IGNORED

Iso regen

On 4/4/2017 at 2:21 PM, Al Jones said:

Having determined that no cable really is the best cable, my plan is to run microrendu and Iso Rendu from separate LPS-1's with no DC power cables, just a couple of DC male double adapter plugs.

Al J.

So which solid connector contributes the most, power or signal, if only one can be accomidated ? 

rogerdn

18 hours ago, Al Jones said:

Alex,

In the twisted version, wIll the B plug be turned 90 degrees to the left or to the right?

When looking into the B connector, it will be rotated 90 degrees. Think of it this way, you are looking into the B plug, for the normal version the beveled edges are pointing UP. For the rotated version, everything else stays the same, except the B plug which is rotated 90 degrees clock-wise. The beveled edges will point to the right.

John S.

10 hours ago, rogerdn said:

So which solid connector contributes the most, power or signal, if only one can be accomidated ? 

Good question, but hopefully irrelevant, if  2 double plugs and 2 USPCB can be made to fit.

I won't know which connector contributes most until the USPCB actually arrives.

Al J.

Modem/router + Keces DC-116 12V LPS - SGC Sonic Transporter + Sonore 12V LPS/Edwards Audio ISO-1 mains isolation transformer - Meicord Opal LAN cables - Aqvox Switch + Sbooster 9V LPS/Uptone LPS-1 - Etalon Isolator - Sonore Signature Rendu Special Edition + Mad Scientist Heretical USB data-only cable - Sonore Ultradigital + Uptone LPS-1 - PS Audio I2S-12 cable - HQ Player - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC -  iPeng on iPad 2 - MK Sound 300 monitors - Mad Audio Scientist Tungsten Carbide footers - Niels Larsen NLE speaker cables - Walker Audio Reference Plus HIGH Definition Links - 2 MK Sound MX350 subs - Shakti Stones - Herbie's Super Sonic Stabilizers - Herbie's Tenderfeet - Stillpoints ERS EMI/RFI sheets - Gutwire Ultimate Ground + Entreq Minimus + Silver Minimus grounding boxes - Symposium Rollerblocks - Symposium Ultra platform - Akiko Tuning Sticks

6 hours ago, JohnSwenson said:

When looking into the B connector, it will be rotated 90 degrees. Think of it this way, you are looking into the B plug, for the normal version the beveled edges are pointing UP. For the rotated version, everything else stays the same, except the B plug which is rotated 90 degrees clock-wise. The beveled edges will point to the right.

John S.

@Superdad would this rotated USPCB fit the SU-1 and the HDMI cable?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

32 minutes ago, Al Jones said:

Good question, but hopefully irrelevant, if  2 double plugs and 2 USPCB can be made to fit.

I won't know which connector contributes most until the USPCB actually arrives.

I'd appreciate your thinking after you get it, I probably can't do both.

rogerdn

15 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Indeed it will!  I was wishing for a 90-degree USPCB when I was hooking up my SU-1>Holo Spring. B|

Awesome!! Add this to my Iso Regen order!

BTW, I should be getting my LPS-1 Monday.  Thank you for the fast shipment!

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

2 hours ago, tboooe said:

@Superdad would this rotated USPCB fit the SU-1 and the HDMI cable?

@tboooe here is a pic of my Regen connected to my SU-1 w/HDMI cable using a 90 degree connector. Mine fits nicely. Can't wait to get the iso-Regen + USPCB!

IMG_4386.thumb.JPG.c76b02b06d1a5acfa6684051688b9d17.JPG

Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH Roon Server running Audio Linux in RAM -> Sonore UltraRendu (Roon Endpoint) -> Uptone ISO Regen -> Singxer SU-1 KTE -> Holo Audio Spring Level 3 DAC -> Nord One UP Monoblocks -> Spendor LS3/5as | Music controlled via iPad (Power Conditioning: Audience adeptResponse aR12).  Twitter: @hirezaudio

@gsquared nice!  BTW, which Wireworld HDMI is that?  I just got the Ultraviolet and it sounds awesome!

Other components:

1 minute ago, tboooe said:

@gsquared nice!  BTW, which Wireworld HDMI is that?  I just got the Ultraviolet and it sounds awesome!

Mine is the Starlight 5.2. I bought it from Kitsune Hifi along with the Holo Spring + SU-1. The combo sounds fantastic! I am, however, still getting some nasty pops during sample rate changes - the solution remains a mystery.

Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH Roon Server running Audio Linux in RAM -> Sonore UltraRendu (Roon Endpoint) -> Uptone ISO Regen -> Singxer SU-1 KTE -> Holo Audio Spring Level 3 DAC -> Nord One UP Monoblocks -> Spendor LS3/5as | Music controlled via iPad (Power Conditioning: Audience adeptResponse aR12).  Twitter: @hirezaudio

31 minutes ago, gsquared said:

Mine is the Starlight 5.2. I bought it from Kitsune Hifi along with the Holo Spring + SU-1. The combo sounds fantastic! I am, however, still getting some nasty pops during sample rate changes - the solution remains a mystery.

OK I am going to audition the Silver Starlight and see how it compares to my Ultraviolet.  My wallet hopes that I cant hear a difference.

Other components:

The other day, I went back to my original setup before I got into computer audio. Tube cd player into preamp-->amp. This was awesome sound, I loved it back then. That was then.....

Now, it sounded downright lame since coming from the Regen/LPS-1, full loom of Regen-Links and the IFI Micro-link USB-Spdif converter.

To be fair, I put in a very well recorded cd and listened to the whole thing. By the third song I started to get used to the sound but it never got much better.

Went back to listening to WAV, FLAC and even 320kbps files. The sound is like 'HD' in comparison. I really couldn't believe it. Even Spotify for crying out loud sounded better.

Using Uptone's products in addition to using EQ in the digital realm has really been a game changer. I don't miss vinyl at all. Not at all. (Well, maybe a little.....nostalgia, ya know.):)

Now if this ISO Regen is even better I may never leave the house.:D

11 minutes ago, SWL3600 said:

The other day, I went back to my original setup before I got into computer audio. Tube cd player into preamp-->amp. This was awesome sound, I loved it back then. That was then.....

Now, it sounded downright lame since coming from the Regen/LPS-1, full loom of Regen-Links and the IFI Micro-link USB-Spdif converter.

To be fair, I put in a very well recorded cd and listened to the whole thing. By the third song I started to get used to the sound but it never got much better.

Went back to listening to WAV, FLAC and even 320kbps files. The sound is like 'HD' in comparison. I really couldn't believe it. Even Spotify for crying out loud sounded better.

Using Uptone's products in addition to using EQ in the digital realm has really been a game changer. I don't miss vinyl at all. Not at all. (Well, maybe a little.....nostalgia, ya know.):)

:D

ER + PH DR7T - TAIKO Server + PH DR7T ( HQPOs + ROON ) JCAT XE USB - Lampizator Baltic 4 - D-Athena preamp - K- EX-M7 amp - PMC Twenty5 26

In my setup, I need to use a USB cable to connect my pc to my soon to be purchase IsoRegen.  I will be using the USPCB to connect the IsoRegen to my SU-1.  My question is, will adding the USPCB to the end my USB cable from the PC improve things?  (I understand I will need to get another adapter to go from USB B female to USB A female).  

Other components:

13 hours ago, SWL3600 said:

Interesting! What digital EQ you are using? 

Yes I have also used the DEQ2496 for a while between source and dac. Now I'm using a bit of digital EQ induced with Minimserver ffmpeg transcoding. So no extra boxes in the Nas-lps-1-microrendu chain. But dsp is getting more popular these days. Keeping my eyes open :-)

Is it still true? 12 days after Star wars day??  
Yes. Boards and cases are in production now. We'll be making price and shipping date announcements in the next 10 days. And shipments of the first 250 units will take place by May 16th. wink.gif

Hope it's going great. 

Can you let Jud and imitche leak a few more insights ?

3 hours ago, Middy said:

Is it still true? 12 days after Star wars day??  
Yes. Boards and cases are in production now. We'll be making price and shipping date announcements in the next 10 days. And shipments of the first 250 units will take place by May 16th. wink.gif

Hope it's going great. 

Can you let Jud and imitche leak a few more insights ?

Where did this information come from?  If this is a quote from Alex, when did he say this?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

1 hour ago, rickca said:

Where did this information come from?  If this is a quote from Alex, when did he say this?

As much as I wish it's from bugging his new living room.. as I sneek off with the first production model.

Just stalking posts on headfi.?

I do love the creative thinking side of new designs. I hope it was ok to cross post..

http://www.head-fi.org/t/762967/uptone-audio-usb-regen/1100_10

last post..in the Regen forum

cheers

Dave

@Middy thanks for the link to that head-fi thread.  That May 16 ship date was news to me. 

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's