IGNORED

Iso regen

9 hours ago, Superdad said:

i do encourage everyone to get the handy Drok USB VBUS meter for checking devices: https://www.amazon.com/DROK-Digital-Multimeter-Voltmeter-Capacitance/dp/B00J3JSEG6/

(I like the LED version for $10.47; I use it all the time.)

Looks familiar... ;)

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

1 hour ago, tboooe said:

I would respectfully disagree with the maker of the IsoRegen about this target market :) .  I think the IsoRegen is targeted at anyone wanting better sound from the USB output of any device (microrendu, PC, etc). 

You are quite right Tommy.  I guess I was thinking of "specific target market" and an already isolated combo such as the microRendu or SMS-200 powered by an LPS-1.  Such folks will certainly benefit from the ISO REGEN too (because of the significant other enhancements made), but that is not where we expect the bulk of our sales to be.  

We think ISO REGEN will be much more of a "WOW" for those feeding it from average USB ports from typical laptop and desktop computers.  I guess the polite way of saying that I really don't care what sort of "computer" users feed into the ISO REGEN would be to just say "The more the merrier!"  9_9

... and don't forget offering also one of your great custom Oyaide DC cables in 30cm lenght ;)

:P

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

2 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Y?  Does Amazon not deliver where you are?

It would just confuse people.  I'd get piles of e-mail asking what they are supposed to do with such a cord.  The ISO REGEN is a USB device.  The power choices are manifold.

P.S.  We will have a nice surprise for everyone. It will be revealed when the ISO REGEN web page is up and I start a new thread with everything announced.   Hint: Something a lot of folks want will be coming "free" with every ISO REGEN!

Great news! LPS-1 will be free! hahahaha! :D Just joking.

I still can't help posting this.

imageproxy.thumb.jpg.91fde2613d3c82b403952b18ef1eb875.jpg

Software: Roon, Tidal, HQplayer 

HQplayer PC: i9 7980XE, Titan Xp, RTX 3090; i9 9900K, Titan V

DAC: Holo Audio MAY L2, T+A DAC8 DSD, exasound e12, iFi micro iDSD BL

USB tweaks: Intona, Uptone (ISO) regen, LPS-1, LPS-1.2, Sbooster Vbus2, Curious cables, SUPRA Certified HiSpeed USB cable

NAA: Logic CL100 powered by Uptone JS-2

AMP: Spectral DMC 30SV, Spectral DMA 300RS

Speaker: Magico S3 MKII

Rack: HRS SXR signature

Hi Alex & John @JohnSwenson @Superdad

Just on a Y-cable for the LPS-1 to power 2 devices (like LANRover and ISO REGEN or mRendu and ISO REGEN etc etc...)...

Is it significantly less important for this cable to be shielded than say cables that carry data (like USB cable / adapter)?

So are you more inclined to recommend shielded USB cables to use with the ISO REGEN than worry about shielded power cables with the LPS-1?

The reason I ask, is it's not easy to find a cheap shielded Y cable...

Or even a cheap hard Y-adapter (since I already have two shielded DC cables, that came with my LPS-1's)....

I don't want to spend too much money on this but do like the idea of cheap shielded power cables! Like the one you include with the LPS-1.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Superdad said:

P.S.  We will have a nice surprise for everyone. It will be revealed when the ISO REGEN web page is up and I start a new thread with everything announced.   Hint: Something a lot of folks want will be coming "free" with every ISO REGEN!

Alex, enough already! :)

You've taken teasing and delayed gratification to a Tantric level. People are now having wet dreams about the ISO Regen!

3 hours ago, Superdad said:

Y?  Does Amazon not deliver where you are?

It would just confuse people.  I'd get piles of e-mail asking what they are supposed to do with such a cord.  The ISO REGEN is a USB device.  The power choices are manifold.

Not every DC cables are the same.  You have offered Oyaide DC cable before. Why don't do the same for Y cable. It is way to help your loyal customers like me buying LPS-1 and Regen. I never say it will be free.

I just got this email from a knowledgeable cable manufacturer, asking about having a custom shielded Y-cable made for me (ie asking them to take my money!):

"A shield would be of no use anyway here, as there is no separate connection for a shield to drain away any interference. Connecting it to power ground would defeat the point of the exercise, as any noise would then be sent to ground of the power line. You are best off using a non-shielded adaptor cable from ebay"

Your going to want the shortest DC cable possible (Makes a noticeable difference in my system).  Best to make your own.  A barrel adaptor is best but obviously won't work for tight spots or Y connections.   

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

3 hours ago, Em2016 said:

I just got this email from a knowledgeable cable manufacturer, asking about having a custom shielded Y-cable made for me (ie asking them to take my money!):

"A shield would be of no use anyway here, as there is no separate connection for a shield to drain away any interference. Connecting it to power ground would defeat the point of the exercise, as any noise would then be sent to ground of the power line. You are best off using a non-shielded adaptor cable from ebay"

Good to know!!

I am using this Y cable (4.40$) to feed my RuR and TPlink MC200 with an LPS-1.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Q8IKRE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I guess that a better cable will produce better results but I am quite satisfied with the results.

My mR is feed by an Sbooster 5/6 V.

I am also curious if an Iso Regen will benefit my SQ...

Alex, we're all waiting for news!!!  

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

On 4/9/2017 at 10:16 PM, Superdad said:

Well IN the test I did tonight with a single LPS-1 powering both the microRendu and the ISO REGEN,  the ISO REGEN was supplying VBUS power to a Singxer SU-1.  And while I know the F-1 is slightly different in that it is 100% bus-powered, the USB 2.0 spec does not allow for more that 500mA bus draw and only full on bus-only DAC/headphone amps ever approach near that.  

So I am rather confident that the combo would work fine for you too.

i do encourage everyone to get the handy Drok USB VBUS meter for checking devices: https://www.amazon.com/DROK-Digital-Multimeter-Voltmeter-Capacitance/dp/B00J3JSEG6/

(I like the LED version for $10.47; I use it all the time.)

Okay, the Singxer F-1 had the following numbers from the DROK:

5.2 vdc

160 mA

0.83 w

Based on that, I would think I could use one LPS-1 to power both the micorRendu and ISO Regen, right?

Just now, greenleo said:

Hi Alex,

Any chance to have the purchasing details ready before the Good Friday?

Trying to get the web pages done by then--or this weekend--so that order acceptance can begin by the 25th.  (That's when production boards arrive--and I refuse to take a dime from anyone until I have those in my hand and fit into the case.)  This is all very close.  The only thing holding anything up is me writing web copy and sorting out the bundles and configuration options.

On 4/10/2017 at 7:39 PM, Superdad said:

USPCB?  I hope they are sufficiently inexpensive to build one into the price of an ISO REGEN, but maybe that's unrealistic.  I'd like it if you could throw in a DC coupler.

Thanks for the additional timeline details.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

13 hours ago, Adyc said:

Good to know!!

Yep I was pleased and grateful for their honestly. It's sounds like they know what they're talking about but I'm not technically savvy - would be great but would appreciate if John or Alex could confirm?