IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

3 hours ago, Archimago said:

Don't know if true these days (or even ever since "audiophile" is rather vaguely defined). Ultimately the fate of mQa rests with the fate of Tidal. With this kind of nonsense I hope audiophiles make it very clear that in fact Tidal is NOT the favoured service unless major changes happen! That's probably the most powerful attack strategy if there is one these days against mQa.

IIRC, the labels (or maybe just Warner?) have been slipping some mQa files to Qobuz. They could make it the only format available for distribution to any streaming service.  I don't think Tidal is a big player here -- they just happen to be the pilot project.

mQa is dead!

2 hours ago, lucretius said:

IIRC, the labels (or maybe just Warner?) have been slipping some mQa files to Qobuz. They could make it the only format available for distribution to any streaming service.  I don't think Tidal is a big player here -- they just happen to be the pilot project.

This is mQa’s  only way through if the majors feed these files to other companies do we know which titles have been given out, the only ones I know are 2L with Morten being pro mQa?

9 hours ago, Archimago said:

This is retarded. Purposely handicapping 48kHz music when they full well could stream it bit-perfect.

The older MQA argument was that it preserves "crown jewels" owned by labels and thus allows to release hi-res content which otherwise wouldn't be  released.
But in this case there is no label to be protected and the author wishes to stream his original 48k content. The party profiting on this is MQA business pushing consumers to buy MQA enabled devices. The distrokid pages don't explain the author what will happen on Tidal.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500

Is Veth that ill informed or are his followers that gullible?

Does critical thinking and independent thought  still exist or are the masses slaves to the screen in front of them?

MQA has spent seven years repeating the same BS, BS that has been picked apart and shown to be pure smoke and mirrors, and yet there are still followers.

Seems like the only way MQA will end is when Bob Stuart gathers all the believers together and they all drink the grape punch.

It is just incredible to me that people would accept crippled music.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

3 hours ago, FredericV said:

OMG comparing different DSD rates to upsampled PCM, and not realizing that MQA x4 or MQA x8 is just upsampling from 88.2K or 96K in the renderer.

image.png.62cd2334e55aa417604502ba2ba1396e.png

What did the "expert" with the "golden ears" think? How did he compare to MQA and find the MQA superior?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

On 9/22/2021 at 1:21 PM, Pierre LeMonf said:

Forgive me, but after parsing through this thread, isn't the quote below pure merde?

spacer.png

"When music is playing, the EVO's screen displays, along with the album cover, the song and album titles, the artist's name, the stream resolution, the file format, the track's total and elapsed time, and—if the track is MQA—the MQA logo accompanied by either a green or a blue dot indicating whether that MQA recording is engineer- or artist-approved (blue, "MQA Studio"). If the dot is green, it means that the file being streamed is intact MQA, but it may not be the most recent or definitive version of the recording.

I got a kick out of seeing my first blue authentication dot. I thought: "This recording is the real deal!" It appeared on the 24/192 MQA version of John Coltrane's cover of "My Favorite Things" (Atlantic/Qobuz) which I heard after I'd heard that same track on a green-lighted 16/44.1 MQA mix."

https://www.stereophile.com/content/cambridge-audio-evo-150-streaming-integrated-amplifier

How do I get them to include a golden dot for the versions I recommend in my TBVOs? 😂

With Tidal having hitched its wagon to MQA, and vice-versa, one has to wonder how it is working out for the parties involved.

Has Tidal gained any market share since its recent acquisition?

Do they think that offering MQA is going to propel them into the mainstream ?

Does MQA think that Tidal is going to be their savior?

Does MQA see any possible chance of ever becoming a de-facto standard?

Having lost money since its inception, I am curious to see the financial postings for MQA Ltd at the end of the year.

I keep checking the financial posting of MQA Ltd to see if they have folded their tent and moved on to that place where bad ideas go to die.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook