IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

3 minutes ago, KeenObserver said:

This whole MQA thing just astounds me!

Most get rich schemes just die when they are exposed for what they are.

Look at Bernie Maddoff.

Look at Enron.

Now look at MQA. It just keeps on going and going. Even after every aspect of it has been debunked and it has been shown to be nothing but a scheme to extract money from the music consumer.

Promises had to have been made.

No start up scheme continues to lose money for seven years!

I agree -- MQA IS a scheme (in a negative sense.)

This just strikes me as there are people that think that they have the power to manipulate people into buying anything. There are people that think that they can force the music consumer to bend to their will.

And the worst part is that there are people that drink the contaminated brandy.

Truly a sad day when there are people that blindly accept going over the cliff.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

@GoldenOne, I forgot to add in my post above, that the bit in your article's TLDR regarding this issue is therefore not entirely accurate:

TLDR: Tidal ‘HiFi’ is not lossless. It just streams the MQA version of tracks with some metadata removed to prevent most DACs from recognising it as MQA and limits streaming to 16 bit.

BTW, the 'Blue light still shines' thread is definitely worth a careful read, especially the conversation with Mans Rullgard - starting with this gem:

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/38608-truncating-mqa-files-to-16-bits-and-the-blue-light-still-shines/?do=findComment&comment=784981

image.thumb.png.af945102edd0d075d8434274529a39c4.png

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

22 hours ago, FredericV said:

Without truncation, it will show 24 bit 352.8 kHz and mQa will just recover one octave above redbook and everything else is just not authentic to the original, but upsample noise.

A question, You say an octave above redbook. Redbook goes to 20 kHz, an octave above that is at 40 kHz. But if one looks at the measurements where the dreaded "MQA gap" is present it seems that Actual frequency response only goes to approx. 24 kHz.

Or have I gotten this wrong? 

On 12/1/2021 at 10:40 AM, yahooboy said:

A question, You say an octave above redbook. Redbook goes to 20 kHz, an octave above that is at 40 kHz. But if one looks at the measurements where the dreaded "MQA gap" is present it seems that Actual frequency response only goes to approx. 24 kHz.

Or have I gotten this wrong? 

Strictly speaking, redbook CD goes up to 22.05 kHz, as per Nyquist. By definition, the Nyquist frequency is 22.05 kHz, because that is half the sample rate is 44.1 kHz.