IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

7 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

One man’s personal attack and hostility is another man’s valid but tough questioning. 

You may think it’s hostile for people to question you, but as long as the questions are fair there’s no problem at CA. Nobody gets a pass. There are no ministers of information. The fact that people are experienced or in the industry doesn’t mean they play by different rules. 

If people are scared away from CA because the questions are difficult and people don’t believe what they are saying, that’s life. 

If people are scared away because of real personal attacks, that’s another story. I look at every reported post and make a decision on how to proceed. Personal attacks are never allowed. The same rules apply to everyone. 

I’m amazed at what some people consider an attack. If the questions get hard or people are called out, they frequently report the post as a personal attack. 

We all need to remember this is just audio, not cancer research. Talk to someone who has survived cancer, who also follows this topic, and he’ll set your priorities straight. 

Yes, take the topic seriously because music is so critical to our lives. But don’t lose your shit and embarrass yourself over something that isn’t going to matter in the grand scheme of life. 

In addition, CA is the only site I know of where the OP can make the rules. You want objective only discussion? Fine. You want subjective only discussion? Fine.

It’s like we have our own smoking and nonsmoking sections (no comment about which camp is which).

Nobody should feel chased away from here or unwanted at CA, unless they fail to report comments that are against the rules. I put the onus on adults to act like adults. 

While I agree with much of this Chris, there should be boundaries.  Earlier my competence as a consultant was questioned.  Given that my consulting work has no bearing on the discussion, why is this necessary? 

There should be a basic level of respect for participants...but to be honest I don’t see that being the case if you support elements of MQA.

1 minute ago, Lee Scoggins said:

While I agree with much of this Chris, there should be boundaries.  Earlier my competence as a consultant was questioned.  Given that my consulting work has no bearing on the discussion, why is this necessary? 

Ther should be a basic level of respect for participants...but to be honest I don’t see that being the case if you support elements of MQA.

Tunnel vision posters who are tone deaf should get no respect.

11 minutes ago, Lee Scoggins said:

Sorry, my shorthand for HDMusicStreaming.  The Cheskys are about to launch an all-MQA streaming site.

These one off MQA streaming sites mean nothing in the big picture.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

6 minutes ago, Lee Scoggins said:

Earlier my competence as a consultant was questioned.  Given that my consulting work has no bearing on the discussion, why is this necessary? 

Why not just ignore the irrelevancies if you find they're bothering you? You're showing on here you're perfectly OK about ignoring things which are highly pertinent. So what gives?

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

Wrong. Everyone deserves respect as a person. Not points of view, but people deserve respect. 

If you have no respect for people, I have no time for you. Perhaps you just got a bit carried away?

Correct, people deserve respect. I am separating the respect people receive from their online personas.

I understand what you are getting at but I find it hard to respect trolls and posters are disingenuous.

3 minutes ago, Fair Hedon said:

Really?  I disagree, and numerous other posters have made fun of it. So, I am clearly not alone in this opinion.

Thats ok. We’ll disagree. I’m guessing there is more context to this. Perhaps posts from other sites and articles written. When I look at it as a first name in an MQA thread only, I say big deal. 

No worries though. We all come to this with different experiences. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

19 minutes ago, Dr Tone said:

These one off MQA streaming sites mean nothing in the big picture.

We will see.  The Cheskys have a solid record of innovation in music and some street smarts in business.  HDTracks has been very successful.  I have known them since the early 90s and they are good people.

24 minutes ago, Lee Scoggins said:

The Cheskys have a solid record of innovation in music and some street smarts in business.

So what's the business plan ... to steal customers away from TIDAL?  What will differentiate their streaming service?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's