of the presentations and discussions?