IGNORED

Jeff Dorgay & TONEAudio Declare War on CA

1 hour ago, firedog said:

Maybe. The modern rule is: don't text or email anything you wouldn't want to be made public. You have zero control of what happens to it once you click the button. 

Yes..you are right.....However....just because you don't lock your doors doesn't mean it's "right" for somebody to go into your home. Just because your wallet fell to the ground...does not make it right for someone to take the money inside. The principal is the same. If tChris feels threatened, he should call a lawyer. Most people, I bet,  on this forum feels our President lacks "class" on how he handles conflict and issues with his coverage from the media. I'd be curious if Chris, before this incident, would knock the President if he published an email he received from a reporter who acted rude while being critical of a policy of his (without asking the reporter). I'd bet 90% here would dog the POTUS for lacking class. Again same principle. 

2 hours ago, arcman said:

Actually, I really do not care about the other stuff...I just found it unprofessional to post the emails no matter how unprofessional the sender. Maybe I'm an old fart...I'm just amazed how people can't handle conflict these days. 

As I said before, posting the emails was a way to expose a bully, shine a light on his actions, and get the unaltered truth out there. 

He literally declared war. I’m assuming he’ll make up some rumors about what happened or what I’m doing etc... Now the facts are here for everyone. It’s not a he said - he said thing. 

I have hundreds of emails from other people who hate me for whatever reason. I’d never publish them. This is different. 

3 hours ago, james45974 said:

Sensible, it has done nothing but clutter up CA with useless stuff available easily elsewhere, try Daily Audiophile.  No need for the duplication.

Daily Audiophile is great if you want the title of the article. 

We provide more, if syndicated by the publisher, and give people a place to talk about it. I don’t see the duplication. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Daily Audiophile is great if you want the title of the article. 

We provide more, if syndicated by the publisher, and give people a place to talk about it. I don’t see the duplication. 

I can understand DA as its basically a notice board with redirection to the respective website.

So if they "syndicate more" who is the intended feed for? We know its not CA, TAS, Stereophile etc.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

1 minute ago, phototristan said:

If you look at the actual RSS feed, it does NOT include the full text of the article, as most RSS feeds do not. It includes a summary and link to the source: 

http://www.feedbucket.com/?src=http://www.tonepublications.com/feed/&start=30

I think CA is a bit disingenuous with attribution for sure. 

Absolutely false. We enter the RSS feed address into our software. That’s it. 

If we were disingenuous we’d do it for other sites as well. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

56 minutes ago, arcman said:

Yes..you are right.....However....just because you don't lock your doors doesn't mean it's "right" for somebody to go into your home. Just because your wallet fell to the ground...does not make it right for someone to take the money inside. The principal is the same. If tChris feels threatened, he should call a lawyer. Most people, I bet,  on this forum feels our President lacks "class" on how he handles conflict and issues with his coverage from the media. I'd be curious if Chris, before this incident, would knock the President if he published an email he received from a reporter who acted rude while being critical of a policy of his (without asking the reporter). I'd bet 90% here would dog the POTUS for lacking class. Again same principle. 

Sorry mate, but your analogies are not even close (even though analogies are never perfect).

Try this one--you write a piece of software that does something useful for website construction. You place it on a Freeware site, and then complain when one specific person uses it.

As far as Chris' posts are concerned--War is likely to be public. Exposing one and the reasons for it is only sensible if you feel you are the wronged party.

Just now, phototristan said:

I don't, and you don't. Why do I say this? Because just take a look at the RAW RSS feed data and you will see exactly what is in their RSS feed. Hint- it's not the full article. 

I understand if you admit you don’t. But please, if you don’t understand how it works, stop suggesting your single example is the way it must work. 

2 minutes ago, phototristan said:

I don't, and you don't. Why do I say this? Because just take a look at the RAW RSS feed data and you will see exactly what is in their RSS feed. Hint- it's not the full article. 

Are you affiliated with the industry in any way? Are you an audio journalist? If so, you need to declare that up front. If not, why not introduce yourself and why this concerns you?

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I understand if you admit you don’t. But please, if you don’t understand how it works, stop suggesting your single example is the way it must work. 

Just now, christopher3393 said:

Are you affiliated with the industry in any way? Are you an audio journalist? If so, you need to declare that up front. If not, why not introduce yourself and why this concerns you?

Sometimes the truth hurts and people don't like to be actually shown the truth.