IGNORED

Jeff Dorgay & TONEAudio Declare War on CA

Its not about RSS , its about being professional.  So...lets say Chris does not want to abide by Dorgay’s wishes......then dont abide and go on. Just because Dorgay acted like a jerk does not mean Chris needs to post the emails. Big boys who run businesses have gotten get threats, mean spirited emails etc.  just like in this article, 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/apr/19/garbage-pat-pope-photography-you-sold-17-million-albums-and-you-want-to-pay-me-nothing

the photographer griping that the band asked to use the photos for free.  Dont gripe, just say no. No need for all the hoopla.  I get people wanting to use my photographs for free all the time....just tell them no, give them a price and move on. 

This is about RSS and it’s about holding people accountable. I don’t give anyone a free pass and leave the door open to treat me or others this way again. 

It’s also about the truth. With the full contents of the email public, no lies can be made up about what was said in this “war.”

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I've been a reader of CA and TONE for many years. I know Jeff on a personal level and find him to be a friendly, down to earth guy, not a show off at all. I don't know Chris on a personal level, only say Hi and chat briefly at trade shows. Chris has always been friendly and nice to me. I don't know the relationship between Chris and Jeff.

I am also a content creator (YouTube) and I have to side with Jeff on this one. If someone embeds my videos on their website and use as content, I would be upset. Can they legally do it, yes but that doesn't mean it's ok with me. 

Think of this everyone... if someone walks up to you in public and takes a picture of you and what ever you're doing. Share that picture on a public website as content. Can this person legally do it? Yes, because you are in a public area. How would you feel about that?

Chris, why is it so important to you to include Jeff's content in your RSS reader? If Jeff doesn't want to be on your site then take it down. There are plenty of content on the web. You and Jeff are in the same business and at times work with the same manufacturers. You two will one day run into each other. Why does it have to get ugly with one another? The audio (hi-fi) hobby should be fun, drama is not fun and unnecessary. 

~Mike

13 minutes ago, HiFiInsider said:

You and Jeff are in the same business and at times work with the same manufacturers. You two will one day run into each other.

We were in Denmark together in October visiting Dynaudio. Thus my “I’m speechless” comment. 

13 minutes ago, HiFiInsider said:

Why does it have to get ugly with one another?

That’s a question for him. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just now, HiFiInsider said:

Chris, you didn’t answer this question. 

why is it so important to you to include Jeff's content in your RSS reader? 

I disagree with the premise of your question. 

I’m offering a solution to a problem. I want to offer the best solution possible. The more feeds with decent content the better. 

8 minutes ago, HiFiInsider said:

Chris, you didn’t answer this question. 

why is it so important to you to include Jeff's content in your RSS reader? 

Because he wants to aggregate Audiophile content in one place - his place, so that he drives eyeballs to his service (he of course $benefits$). Because he likes the color purple.  

The more interesting question is why are your scratching Jeff's back?  

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

8 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Our service is 100% legal and far better than what Flipboard is doing to you. If you get your RSS feeds fixed to be inline with almost every other site on the internet then everyone wins. 

Chris

Jeff's reply

On Sun, Jul 15, 2018 at 7:33 PM JeffD <Jeff@ .com> wrote:

Except Stereophile TAS and all the others aren’t publishing our feed.  You’re the only one doing it and we both know it’s a dick move

Consider the war on

To state the obvious something doesn't reconcile here in Jeff D's logic. You have to assume he knows how RSS works and even if he didn't Chris explained it to him. So why not fix it from his end. That much has already been covered.

The odd part for me is that JD states "Except Stereophile TAS and all the others aren’t publishing our feed" as if to imply, so why do you. Also Chris mentioned a phone call from Darko about altering RSS feeds in some way which was settled amicably. What's to settle, you publish the RSS, people subscribe? So, is JD hinting at some kind of 'understanding'  between industry members about subscribing to each others RSS feeds or something ?

Sound Minds Mind Sound

I don't know anything about RSS or the regulations that ought to protect the distributed material and then not. Maybe like GUTB said this guy Dorgay just had a mental meltdown. Anyway his letters to Chris was totally out of line and he should apologias. I think that even if one has the right on his/her side sometimes not feeding the fire instantly with more fuel is the best for everyone in the long run.    

4 hours ago, bibo01 said:

If I were in Chris' position, I would abide to remove the link to TONEAudio site, when he removes his RSS subscription.

Sensible, it has done nothing but clutter up CA with useless stuff available easily elsewhere, try Daily Audiophile.  No need for the duplication.

Jim

Actually, I really do not care about the other stuff...I just found it unprofessional to post the emails no matter how unprofessional the sender. Maybe I'm an old fart...I'm just amazed how people can't handle conflict these days. 

3 minutes ago, arcman said:

Actually, I really do not care about the other stuff...I just found it unprofessional to post the emails no matter how unprofessional the sender. Maybe I'm an old fart...I'm just amazed how people can't handle conflict these days. 

Maybe. The modern rule is: don't text or email anything you wouldn't want to be made public. You have zero control of what happens to it once you click the button. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

It's a very simple thing for anyone who is reading this to install a feed reader and see how they work.  It would really help you to see what this is all about.

Plus you get a free subscription to all the content in Tone Audio!  ? 

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 hour ago, james45974 said:

Sensible, it has done nothing but clutter up CA with useless stuff available easily elsewhere, try Daily Audiophile.  No need for the duplication.

I put the whole thread on ignore. No clutter. I scroll thru it once a week to see if there is something I want to read. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)