IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

53 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

Rather than simply believing what you are told, take a look at their actual financial statements:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02710631/filing-history

The company lost money in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2016. They would have lost money in 2015 as well but they recorded a one-time sale of their intellectual property. I suspect this was related to the spin-off of the MQA assets into a separate company.

Which file is the financial statement here?  All the annual returns I liked at were missing statements.

4 minutes ago, Lee Scoggins said:

Which file is the financial statement here?  All the annual returns I liked at were missing statements.

The links named "Group of companies' accounts" contain the financial statements. 

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

3 minutes ago, Lee Scoggins said:

Oh, fuck off. We tracked the savings and the number I reported was less than the actual amount.

:(

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

17 minutes ago, opus101 said:

That makes it relevant to a thread on MQA? Really?

Look, he was asked about it so he answered. No need to attack him personally or accuse him on lying (not referring specifically to you), it’s quite enough to expose holes in his positions.

Edit: And he does seem to be losing it in his recent responses. As Truman said, If you can’t stand the heat....”

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Why doesn't MQA just do some celebrity endorsements?  Just get Jay-Z to tell the kids who own all those smartphones you can't be cool unless you listen to MQA.  I'm sure it's coming.  I think MQA made a strategic error in marketing to audiophiles.  Just detour around the audiophiles and go for mass market acceptance.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

49 minutes ago, Lee Scoggins said:

My sources tell me Meridian is actually tremendously profitable firm and has made a boatload on licensing deals.

Please kindly note my use of "creative, Richemont accounting".

As far as 2015 is concerned, and public filings, your sources would appear to be correct, and it would appear that Meridian did indeed make a boatload by selling MQA to Reinet Investments SARL, a Luxembourg-registered subsidiary of Richemont.

Them losing money also doesn't mean they're losing money for everyone, of course... it's not like they aren't repaying their loans, or interest on their loans, now is it...