IGNORED

Jeff Dorgay & TONEAudio Declare War on CA

6 minutes ago, phototristan said:

I don't, and you don't. Why do I say this? Because just take a look at the RAW RSS feed data and you will see exactly what is in their RSS feed. Hint- it's not the full article. 

I think you may be wrong because the TONEAudio rss feed I just pulled in to my InoReader account gets the same length articles as CA.

Did you try anything other than feedbucket before making your statement?

David

MacMini, Mytek Manhattan I DAC, Avantone The Abbey Monitors, Roon

7 minutes ago, church_mouse said:

I think you may be wrong because the TONEAudio rss feed I just pulled in to my InoReader account gets the same length articles as CA.

And here's Feedly showing a full article wherein he brags about his BMWs (plural):

image.thumb.png.c67bffdacf2a1e4ea8882c8c80384328.png

5 minutes ago, church_mouse said:

You need to look at the actual RAW RSS data. Some RSS readers will essentially click on the included link in the feed to bring up the entire article. This does not mean the entire article is in the RSS feed. 

2 minutes ago, mansr said:

And here's Feedly showing a full article:

image.thumb.png.c67bffdacf2a1e4ea8882c8c80384328.png

Bragging about his BMWs (plural).

You need to look at the actual RAW RSS data. Some RSS readers will essentially click on the included link in the feed to bring up the entire article. This does not mean the entire article is in the RSS feed.  Plus, that's not even the same article. 

@The Computer Audiophile  What is Jeff's concern?  That his site isn't getting the traffic and page reads and maybe not getting money for possible "clicks"?  I'm confused as to why this is even an issue in the first place especially if he actually can control what is seen.  

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

2 minutes ago, phototristan said:

You need to look at the actual RAW RSS data. Some RSS readers will essentially click on the included link in the feed to bring up the entire article. This does not mean the entire article is in the RSS feed. 

And if ToneAudio knew what they were doing (technical competence) they could fix that... 

Also all the linkages are there at the bottom of the articles.

59 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Something to do with hits on competitors websites?

Yes, except the problem is that the way Tone Audio's RSS is configured, for anyone with a feed reader or web browser with feed reader capabilities, they are taking away hits from *their own* website. They can solve that problem for themselves *and for everyone else, including Chris*, with one click in the WordPress settings!

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Keep digging Tristan.

It isn't clickbait if it's true. 

You're discrediting someone with your comments, but it isn't me. 

You stated in one of your replies to Jeff that you actually prefer to just post a summary of articles. If that is the case, why did you not just edit it to be a summary?  Boom - problem solved. 

9 minutes ago, phototristan said:

You chose to create this thread and go public with it, you also chose the title, clickbait. 

And....? 

The beauty of this is that Chris is benefiting from this and not ToneAudio from a search engine perspective. When some idiot that doesn't understand RSS feeds and how it affects distributing their content, then get all butt hurt over it and writing a nasty email.

Why WOULD Chris just crush that ball out of the park? I know I would.

ToneAudio has handed this to Chris on a golden platter. And what you're doing is helping Chris. 

1 minute ago, phototristan said:

You stated in one of your replies to Jeff that you actually prefer to just post a summary of articles. If that is the case, why did you not just edit it to be a summary?  Boom - problem solved. 

Again, you don't understand how RSS works. I have no control over what is syndicated to CA. I can only accept the feed as it is. 

Keep digging. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png